Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have not been able to connect to app in 2 days.........not at work/home....regardless of wi fi or 3g...
anyone else?
I’m not having a problem running iOS 12 and latest Tesla App 3.5.0 on an iPhone X.

I assume you have connectivity when you physically check the CID in your MS. Unsure if you’re running iOS or Android, and what level of either OS and app. In the past, there have been instances where only certain version combos have become broken. I can’t help with Android, but generically, the other thing to try is unistall the app and reinstall... that fixed a problem for me and others in the past. Good luck!

Anyone else install 3.6.0 yet? It refers to new features available if you have firmware 2018.39:
Share to nav
Allow passengers to quickly control media
Start and stop software updates from the app

Anyone have 2018.39 yet?

A few people with rooted cars have it. It haant been generally released. My guess is the “real” 9.0 release to the fleet will be some later version number.

There’s a fairly active thread in the Model S forum on 2018.39 and friends. Not much testing with the app yet.

Bruce.

Help! I'm about to sell my S to get a performance Model 3. How do I transfer the phone app to the lucky buyer?
You don’t. You sign out of the app, then uninstall it from your device.

New owner installs the app on their device, and once Tesla has the VIN transferred to the new owner’s Tesla userid, they use those credentials to sign into the app and go.

Last edited:
Meaning of symbols on the iPhone app ?

I'm pretty sure the one on the left indicates the defroster is on and the one in the middle that the cabin heat is on.

But what is the one on the right? Battery heating?

And there other symbols? And, for that matter, is there a detailed online guide to the app?

Thanks! :)

0symbols.jpg

Meaning of symbols on the iPhone app ?

I'm pretty sure the one on the left indicates the defroster is on and the one in the middle that the cabin heat is on.

But what is the one on the right? Battery heating?

And there other symbols? And, for that matter, is there a detailed online guide to the app?

Thanks! :)

View attachment 355950
Yeah, it's relatively new and as you correctly guessed, it's a battery heater indicator.

Reactions: Patrick W
Does anyone know if the widget for IOS 12 on iphone wakes the car up from sleep? For example, i use my phone quite often as a systems engineers im always looking at emails, etc. Most times during the day i swipe to the left of the screen where the widget appears. Doing this action causes the widget for tesla to show and update from previous status. I am wondering if this causes the car to wake up if in sleep mode versus using the tesla app which for sure wakes the car up??

Does anyone know if the widget for IOS 12 on iphone wakes the car up from sleep? For example, i use my phone quite often as a systems engineers im always looking at emails, etc. Most times during the day i swipe to the left of the screen where the widget appears. Doing this action causes the widget for tesla to show and update from previous status. I am wondering if this causes the car to wake up if in sleep mode versus using the tesla app which for sure wakes the car up??

I don’t believe so. Unsure if you have a MS or not, or if M3 is different in this regard — but for MS, if you want your Tesla to check more often and be responsive to interaction from beyond, you should ensure the Energy Savings / Always Connected setting is ON. The “cost” of doing so is your MS will drain it’s battery a few more miles/day to be “always connected” to the outside world, vs when it’s OFF. Some former documentation indicated it could take minutes or more for your MS to potentially respond to the app when Always Connected = OFF; I know that was the case when I experimented with it a couple years back and I elected then to turn Always Connected ON as my default unless I were e.g. going to park somewhere without being able to be plugged-in for several weeks and retaining every last bit of charge became my primary concern.

I don’t believe so. Unsure if you have a MS or not, or if M3 is different in this regard — but for MS, if you want your Tesla to check more often and be responsive to interaction from beyond, you should ensure the Energy Savings / Always Connected setting is ON. The “cost” of doing so is your MS will drain it’s battery a few more miles/day to be “always connected” to the outside world, vs when it’s OFF. Some former documentation indicated it could take minutes or more for your MS to potentially respond to the app when Always Connected = OFF; I know that was the case when I experimented with it a couple years back and I elected then to turn Always Connected ON as my default unless I were e.g. going to park somewhere without being able to be plugged-in for several weeks and retaining every last bit of charge became my primary concern.

Thanks that is the overall expectation is what i have come to find out. It is best to leave that on as you stated unless you are leaving the car at the airport for a few days ( which i just did recetnyl for a few days ) and only lost 20 miles or so in 3 days. Not bad.

Interesting new iOS app update today...

Bruce.

View attachment 358406 View attachment 358407
Yeeesssss do you realize what this means? It means we can safely watch a movie or do anything else for more than 1hr while charging and know whether we need to move our vehicle! We finally have a way to tell whether the supercharger is more than half full without having a direct line of sight to the vehicle’s location.

Reactions: ironwaffle