Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos of inappropriate UK Supercharger usage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wouldn't go as far as to say that the problem of third parties blocking Tesla superchargers is endemic, but at the same time I would not proclaim that the lack of feedback on one forum is indicative of anything beyond a lack of feedback on one forum.
As we don’t have access to the usage stats and information that Tesla uses to inform its planning this is simply a way to share what’s actually going on.

There is huge concern about the potential impact of opening up the SC network. It’s hard for the average Tesla driver to find out what’s going on when most of us only use Superchargers occasionally (and perhaps only particular locations that aren’t even included in the trial). We certainly can’t proclaim anything and I still have great concerns about the use of Superchargers if/when more are opened for public access. Having said that it doesn’t feel like the worst fears (which I shared) have yet come to pass.

I think we're forgetting that Tesla buyers have funded the charging network, however you look at it.
AFAIK no other vehicle owners have put money into the third party networks by buying their cars.
That’s like saying Yamaha R1 owners should get a free electronic organ.

Which is why they either pay a monthly fee or an increased price per KWH, seems fair to me.
I wasn’t intending to be pejorative- I’ve made several posts in the past to the effect that the network should be available to all when “alians” are getting to the grubby panty stage, at a hefty premium.
It’s to everyones’ advantage in the EV community to make the self-evident disadvantages of EV ownership disappear (such as they are, or are perceived) but not as more than a minor inconvenience to those who funded it.
If it turned out that the superiority of Tesla’s plug ‘n charge was enough to persuade large numbers to pay for the ease of use and reliability just in normal day to day charging, that would be a real turn-off for Tesla owners.

I wasn’t intending to be pejorative- I’ve made several posts in the past to the effect that the network should be available to all when “alians” are getting to the grubby panty stage, at a hefty premium.
It’s to everyones’ advantage in the EV community to make the self-evident disadvantages of EV ownership disappear (such as they are, or are perceived) but not as more than a minor inconvenience to those who funded it.
If it turned out that the superiority of Tesla’s plug ‘n charge was enough to persuade large numbers to pay for the ease of use and reliability just in normal day to day charging, that would be a real turn-off for Tesla owners.
Once public charging on Superchargers is common and I start waiting to use one, I'll be moving straight to another car that can do it. The main advantage for having a M3 is for the charging, but if that goes, then why should I pay a premium for it when comparing to others.

Reactions: Barabing
That’s like saying Yamaha R1 owners should get a free electronic organ.
Hate to be a pedant but the motorcycle division of Yamaha was spun off as a separate company, Yamaha Motor Company, in 1955. Yamaha Corporation, the bit that does musical instruments, is a separate company but still owns about 10% of Yamaha Motor Company. So it isn’t really like R1 owners getting a free electric organ. A better analogy would be R1 owners getting a free Yamaha lawnmower.