Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up Model S on Sunday 3/30 - recommended restaurants for lunch near Factory?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK - delivery update. Piece of cake flying into SJC from the OC, renting a car and driving up to Fremont. Ate lunch at Sala Thai 2, very near the factory, had great Thai food in a fun atmosphere. Located in an unassuming strip mall and not fancy, but excellent food. The place was very busy even for a Sunday lunch, so clearly well-known in the area. It is Halal certified so no pork or alcohol. Didn't miss it as too excited for the car! Went to the factory, signed all paperwork and spent an hour walking through the car and features. Perfect condition other than a sticky smudge on the license plate frame which they replaced. Had some nice discussions and debates with others in the lobby on pros/cons of having Tesla install front license plate holder (they will drill and install for you if you want). Decided not to mount it and maybe just take my chances with no front license plate when the plates arrive. Went on 3 pm factory tour on a tram with some walking around. Very interesting, even though factory was not in operation. Think we got to get closer to a number of machines and assembly areas since things were not in production. Am guessing it is really noisy when things are working. Dropped the rental car back at SJC on our way south and headed home. We stopped for dinner at Harris Ranch and charged up. Fun to stalk my car on my phone using the Tesla app during dinner and watch the charge rate increase. Interestingly all spaces at Harris Ranch except one were full at 7 pm on a Sunday night. We pulled into last open spot and went to dinner. Noticed that charging rate seemed slower than I expected at the beginning but maybe since all chargers were in use. During dinner it got faster and faster and was at full charge before we were done with dinner but by then we were the only car left at the charging station. Toughest part was getting home with smashed bugs on my brand new car from the drive! Had to head to the hand wash car wash first thing on Monday. Loving the car!!!
photo.JPG
image.jpeg
image (1).jpeg
image (2).jpeg
image (4).jpeg
image (5).jpeg