Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up my CPO next week, what should I make sure I inspect?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The CPO I ordered a month ago, is due to arrive next week. What things should I make sure I inspect when I go to look at the car? I know tradition car stuff, tires, paint, brakes, etc. But what thing should I look for or ask questions on that I'm not thinking about that others have seen or run into?

Thanks in advance.

Someone previously made this delivery checklist for their Model X I will copy it below. Sorry, i don't remember who to give credit to......:confused:

. X delivery Checklist_Page_1.jpg X delivery Checklist_Page_2.jpg X delivery Checklist_Page_3.jpg X delivery Checklist_Page_4.jpg X delivery Checklist_Page_5.jpg X delivery Checklist_Page_6.jpg X delivery Checklist_Page_7.jpg X delivery Checklist_Page_8.jpg X delivery Checklist_Page_9.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: carter_seattle
Don't forget to check the windshield for damage or cracks; ask for the alignment specs - ask for this ahead of time; look at the splitter in the back - not uncommon to find it cracked; check the fit/finish on the hood, doors, etc; check the inside of the tires for excessive wear - might be worthwhile to bring a gauge to check tread depth. But most importantly, get everything you find noted on a "Due Bill." If you don't have it documented, it may be difficult to get them to fix things. Enjoy the car!!

Don't forget to check the windshield for damage or cracks; ask for the alignment specs - ask for this ahead of time; look at the splitter in the back - not uncommon to find it cracked; check the fit/finish on the hood, doors, etc; check the inside of the tires for excessive wear - might be worthwhile to bring a gauge to check tread depth. But most importantly, get everything you find noted on a "Due Bill." If you don't have it documented, it may be difficult to get them to fix things. Enjoy the car!!
Curious -- What do you mean by the "splitter in the back?"

The biggest thing when picking up a CPO is to get all cosmetic issues you are concerned about noted and on the due bill, since this is the last chance you get to fix those items. So scratches, dents, damaged interior pieces, etc. Also any issues with the wear parts: tires, brakes, etc. I would check the underside of the car just to make sure there is no damage from improper jacking or towing.

All mechanical issues should be taken care of via the warranty, so that is less of an issue during delivery.

I had a misaligned trim piece on mine that I had added to the due bill.

Reactions: JPUConn
I picked mine up two weeks ago. I got some scratches and moulding issues noted on due bill and I'm taking it into the service center in a couple of weeks to get addressed. Bring a tape measure so you can measure any scratches. I made the mistake of not bringing one. I believe anything larger than 3/8" should be fixed. I had scratches way longer than that. Your documentation should explain what is supposed to be fixed vs not.

Something we didn't even *think* to check, or that would be a consideration.....picked up our 2014 P85 2+ weeks ago now......it has 3G service and NOT 4G or LTE. $500 to upgrade. Not included with our CPO.

Mine also had 3G. That is going to depend on the era car you are buying and if the original owner did the upgrade or not. I am not sure when they broke in that change. I did the upgrade on mine - it was worth it for me.

Mine also had 3G. That is going to depend on the era car you are buying and if the original owner did the upgrade or not. I am not sure when they broke in that change. I did the upgrade on mine - it was worth it for me.
So the LTE sticks with the car? That's good to know. Do they tell you what your car has when you pick it up? Or do you have to ask / find it on your own on the control unit?

So the LTE sticks with the car? That's good to know. Do they tell you what your car has when you pick it up? Or do you have to ask / find it on your own on the control unit?

I think you would have to ask the sales rep to find out (unless you have access to the car). It's a hardware upgrade, so no way for it to go with the prior owner.

• Informative
Reactions: skitch23