Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics: Model S w/ Lightweight Aftermarket Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On my current car I had the wheels and tires shipped from Tire Rack to the Sears by my house and they did the TPMS swap and tire install/balance for $20 per corner. I plan to do the same when my MS gets here (and unless I see a better option I'm copying you MNX :)). I have the white with glass roof on order and I think those black wheels look perfect. It helps to hide the size of the tires, which bothers me after seeing the 21" wheels. Not a bad price for them either! I'm sure someone back East might be interested in my stock 19's as well.

I decided to place an order for Forgestar C5Fv's (Forgestar CF5V Wheels BMW 19") for my summer set. Will post pictures after I receive them and get them mounted on the car in 6-8 weeks. For tires I'm going get: Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position. BridgestonePotenza S-04 Pole Position

Now just gotta wait for the wheels to be built and for it to warm up outside. Can't wait to do some timed 0-60's. Definitely going to make a trip to the drag strip this summer as well.

On my current car I had the wheels and tires shipped from Tire Rack to the Sears by my house and they did the TPMS swap and tire install/balance for $20 per corner. I plan to do the same when my MS gets here (and unless I see a better option I'm copying you MNX :)). I have the white with glass roof on order and I think those black wheels look perfect. It helps to hide the size of the tires, which bothers me after seeing the 21" wheels. Not a bad price for them either! I'm sure someone back East might be interested in my stock 19's as well.

Will the stock tires fit on those CF5V's (19x8.5)? I know you said you bought a new set for summers but I plan to use the existing tires on whatever wheel I get. I really like those Forgestars because you can choose between finishes. Gunmetal would look great.

I decided to place an order for Forgestar C5Fv's (Forgestar CF5V Wheels BMW 19") for my summer set. Will post pictures after I receive them and get them mounted on the car in 6-8 weeks. For tires I'm going get: Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position. BridgestonePotenza S-04 Pole Position

Now just gotta wait for the wheels to be built and for it to warm up outside. Can't wait to do some timed 0-60's. Definitely going to make a trip to the drag strip this summer as well.

mnx - What specs did you end up going with? I am really interested to see some 9.5" wide wheels in the rear of the MS.

mnx - What specs did you end up going with? I am really interested to see some 9.5" wide wheels in the rear of the MS.

19x8.5 front and rear. I may have gone wider in the back if someone else had done it already (I tried asking Elon via twitter how his car handled with 265's on the rear and didn't get a response)

Although at the end of the day I dislike the idea of increasing tire costs and reducing efficiency...

For those of you who have gone aftermarket bmw wheels.. two questions

1) Were you able to use the stock lugs or did you have to get different lugs?

2) Those of you who bought a new set of tmps - where did you get it and what type were they?

thanks!

Custom 22" Vellano wheels from KARTUNZ in Pleasanton, CA

IMG_0578.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

It's been a long wait! But my new set of wheels (19" Forgestar c5fv) arrived yesterday. Can't wait to get these on and my winter tires off the car, unfortunately that will have to wait until Friday...

Here's a couple teaser shots for now:
DSC_9987_e.jpg
DSC_9988_e.jpg

mnx - thats awesome! Can you weight them unmounted? Supposedly they're really lightweight!

Also what offset did you get? What tires? super sports?

I weighed one on the bathroom scale, came out to 19.8lbs (which is what they say on the modbargains.com website).

I went with a +38 offset. I'll be mounting the OEM goodyears for now, I figured I'd start with inexpensive tires see what kind of tire life I get and then move on to something better later. My next set will either be Bridgestone Potenza's s-04 Pole Position or Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

I weighed one on the bathroom scale, came out to 19.8lbs (which is what they say on the modbargains.com website).

I went with a +38 offset. I'll be mounting the OEM goodyears for now, I figured I'd start with inexpensive tires see what kind of tire life I get and then move on to something better later. My next set will either be Bridgestone Potenza's s-04 Pole Position or Michelin Pilot Super Sports.
Pictures when you get them on! The spoke design makes the 19's look better.(bigger)

where'd you get the tpms for them?

Tire size?

Also did you have to specify the bolt size/type?