Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No new M3's seen at the Fremont factory by me - I know that some Fremont employees are still waiting for their cars so we'll see if they get theirs soon.

IMG_6412.jpg
IMG_6415.jpg
IMG_6414.jpg
IMG_6410.jpg
IMG_6409.jpg
IMG_6407.jpg

Reactions: Waiting4M3
Its interesting to me...but in the photographs just posted it seems like the trim is lining up better between the front and rear doors.
Also look at the red VIN #141, lower passenger side of the frunk cover has some alignment issue. I don't see this in the other cars. So Tesla seems to be making improvements just in these few hundred cars that we think have been made and delivered.

upload_2017-11-8_14-7-57.png

Its interesting to me...but in the photographs just posted it seems like the trim is lining up better between the front and rear doors.
Tesla is not the only manufacturer with this issue. Here's an Audi A6 with the exact same problem. So let's stop acting like Tesla is the only one with this problem.

Attachments

• IMG_20171108_062324.jpg
    IMG_20171108_062324.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 139
No new M3's seen at the Fremont factory by me - I know that some Fremont employees are still waiting for their cars so we'll see if they get theirs soon.

View attachment 258949 View attachment 258950 View attachment 258951 View attachment 258954

I've been noticing that the VIN is all over the place within the small window on these examples:
VIN 311 - too low
VIN 347 - too high
VIN 058 - too low and slanting upwards
VIN 223 - looks perfect

I know the little window is big enough to accomodate the VIN in all cases, but I was hoping the placement would be more uniform.

--Cintoman

I've been noticing that the VIN is all over the place within the small window on these examples:
VIN 311 - too low
VIN 347 - too high
VIN 058 - too low and slanting upwards
VIN 223 - looks perfect

I know the little window is big enough to accomodate the VIN in all cases, but I was hoping the placement would be more uniform.

--Cintoman

Some things are still done by hand so you'll see a lot of variation here, the line isn't fully running yet as they debug the robots. Numbers of cars per day is increasing and will definitely hit 5k/week by March (per my source). The problem will then be how to get all the cars out of Fremont - the cars themselves will autopilot to this lot being built (below) where they will then be loaded onto trailers for delivery. 5000 a week means about 700 a day, ~70 truck carriers leaving the factory or about 3 leaving every hour, 24 hours a day. Right now they are working on getting the railway track to the factory fixed up so hopefully that should alleviate the traffic problems on 880.
IMG_6417.jpg

upload_2017-11-9_8-47-1.png

Some things are still done by hand so you'll see a lot of variation here, the line isn't fully running yet as they debug the robots. Numbers of cars per day is increasing and will definitely hit 5k/week by March (per my source). The problem will then be how to get all the cars out of Fremont - the cars themselves will autopilot to this lot being built (below) where they will then be loaded onto trailers for delivery. 5000 a week means about 700 a day, ~70 truck carriers leaving the factory or about 3 leaving every hour, 24 hours a day. Right now they are working on getting the railway track to the factory fixed up so hopefully that should alleviate the traffic problems on 880.
View attachment 259108
View attachment 259107

Very interesting. It's a bit off topic but I've always wondered how Tesla could use that train line and where it leads. Could be a pretty big factor for logistics if instead of all those trucks you get one big train to the east coast.

The self driving parking is amazing.... think about the engineers going crazy writing the software that gets the cars all ordered based on their destination :eek:

This is why I love Tesla.

Back on topic: looks like quite a few sightings but no new high VINs to report yet? We should definitely keep updating the graph someone posted a couple of days back (it was great).

EDIT: ok I'm in the wrong thread so definitely not back on topic. hahaha I'll go back to counting VINs.

View attachment 259108
View attachment 259107

Thats great news. Did your source disclose at what rate they are as of today? Any indication is helpful for the waiting crowd.

P.S. just imagine finally they are ramping up the S curve and need to it slow again down because they have not space to make them park themselves, railway track not finished yet and the 880 is blocked..... BTW, See them park themselves will be great PR !

Reactions: rrosenbl
View attachment 259108
View attachment 259107

How can the cars autopilot themselves when all AP cars need to drive for several tens of miles in order for the cameras to calibrate?

Reactions: Skryll
Status
Not open for further replies.