Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats great news. Did your source disclose at what rate they are as of today? Any indication is helpful for the waiting crowd.

P.S. just imagine finally they are ramping up the S curve and need to it slow again down because they have not space to make them park themselves, railway track not finished yet and the 880 is blocked..... BTW, See them park themselves will be great PR !

No numbers but definitely increasing week by week. This analyst had a better view -

Model 3 drive event impresses; just 180 built in October - Elektrek - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ:TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

• Informative
Reactions: TQCLove
How can the cars autopilot themselves when all AP cars need to drive for several tens of miles in order for the cameras to calibrate?
Also, what if the cars weren't ordered with Autopilot? Does Tesla simply enable this feature temporarily on all cars so they can herd themselves to the transport vehicles and then disable Autopilot OTA for those cars that did not have this feature paid for?

Also, what if the cars weren't ordered with Autopilot? Does Tesla simply enable this feature temporarily on all cars so they can herd themselves to the transport vehicles and then disable Autopilot OTA for those cars that did not have this feature paid for?

I would think so. It shouldn't be that hard to do. Again, more and more benefits of Tesla's software-focused design.

Not sure if it was Tesla or another mfg'er, but I read an article about cars self-driving themselves off the assembly line and to a staging area. The article went into specifics indicating that the car's computer(s) were in a special "pre-delivery" state that was likely switched over to operational state upon delivery.

I would think so. It shouldn't be that hard to do. Again, more and more benefits of Tesla's software-focused design.
Tesla should offer free 1-2 day promotional periods of autopilot use on cars once or twice a year, kinda like premium TV channels like HBO used to do when I was younger (or maybe still do, I don't watch much TV)...

Tesla should offer free 1-2 day promotional periods of autopilot use on cars once or twice a year, kinda like premium TV channels like HBO used to do when I was younger (or maybe still do, I don't watch much TV)...

They had a promotional way back when. Folks without AP were given a one month trial with AP. One of my coworkers tried it. At that time he was only doing local driving and at that time AP wasn’t geared for local driving, only highway. So my coworker didn’t buy it.

I take it after they complete the cars they take them outside for a quick charge. Do they supercharge them for 50 miles at the factory and finish at the destination? If they plan on doing 1,000 cars a day that seems like a lot of charge time if each one is hooked up for 45 minutes at the factory. FYI, there were around 8+ Model 3's charging earlier today.

IMG_20171109_213446.jpg

It always amazes me how little protection Tesla puts on their cars during transport. I’m just used to seeing full wraps on the body and covers on the wheels but guess those are cases where cars are shipped from Europe to the US. Looks like covered transport but still would be worried about damage during shipping.

I take it after they complete the cars they take them outside for a quick charge. Do they supercharge them for 50 miles at the factory and finish at the destination? If they plan on doing 1,000 cars a day that seems like a lot of charge time if each one is hooked up for 45 minutes at the factory. FYI, there were around 8+ Model 3's charging earlier today.

View attachment 259267

Where are those superchargers located? Are they at the Fremont factory proper or some satellite facility? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

View attachment 259267

I suspect that packs are built with partial charge in the cells. While there may be some quick testing to validate supercharging works, I doubt its a long session at all.

• Informative
Reactions: DR61
Status
Not open for further replies.