Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there! I'm with you on hatchbacks being more practical than trunks. But check this picture out:

MPQhDVBghS2Vv8sUab6BMlmLwv95GLQQPOV4cuhIQW_MPcgmUvA2QZI3OM2EgLTkH2YYOJHesvTg3aijnmbqelkndORunPtlh3ev2EE0wym85A854fcFrfU0EjG4HQpPPQ_EBkNyoYQ=w1200-h801-no

That trunk lid opens scaringly HUGE. Just like a hatch, the trunk lid won't be in the way. There's also a board at the bottom of that trunk that you can remove to carry taller things. And notice how the opening let's you carry things in and drop them inside the trunk, as opposed to having to push them inside the trunk too much.

All in all, I'm ok with this trunk/hatch hybrid (ewww I said 'hybrid').

Regards,
JR
PS: 73! Couldn't find your callsign on any lookup book. F1=France?

jwRvx_s-200x150.gif

Confirmed. It's big.

(If you've ever seen that episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm you know that that "small" hand gesture actually means "big".)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Runt8
Yes indeed!! A bike friendly tratch :cool:

View attachment 241450

Here is a picture of drag ramps on the back seats of an ML320. They are removable. And guarantee a smooth transition if you are sliding a bicycle rear wheel on the floor past the step (discontinuity) where the folded seat back ends (when the seat is folded down).

IMG_4434.JPG

All you would need to do is stitch rod into the corner of the seat cover to act as a pivot.

(It might not be needed [or even help] as the pedal may act as a pivot to lift the rear wheel over the step).

here's a better pic of the non-aero 18s that appear to be powder coated + center cap. looks really good

source: Tesla Model 3 - Fremont California • r/teslamotors

View attachment 241581

They are growing on me slowly, still prefer the sport at the moment. Do we think they are like this stock underneath? The center cap is the same color so I assume this might be stock. That would also explain why we no longer see the silver showing around the sides of the aero cover.

Last edited:
I like the finish they put on those wheels !

Has anyone confirmed that the Aeros are indeed covers that can be removed to show those wheels underneath?

I am tempted to run without covers for my in town commute, and then put the covers on if I am doing a long distance highway road trip.

Reactions: SageBrush
Anyone see the recent red Model 3 on the link @BluestarE3 posted on page 25? Curious if anyone can confirm/deny that these are indeed the aero wheels sans covers. Might sway some people's decision on them.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=Q2xNd09Wam91b29IZVJNNDFBeFYyYktpcFJPbVln

View attachment 241580
(Courtesy of the above link)
Short of actually seeing pictures/video of showing the covers being removed, I think this confirms that this is what the wheels look like without the covers, which a lot of us already suspected.

• Helpful
Reactions: TQCLove
I like the finish they put on those wheels !

Has anyone confirmed that the Aeros are indeed covers that can be removed to show those wheels underneath?

I am tempted to run without covers for my in town commute, and then put the covers on if I am doing a long distance highway road trip.

I edited my post above but I think these may definitely be the stock rims underneath, would explain why we don't see the bright silver around the aero covers anymore like on the RCs.

Reactions: alseTrick
I edited my post above but I think these may definitely be the stock rims underneath, would explain why we don't see the bright silver around the aero covers anymore like on the RCs.

Ah yes, the edge showing through... Seems like 90% confirmation that they are indeed covers (even though someone on a Facebook group swore they were solid wheels not covers. )

And the configurator site we saw only had 18" or 19" wheel options, not two types of 18"

Ah yes, the edge showing through... Seems like 90% confirmation that they are indeed covers (even though someone on a Facebook group swore they were solid wheels not covers. )

And the configurator site we saw only had 18" or 19" wheel options, not two types of 18"
Maybe, much like the white interior, they have employees testing out future options that the lucky few cannot see in the configurator today.

• Informative
Reactions: TQCLove and MP3Mike
Status
Not open for further replies.