Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
model-3-charging-white.jpg

I love how the Model S looks too, but the one thing I can't stand is the rear window view from the inside. Seriously you can't see anything. I would have much rather they made the roof line taller so I can get some more visibility.
View attachment 244570
Model X is even worse. Our rear view mirror is so tiny, it's hilarious. Not to mention that the middle row's headrest blocks 50%+ of your field of view. And beyond that... a tiny window that is so severely raked your actual view out the window is about 1/10 the amount of glass that's actually there. And beyond THAT... a spoiler that cuts across the two inches of view you still have. Luckily this is all made up for by having an amazing reverse camera that I leave on at all times, and is far superior to having a mirror at all.

I took a quick tour through the Fremont parking lot yesterday. Spotted three Model 3's - grey VIN 20, white VIN 107 and a blue one that was being driven.

I also noticed a Reliable Transport covered car carrier entering the premises. Does Tesla normally ship in enclosed trailers?
I saw a Tesla carrier going north on HW5 from CA to OR last week, it was an open carrier.

View attachment 244556

Both Motortrend shots with presumably similar camera settings at pretty much the same angle. Professional photos with well-adjusted, realistic focal lengths. Which car looks better? Obviously the S, since you can't possibly have your budget car compete in looks to your premium car, but let's dig a little deeper.

Model 3 has a giant forehead. It always will because the hood is so small. It's much lower than the S, yet the height is unchanged (+/- .5"). Model 3 is also a hell of a lot more narrow which actually makes the Model 3 hood line appear taller than Model S (look at bottom pics), even when viewed side by side like this! This obviously also exacerbates the tallness of the glass, coupled with the more vertical angle of the sides of the windshield. The actual low hood line means the effect is doubled. it loses out on the sleek, flat, triangular look and opts for a tall, boxy, bubbly look, which makes the car look top-heavy.

Also threw in a bonus image of the 3-series (taken by Motortrend) to demonstrate the quintessential notion of "sporty", "sexy", and "sedan". Looks a lot like the S, huh? Makes the 3 look even more derpy by comparison. It looks like a clown car
The 3 definitely has a large cabin. I wouldn't call it a clown car though. It's just a continuation on X, with the same open cabin/hidden roofline as well as a windshield that extends farther down than the X/S. Depending on the shot, it can make the car look relatively top heavy, but different angles make the S look relatively bottom heavy, which to me seems like six of one, half-dozen of another.

Attachments

• shot0001.png
    shot0001.png
    6 MB · Views: 149
That's because it is ridiculously tall compared to those sports cars.

One could also say those sports cars are ridiculously low compared to almost any other car.

On a different aspect I just noticed while browsing through the Motor Trend pictures: some say (no, I'm not going to reference character traits of "The Stig" ;)) that the rear interior of the Model 3 seemed cramped when compared to that of the Model S. Judging by this picture, I think it looks almost enormous - for a car of that format. Just look at the legroom (and the front seats don't seem to be in a very forward position either):

Tesla-Model-3-rear-interior-seats.jpg

The more details I see, the more excited and happy I get about my future car.

Last edited:
It's one of those things that can't be unseen! I notice that read now on each picture. I've yet to see the passenger rear showing the alignment issues. Does this seem to be limited to the drivers side rear door?
I've seen worse fitting rear doors in the MX.
Porsche hoods are actually sunk below inning up for areo and. Pose reduction. I wouldn't be surprised if they have to do some ugly things for all Models as the lack of ICE enables the 'what they heck is that noise' from the back doors while on the freeway etc. My electric Focus is the epitome of fugly lined up doors, that the dealer claims is all correct, probably because they open and close. I've taken to try to fix some of it but a bunch isnt user friendly serviceable without some help. A flat on side shot of the same car, same side might help show if it can be adjusted. I didn't notice bad fitting parts in the S, and I've seen a ton of S's. 4 X's that pulled up next to me made me cringe a bit.

Dang it, it's what I get for using my phone on the internet. I was actually thinking of getting a white 3 and wrapping the roof during the summer here. I didn't want the glass roof but I'm having to get it.
You can find plenty of threads already discussing the glass roof in hot climates. It really is zero problem. A few months ago I was in 119 degrees for several days in AZ. I never wished for a solid metal roof.

One could also say those sports cars are ridiculously low compared to almost any other car.

On a different aspect I just noticed while browsing through the Motor Trend pictures: some say (no, I'm not going to reference character traits of "The Stig" ;)) that the rear interior of the Model 3 seemed cramped when compared to that of the Model S. Judging by this picture, I think it looks almost enormous - for a car of that format. Just look at the legroom (and the front seats don't seem to be in a very forward position either):

View attachment 244605

The more details I see, the more excited and happy I get about my future car.
Will be fitting 2 car seats in our 3, so glad to see that the backseat area looks to be decently sized!

Status
Not open for further replies.