Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VIN that high surely had to be a release candidate, not production. Especially since it was seen in the east coast.

Well, it has manufacturer plates, so it's definitely not a customer car. Beyond that, it's kind of hard to really classify things. Who knows when it was built, since internal cars built during the production run still tend to have VINs in a different range.

The black would absolutely demand you to wrap the entire body. Unless you like seeing your paint all swirled up.

I don’t think that’s entirely true, as long as you take care of the finish, and don’t use a power buffer (or use one incorrectly). We have a 4 year-old black CRV without paint swirls, and I don’t even take as good of care of it as I could.

time to get excited again. lots of shrink-wrapped model 3s spotted in the factory lot, VIN of 200 spotted.

A few images of the Model 3 from the lot! • r/teslamotors

48_F1_EE37_4_EE2_45_F8_9099_91056_F1835_B0.jpg
DB82_E5_D0_2866_432_B_A0_BC_C512_F4_BF5_F5_B.jpg
A2_FCF37_F_E37_C_4_A7_C_B19_C_90_A9867_ECF98.jpg

I don’t think that’s entirely true, as long as you take care of the finish, and don’t use a power buffer (or use one incorrectly). We have a 4 year-old black CRV without paint swirls, and I don’t even take as good of care of it as I could.
My black 2006 Acura TL doesn't have swirls either. But it's always been hand washed. One of the bonuses my dealer included was free hand washes on Saturdays. Although I always tip the kids well.

Reactions: T-Will
My black 2006 Acura TL doesn't have swirls either. But it's always been hand washed. One of the bonuses my dealer included was free hand washes on Saturdays. Although I always tip the kids well.

Hmmm, I think we might have a different definition of swirls.
I own a black 08 Miata which has only been hand washed as well. Been waxed every year. She has sit outside her entire life. I can tell you black is next to impossible to keep clean and scratch/swirl free. Nothing compared to an actual colour that is. Sure, she looks nice and black about 10-15ft away. Get close and you'll see the scratches, water drops, slight surface rust on the windshield pillar. Winter is absolutely murder on paint. Then during the warm months you have to contend with the insects splattering all over the place.
The front bumper has been sandblasted, the hood and front fenders are pitted from road debris, the windshield pillar has little points of rust in certain spots. Even the sides of the car has Knicks from road debris.
If she didn't have so many km's on her I would keep her awhile longer. But she's looking a bit tired at 242k

Which is why I'm definitely getting the 3 wrapped when I finally get around to placing the order. I don't have to worry about anything knicking the paint. And I'll be able to run it through the wash without any worries

Saw this RC in San Diego yesterday near the airpot. Could not get great shots as he sped away when i was trying to take pics. Rear quarter panel looks a little model x. Looked great for the 10 seconds i saw it in action..

Attachments

• IMG_4196.JPG
    IMG_4196.JPG
    339 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_4195.JPG
    IMG_4195.JPG
    408.7 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4194.JPG
    IMG_4194.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_4192.JPG
    IMG_4192.JPG
    271.5 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_4193.JPG
    IMG_4193.JPG
    331.9 KB · Views: 126
alright guys, here we go. went by factory and found s3x in the wild, all same color (do i hit the tesla jackpot)? the model 3 was #142 and was produced in July (does that put tesla ahead of schedule?) oh i also got the clearest pic of the sticker too.

View attachment 245461 View attachment 245462 View attachment 245463 View attachment 245464 View attachment 245468 View attachment 245460 View attachment 245459

25% Mexico? Huh?

Are those parts light enough to throw over the wall, or will a boring tunnel be required?

RT

alright guys, here we go. went by factory and found s3x in the wild, all same color (do i hit the tesla jackpot)? the model 3 was #142 and was produced in July (does that put tesla ahead of schedule?) oh i also got the clearest pic of the sticker too.

View attachment 245460 View attachment 245459

I can't make it out very well but does that heated front seats for the driver and passenger? I think that's the first confirmation of that as a standard feature.

Reactions: boaterva
Status
Not open for further replies.