TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Pictures of production Model 3s

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by TEG, Jul 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Candleflame

Candleflame Active Member

black cars always look sick. For about 30min after you cleaned them...

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 3
  2. Neo_fd3s

Neo_fd3s Member

The black would absolutely demand you to wrap the entire body. Unless you like seeing your paint all swirled up.

3. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

4. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

Well, it has manufacturer plates, so it's definitely not a customer car. Beyond that, it's kind of hard to really classify things. Who knows when it was built, since internal cars built during the production run still tend to have VINs in a different range.

5. T-Will

T-Will Member

I don’t think that’s entirely true, as long as you take care of the finish, and don’t use a power buffer (or use one incorrectly). We have a 4 year-old black CRV without paint swirls, and I don’t even take as good of care of it as I could.

6. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

I believe all the RC's were 300 VIN's. That left the first 200 for employees.

7. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

Yes, that's true, but production cars built for internal purposes may also have 300 VINs. We just know that it's a manufacturer car, not when it was built.

8. anonim1979

anonim1979 Member

#968 anonim1979, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    You can always snap a picture of inside front wheel well if you can.

Those might be (newer) RCs testing dual motor or SAS (air suspension).
    Beats looking for a battery sticker or a HUD ;P

• Informative x 1
  9. nikeykid

nikeykid Member

• Like x 31
    • Love x 7
    • Informative x 1
  10. S3XY

S3XY Active Member

My black 2006 Acura TL doesn't have swirls either. But it's always been hand washed. One of the bonuses my dealer included was free hand washes on Saturdays. Although I always tip the kids well.

• Like x 1
  11. jasonh4451

jasonh4451 Member

Spotted white RC (mfg plates) driving around San Francisco today where it's an unusual 100+ degrees. Four people inside with two laptops open so they were testing something. AC strength maybe?

12. souslik

souslik Member

Probably just pair programming.

• Funny x 5
  13. Neo_fd3s

Neo_fd3s Member

Hmmm, I think we might have a different definition of swirls.
    I own a black 08 Miata which has only been hand washed as well. Been waxed every year. She has sit outside her entire life. I can tell you black is next to impossible to keep clean and scratch/swirl free. Nothing compared to an actual colour that is. Sure, she looks nice and black about 10-15ft away. Get close and you'll see the scratches, water drops, slight surface rust on the windshield pillar. Winter is absolutely murder on paint. Then during the warm months you have to contend with the insects splattering all over the place.
    The front bumper has been sandblasted, the hood and front fenders are pitted from road debris, the windshield pillar has little points of rust in certain spots. Even the sides of the car has Knicks from road debris.
    If she didn't have so many km's on her I would keep her awhile longer. But she's looking a bit tired at 242k

Which is why I'm definitely getting the 3 wrapped when I finally get around to placing the order. I don't have to worry about anything knicking the paint. And I'll be able to run it through the wash without any worries

14. bmms8

bmms8 Member

Saw this RC in San Diego yesterday near the airpot. Could not get great shots as he sped away when i was trying to take pics. Rear quarter panel looks a little model x. Looked great for the 10 seconds i saw it in action..

Attached Files:

• Like x 4
    • Love x 1
  15. nikeykid

nikeykid Member

alright guys, here we go. went by factory and found s3x in the wild, all same color (do i hit the tesla jackpot)? the model 3 was #142 and was produced in July (does that put tesla ahead of schedule?) oh i also got the clearest pic of the sticker too.

20170903_063648[1].jpg 20170903_063245[1].jpg 20170903_063205[1].jpg 20170903_063220[1].jpg 20170903_063213[1].jpg 20170903_071124.jpg 20170903_071144.jpg

• Like x 17
    • Informative x 5
    • Love x 2
    • Funny x 1
  16. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

25% Mexico? Huh?

Are those parts light enough to throw over the wall, or will a boring tunnel be required?

RT

• Funny x 7
    • Informative x 1
  17. RubberToe

RubberToe Supporting the greater good

But seriously, anybody know what is being built in Mexico?

RT

18. dsvick

dsvick Closed

I can't make it out very well but does that heated front seats for the driver and passenger? I think that's the first confirmation of that as a standard feature.

• Like x 1
  19. mrkymarc

mrkymarc Member

Also confirms permanent magnet motor

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  20. nikeykid

nikeykid Member

I believe it says heated seats for driver and front passenger.

• Like x 2