Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are videos cool to post here? I saw this one posted over on the Tesla subreddit.

For anyone who happens to see a Model 3 in the wild, don't be like this guy. No touchy the car please.
Videos are just a bunch of photos in succession, so they're cool. ;) Anyway, that's likely going to be my configuration: silver with aero wheels. Although every time I see a new photo of the blue, I get conflicted.

file.php

Best picture yet to directly compare.
I know someone mentioned this before, but I really see what they are saying now. It really looks like the tread width should be wider as the tire does look stretched to fit on the wheel.

I assume the relatively narrow 235 width is to help with efficiency and decrease the rolling resistance.

I visited Fremont today with my daughter to look at various color combos for her upcoming Model 3. We toured the employee charging area of the parking lot and saw 11 Model 3's, all in the VIN range of 11-179. Later I stopped by the Delivery Center and saw one Model 3 being delivered. The DS was explaining the adapters to the new owner who seemed to be unfamiliar with EV charging.

I point this out because the VIN was 000310. You know, in the VIN range that was previously thought to be for validation cars still owned by Tesla. Maybe they are finished validating and are now selling those cars to employees.

Last edited:
I visited Fremont today with my daughter to look at various color combos for her upcoming Model 3. We toured the employee charging area of the parking lot and saw 11 Model 3's, all in the VIN range of 11-179. Later I stopped by the Delivery Center and saw one Model 3 being delivered. The DS was explaining the adapters to the new owner who seemed to be unfamiliar with EV charging.

I point this out because the VIN was 000310. You know, in the VIN range that was previously thought to be for validation cars still owned by Tesla. Maybe they are finished validating and are now selling those cars to employees.

Very cool! She must have been thrilled. I'm not surprised at 310. I don't believe there were 100 RC's anyways. so there are numbers in the 300 range that could be assigned to customers, in this case employees.

I visited Fremont today with my daughter to look at various color combos for her upcoming Model 3. We toured the employee charging area of the parking lot and saw 11 Model 3's, all in the VIN range of 11-179. Later I stopped by the Delivery Center and saw one Model 3 being delivered.

So what does it take to get access to the delivery area? If it's only requires being a reservationist, why aren't more folks doing it every day, rather than all this guessing on what VIN's they have built?

So what does it take to get access to the delivery area? If it's only requires being a reservationist, why aren't more folks doing it every day, rather than all this guessing on what VIN's they have built?
First off, they aren't delivering Model 3's every day. And the delivery process takes maybe an hour, so your timing would have to be good. Plus there is a lobby you have to go through, staffed by Tesla personnel - unless you find another door that happens to be wide open.

I got lucky.

Reactions: GoTslaGo

Or there could simply be "holes" in 3xx VINs range and they are using them as they go.

Certainly "310" was not seen before, the production date (8 or 9/2017 and not 7/2017) on the Monroney sticker would be telling.

Check digit is for parity (or whatever) validation. It can't be changed on a whim. It's calculated using math formula from all the other.

RCs (the ones with red buttons inside required by law as those where test vehicles) had "bad" VINs (no proper VINs required in test vehicles) with:
5YJ3A...
> Digit 5, Body Type: A = 5 Door Hatchback LHD
E.x. RC's #42 VIN: https://i.imgur.com/xsyfReE.jpg ( from Model 3 found in San Luis Obispo carrying a big red self destruct button )
bad number of doors, inductive motor, produced in 2009...

Production models have VINs: 5YJ3E1EA?HFxxxxxx where 5th digit is an E:
> (5YJ3)E-Body Type (E=4 door sedan)

this include those from 3xx range, as they are proper production models and have to comply with an official VIN table (
Model 3 VIN Decoder )

Tesla brings a Model 3 to New York to sell its new bonds
(from comments)

A previous Electrek article from 7/18 showed an image of VIN 316. The person driving the vehicle stated it was a start of production car. This one seems to be before that...

"It’s not clear if it means that it’s actually one of 316 Model 3 units produced so far, but the engineer driving the vehicle told Wattlol that it was a ‘Start of Production’ (SOP) car, which would explain why it has a VIN."

Last edited:
Or there could simply be "holes" in 3xx VINs range and they are using them as they go.

Certainly "310" was not seen before, the production date (8 or 9/2017 and not 7/2017) on the Monroney sticker would be telling.
I thought I was being pretty bold walking into an area where I didn't belong, and then walking right past the DS to stare at the VIN number. No time to look for the Monroney.

Status
Not open for further replies.