Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had seven flats in the last ten years. Once, I tried to call roadside assistance because it was supposed to be free, but they said they were going to take an hour and a half to get to me so I just changed the tire myself. Useless, and I was in Chicago too, you'd think in a large city they'd be quicker (it was a weekend non-rush hour before you ask).

7 flats that is crazy. I've had 3 flats in the last 45+ years and none in the last 20 years and average 20k miles/yr!
And that's even more than my rode touring bike:)

White Model 3 with Aero Wheels! • r/teslamotors

(Might be a RC)

pRa78Fq.jpg

9ioGHLT.jpg

ggv8Qy4.jpg

hUfxyxJ.jpg

CpRPjCE.jpg

ywRAYsL.jpg

SNIM6gf.jpg

My initial reaction to the Model 3 steering wheel via pictures is still a bit tepid. I can't help but think a bit more chrome or richer looking materials would have gone a long way, particularly around the wheel buttons and lower base. The center "cap" of the steering wheel also has faint marks in the plastic where (I am theorizing) it is intentionally weakened for a rip point for air bag deployment. You can see them in multiple photos, they can be seen in the photo below running parallel down the side of the logo and then an inch or so below. Speculation aside, in a 35k car & up these should not be there. The 3 has such an attractive, clean, sharp interior, that at times the soft & rounded look of the Model 3 steering wheel seems somewhat out of place. Or maybe it provides balance- I can't decide.

3 Vs S Steering Wheel.png

Last edited:
Reactions: AustinPowers
My initial reaction to the Model 3 steering wheel via pictures is still a bit tepid. I can't help but think a bit more chrome or richer looking materials would have gone a long way, particularly around the wheel buttons and lower base. The center "cap" of the steering wheel also has faint marks in the plastic where (I am theorizing) it is intentionally weakened for a rip point for air bag deployment. You can see them in multiple photos, they can be seen in the photo below running parallel down the side of the logo and then an inch or so below. Speculation aside, in a 35k car & up these should not be there. The 3 has such an attractive, clean, sharp interior, that at times the soft & rounded look of the Model 3 steering wheel seems somewhat out of place. Or maybe it provides balance- I can't decide.

View attachment 240192

Hadn't felt this way until now, but it definitely looks unfinished. Some accent pieces to break up the all black would definitely help.

Are we sure that's not one of the pre-production car's steering wheels?

Exclusive: Tesla Model 3 First Drive Review - Motor Trend

Check out images 9 through 11. Steering wheel looks like it has a few silver outline accents and the center part looks less beat up.

Last edited:

I agree. It isn't even an issue of build cost, it is an issue of design. I feel like someone just mailed that one in.

View attachment 240192
If you want to compare it to the Model S wheel why don't you use the real Model 3 wheel and not a prototype version?
The current Model 3 steering wheel looks like this:
Tesla-Model-3-interior.jpg

Has anyone seen a picture of a model 3 with a front license plate bracket and plate on it? I wonder what the cars front will look like in the states that require a front plate. I think im going to risk the ticket in Iowa and just avoid the front plate

So much for the supposed NDA.
This post show an about screen which appears to have a "developer" version of software. Built on 7/27, s#6. Are all the current production cars still running non-production software?

Given that these cars belong to employees it's not surprising that one would be using a development version of the software. I'm always beta testing the next version of my company's software on stuff I use. That doesn't mean all the cars have development software.

Has anyone seen a picture of a model 3 with a front license plate bracket and plate on it? I wonder what the cars front will look like in the states that require a front plate. I think im going to risk the ticket in Iowa and just avoid the front plate
There was a release candidate that had one in video somewhere. It was a black car. Bracket looked similar to what the S has. It is mounted lower, right above the lower opening. Not aware of any other pictures/videos that showed 3 with the bracket.

View attachment 240192
I'm not going to miss having the speedometer in front of me. However, as someone who has driven the Model S, I would have liked an additional screen behind the steering wheel for autopilot.

Aren't spare tires pretty cheap?

A spare plus jack weighs about 30-40 lbs. takes up cargo room and affects fuel economy.... which is why most high end manufacturers have switched to run-flats or inflator kits.

The one big advantage of run-flats is there is no need for the driver to stop the car and get out to address the flat tire problem. There are many circumstances where it is quite dangerous to get out of the car to attend to a flat tire. Much better to limp home at 40-50mph with a compromised run-flat and then spend the $200 to replace it. In my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.