Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent, I first encountered that sort of sprayer on a rental Toyota and thought it was great. Have hated the bonnet mounted sprayers ever since.

I also hate how in most cars, the water spray is too late to hit the windshield. So your wipers actually make one dry up pass onto a dirty windshield before the water hits the windshield. So this is a great feature. I'm thinking there's also a sprayer on the other side of this mount, so it gets the top and the bottom.

Cintoman

Reactions: JRoque
The kids have Recaros in the back. Sweet !!

I have a Recaro car seat. I was also really anal for a while about baby stuff for my kids. Recaro actually doesn't make very good car seats from a parent standpoint. I'm sure they're as safe as the best brands, but they don't fit in as many cars as well, are harder to get the kids in and out of, and just have minor issues or lack some features that the better seats have. They're not bad, it's just that I wouldn't immediately jump to buy one without researching the competition first.

I got all excited with my first kid and bought him a Recaro before he even grew out of his infant seat. Rarely used it. Bought a Britax shortly after cuz when you're getting sleep deprived from a small child, convenience trumps the "cool" factor. I think it's still sitting in our storage garage. Might be expired and I should throw it out. I'll check one of these days.

Reactions: Cintoman
I have a Recaro car seat. I was also really anal for a while about baby stuff for my kids. Recaro actually doesn't make very good car seats from a parent standpoint. I'm sure they're as safe as the best brands, but they don't fit in as many cars as well, are harder to get the kids in and out of, and just have minor issues or lack some features that the better seats have. They're not bad, it's just that I wouldn't immediately jump to buy one without researching the competition first.

I got all excited with my first kid and bought him a Recaro before he even grew out of his infant seat. Rarely used it. Bought a Britax shortly after cuz when you're getting sleep deprived from a small child, convenience trumps the "cool" factor. I think it's still sitting in our storage garage. Might be expired and I should throw it out. I'll check one of these days.
You mean sensibility trumps..... well.......

We used a set of three Recaros all in the second row of our minivan and they worked fine, albeit they were bulky. But we had to replace them recently and found Dionos (Rainier model) were rated just as safe and were thinner. Based on the dimensions I've seen with the Model 3, it looks like we will be able to get all three Dionos in the backseats with like an inch to spare. And they convert to booster seats, so they have a longer shelf life.

I thought I read somewhere that the Model 3 only had two LATCH points... (Though I could swear it looked like there were three in the pictures...)
I believe there are 2 seats with the lower anchors (only good till kid is like 40lbs anyway, but all 3 rear seats have the top anchor. so as with a heavy kid (in any seat), you'd use the seatbelt and top anchor for the carseat in the middle.

There is only enough LATCH anchors for two seats in the Model 3. And that's fine. You use a seatbelt (in locked mode) to secure the middle seat. It works just as well, if not better, than a LATCH anchor for post-toddler weight kids.

Edit: Yeah, what the previous poster said. :)

... found Dionos (Rainier model) were rated just as safe and were thinner. Based on the dimensions I've seen with the Model 3, it looks like we will be able to get all three Dionos in the backseats with like an inch to spare. And they convert to booster seats, so they have a longer shelf life.

+1.

We had a (now-retired model) Diono seat for our daughter and she was in it for the full 8 years until it expired. :D

VL0opxS.jpg
The headlights look like eyes that are crying.

• Funny
Reactions: e-FTW
Status
Not open for further replies.