Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't the "F" in the VIN # for Founders?
IMG_1052.JPG

Most cars have spray nozzles sticking out of the top of the hood. These are built into the wipers.

That might be true for "most cars" I don't know if it's true for Model 3 competition, all of which have the spray nozels under the hood (at least true for Mercedes C class, Audi A4, BMW F30).

I guess I'd need to understand how much of an advantage it is to have them built into the wipers, seems like it could be more trouble than it's worth when you need to clear them or adjust them.

If anything I'm more disappointed to discover that the car won't have rain sensing wipers, which all of the competition do have.

That might be true for "most cars" I don't know if it's true for Model 3 competition, all of which have the spray nozels under the hood (at least true for Mercedes C class, Audi A4, BMW F30).

I guess I'd need to understand how much of an advantage it is to have them built into the wipers, seems like it could be more trouble than it's worth when you need to clear them or adjust them.

If anything I'm more disappointed to discover that the car won't have rain sensing wipers, which all of the competition do have.

What makes you think they don't have rain sensing wipers?

Model 3 has dedicated rain sensor, a bad sign

Tesla should have rain sensing wipers in March, June, well they are working on it. E.S.T.

Jon-Vegar S. Sundal‏ @SundalJ Feb 8
@elonmusk Are summon, autopark, high beam dim, wiper sensors and auto steer outside highway for AP 2.0 coming soon?

Elon Musk‏@elonmusk
Replying to @SundalJ
Should all be uploaded by next month

Jonathan Harrop‏ @harropj May 21
Replying to @elonmusk
Perpendicular parking and rain sensors for HW2?! Please?!

Elon Musk‏ @elonmusk May 21
Hopefully June for those too

Derrick Schwartz‏ @Dem0ney Aug 19
@elonmusk Having left my sunroof open at an airport. would it be possible to have the rain sensor close the sunroof if it detects rain?

Elon Musk‏@elonmusk
Replying to @Dem0ney
Yeah. That's been on the future feature list for a while. Need to make sure rain sensor doesn't false positive or drain battery.

• Informative
Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
Guys, guys! I finally get to play! woot
Highway 280 south in the Bay Area:

What is this?
(Have not seen many pics with the lights on. And I think I'm funny, bear with me)
9F91BF0F-9D55-49E6-97C9-92AC5DEE10BC.jpeg

Oh yes! A 3, a white one!
6B077A29-79BE-43E1-9CCF-C91476C39F5D.jpeg

With the aero wheels! And they work on white! Poor Prius back there...
(Sorry for the focus, I was mostly-blindly snapping pics while on Autopilot)
C733A985-5240-4EFD-B0C0-BB3745EC47A5.jpeg

Sexy...
A910FA47-B86C-4AF8-B501-AA40A5ED77F4.jpeg

Yes, it does look better in person.
F343560B-4410-4745-BB97-75B0701685CD.jpeg

In context. Those other cars look a little, umm, old.
3FBE953F-9EA5-4517-AE39-4948EDE0D550.jpeg

I certainly hope so!
CD7B209A-29C9-40FC-B01C-5278F27BFB18.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.