Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm very experienced now in finding model 3s in the wild. first thing you have to do is come to fremont. most people living the city have never ventured out that far south (its nowhere near gilroy.) a lot of people misspell fremont (it's not freemont).

anyway assuming you find fremont, best place to find model 3s is at the employee parking lot at factory (where all the destination chargers are) or at the new delivery center (47623 Fremont blvd). don't touch them - they are not yours.

I've already been to Fremont and even got a chance to get a tour of the factory shortly before the Model S D was introduced. I pass by the Tesla center in San Francisco today and had a look inside the garage but wasn't able to spot any model 3. Hence, I need to plan for a trip down south.

and just to add another wrench into this whole thing - a new sticker for #313 with no PUP, and no heated seats listed in standard features. pulled this from the investors thread

IMG_4606.JPG

Your right they were. This one however is a production version. That's the window sticker listing options, price, mileage etc. The RC's had an X check digit at the 9'th character. This one does not.
It was the car that was shown to the investors. It certainly wasn't produced recently ;) Maybe we could call it pre-production model? If the RC label is too hard to swallow?
Tesla brings a Model 3 to New York to sell its new bonds

EDIT.
Or simply a SOP car
A previous Electrek article from 7/18 showed an image of VIN 316. The person driving the vehicle stated it was a start of production car. This one seems to be before that...

"It’s not clear if it means that it’s actually one of 316 Model 3 units produced so far, but the engineer driving the vehicle told Wattlol that it was a ‘Start of Production’ (SOP) car, which would explain why it has a VIN."

Is that a reflection, or are we seeing the first metal roof on the blue car?
No. Glass.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Model 3
Your right they were. This one however is a production version. That's the window sticker listing options, price, mileage etc. The RC's had an X check digit at the 9'th character. This one does not.
The X in the check digit is determined by the other information on the VIN, not by whether it's RC or not.

Also it is confirmed this car is the RC that was brought to New York when Tesla was trying to sell bonds last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.