Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will certainly be a huge choice of aftermarket stick-ons to replace the wood.

Well, if you are referring to wraps, I agree there will be pretty much infinite options. Not so sure I would want to just put a sticker on my dash veneer.

There will be enough people not a fan of both the wood veneer and the super glossy center console that I expect aftermarket drop in replacements will be available in a year or two.

Well, if you are referring to wraps, I agree there will be pretty much infinite options. Not so sure I would want to just put a sticker on my dash veneer.

There will be enough people not a fan of both the wood veneer and the super glossy center console that I expect aftermarket drop in replacements will be available in a year or two.

I have an old mattress topper - yellow'd foam that I may cut out to fit.

• Funny
Reactions: skitown
The silver is growing on me. This one has the black interior and premium wheels. Check out the color of the MS next to it in the rear shot. That green is looking better! Taken at the Dublin, CA. Service Center while Supercharging. (no waiting line that day!)

IMG_1577.jpg
IMG_1580.jpg
IMG_1581.jpg

It's still crazy to me to see a car without a grill. Still taking a little getting used to. We call that progress!

It's easier to "get used to" when you realize that most grilles are not where ICEs get most of their air; they're mostly for decoration. Most air these days comes in from under the air dam.

I swear, if for some reason or another it had become standard to include a giant rubber duck on all car roofs half a century ago, we'd still be struggling to get people used to cars not having rubber ducks on them. And each manufacturer with their own style of rubber duck, each trying to make the duck interfere as little as possible with the airflow while still retaining their brand cachet. ;)

Thanks for sharing your pictures and impressions! I can't wait to see my first Model 3 in person. :)

Quick clarification so it doesn't get confused. The Model 3 is 82.2" wide (76.1" with mirrors folded) per Tesla's press kit and the Model 3 page. The numbers you provided were incorrectly provided by Tesla early on.

Press Kit | Tesla

Thanks for the clarification! I had missed that error.

It's super possible in almost all cars.....
2010_toyota_camry_steeringwheel.jpg

How so? Your picture pefectly illustrates my point! Every aspect of the display is perfectly visible.
I just don't get it, honestly. What are you talking about??? o_O

Happens more than you think.

Apparently. But how on earth?
See the picture above. Which part of the display is obscured to you?
Of course, if you meant that while turning the wheel parts of the display become obscured: of course they do, but if you have to turn your wheel so hard that the display becomes obscured, you are turning off from the main road. In that situation, do you really need to look at the display, or shouldn't your eyes at that moment not rather be on the road to watch out for pedestrians, oncoming traffic or other potential dangers?
And please, that's meant as an honest question, not as an attack on anybodys driving habits.

Normally in a car the steering wheel has to be set at just the right height to see the complete instrument cluster through it. I can't be bothered repositioning the steering wheel in my wife's car each time I drive it, so I always have to duck my head slightly to see the speed.

(Emphasis mine)
Now there's the German perfectionist in me that would call not adjusting your seat, steering wheel etc. to your needs irresponsible behaviour. Even if you don't have driver profiles in your car, adjusting seat and steering wheel seems less a hassle than dealing with the consequences of an accident.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: dhanson865 and mmd
How so? Your picture pefectly illustrates my point! Every aspect of the display is perfectly visible.

Now imagine you're taller and looking down. Also some people, such as myself, like to have the wheel tilted down low so it's near my lap. This can cause the top of the wheel to be in the way of the dash panel.

I just don't get it, honestly. What are you talking about???
Right, it fits perfectly. Now move the steering wheel up or down, or move it forward or backward. What if the driver is taller or shorter, or sits closer to or farther from the dash? Any of those will affect the field of view and possible obscure part of the dash. What about arm and hand placement? Not everyone drives at 3 and 9 or 10 and 2, or whatever it is supposed to be now. I often drive with a single hand placed at the top of the wheel. If you have just the right car for yourself and everything lines up perfectly for you that's great, I'd be willing to be you're in the minority.

Status
Not open for further replies.