Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Video of my white model 3 on the hwy coming home from delivery on Sunday. Gotta give the cameraman some credit, but man does this car look good in this video!
Flip that phone when taking a video so you can see the whole car in frame.
Vertical Video.jpg

Yes. Learn to take better videos ... not that difficult.
lol...his video is just fine.

Don't worry...you will see PLENTY of model 3's on the road soon.....and you won't need pictures or videos.

It will be like needing to capture a video or a picture of a Toyota Camry...…"for what"?

Do you want a picture or a video of my White/White P3D+?

Where is the front and where is the back of the 3? Shot in landscape you would see the WHOLE car in the frame and NOT wasted space black bars.

View attachment 325927
You seem very sincere here, so I’ll just say I appreciate the lesson in videography, but I was driving the Tesla in the video...so not about to micromanage a friend taking a video while also driving down the hwy. Thought people could just enjoy the video as is.

You guys know that some platforms these days ONLY support portrait mode. Youtube videos uploaded in Portrait can be viewed that way on some and growing numbers of devices. Just like there are reasons to take pictures in portrait or landscape, there are reasons to do that for video these days too. Just watch on an iPad to see the aspect as it was taken, rotate the pad.

-Randy

You guys know that some platforms these days ONLY support portrait mode. Youtube videos uploaded in Portrait can be viewed that way on some and growing numbers of devices. Just like there are reasons to take pictures in portrait or landscape, there are reasons to do that for video these days too. Just watch on an iPad to see the aspect as it was taken, rotate the pad.

-Randy
Exactly. Mobile first isn’t exactly a new concept. Tons of video is native portrait.

-Randy

It's just an absurd fad that's designed to appease the Millennial and Gen Z brain where they don't understand anything other than a tiny screen in front of their eyeballs. Which is why the only platform with any traction that is FORCING portrait is Instagram.

Human brain is wired for stereoscopic vision... which is why we perceive better in landscape formats than in portrait formats.

Which is why despite everyone going on and on about how great it is to not have to rotate their phone, you still watch movies, laptop screens, computer monitors and episodes of Rick & Morty in a landscape format.

Be like a highly intelligent monkey, not a dumb ass rabbit.

s182_9_003i.small.jpg

You say movie, but we are talking about a clip taken on a phone. No one is making popcorn, turning down the lights and stretching out on the couch to watch a 5 second clip of a car driving by. If YouTube can adopt, so can you.

-Randy

Whatever.

Fun fact, my wife doesn't get the whole portrait vs. landscape thing either, even though I've shown her repeatedly why it matters.

A few nights ago she was flipping through photos and videos of our son and putting them on the Apple TV. All of her videos were horrible since they had massive black bars on the sides and wasted 60% of the screen real estate.

All of my videos looked good and used the screen.

She asked why her videos looked like that and my response was 'well, since it was too hard for you to rotate your 4" phone when making this video let me go rotate this 65" TV while we watch it'.

Portrait is DUMB for recording video.

Agreed. Although it sometimes does matter on the shot and how the intended audience is going to view it. So for example if I want to send a quick clip of some fireworks I'm watching in the distance to my son that I know will watch on his phone and then delete, that's probably okay.

Agreed. Sometimes convenience trumps form factor.

However, I'd say these days about 90% of "home movies of the kids" and other things people actually give a crap about are being shot in portrait and it's a travesty of epic proportions.

Reactions: Roentgen
Status
Not open for further replies.