Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Regrets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1000 hp t6 turbo v8 is a completely different experience compared to the plaid. More exhilarating, and much more nerve wracking. Oil fire or some other major issue always on the back of the mind.
Race car roulette - it's when you strap in and hit the switch or button to fire it up and don't know if it will start properly or end up costing you $2000 in repairs 🤣

Save yourself $60K and buy a Model Y Performance. A teeny bit slower but more room inside and fewer issues.
hahahah this is a good one....teeny bit slower? Tell me you've never driven a Plaid without telling you've never driven a Plaid winner right here.

Model Y Performance is a nice car....but it's only fast from the lights and falls open its face after that even compared to things like M3s let alone Plaids.

hahahah this is a good one....teeny bit slower? Tell me you've never driven a Plaid without telling you've never driven a Plaid winner right here.

Model Y Performance is a nice car....but it's only fast from the lights and falls open its face after that even compared to things like M3s let alone Plaids.
I’ve driven a Plaid. And yes, it’s fast. But not as fast as my $60K saved and invested. ;)

• Informative
Reactions: Laddcruzer

In a lot of ways, I've always looked at cars as to how they map up against motorcycles. I've been riding for 50+ years. When I was younger, I couldn't afford as fast of a car as I could a motorcycle at the time. I was always looking for "cheap" speed. Currently, Teslas currently map nicely into different classes of sportbikes when you look at them in the 0-60 sprint and sometimes 1/4 mile.

MY LR - if you are looking for quickness, you bought the wrong car.
M3 LR w/boost - about like a Triumph Trophy 1200 or Indian Scout
MYP - one of the slower 600cc class sportbikes. Above 60 the M3 LR w/boost will pull it and it pulls like a class of bike lower than it does initially.
M3P - one of the faster 600cc class sportbikes. Above 60 the M3 LR w/boost with boost is super close and it pulls like a class of bike lower than it does initially.
MS LR - similar to a 600cc sportbike to a 600cc sportbike but transforms into a 750cc sport bike at about 40 mph.
MXP - 1000cc sportbikes, Busa, ZX-12R, Vmax
MSP - No stock bike beats it to 60 or in the 1/4

All this takes into account someone who can launch the quicker bikes well, which is no easy task, and even harder to do it consistently on the street. Also at sea level and not on a hot day. Another huge benefit of EVs is they don't lose power due to higher altitudes. I used to ride in the mountains my liter bike turned into a s 750 at the top of the mountain.

One of the coolest things about the Teslas is you can easily bring along 4-6 friends to enjoy the ride even if they slow you down a bit. I remember having 5 passengers in my MY LR w/boost and just destroying a modified Mustang 0-60 repeatedly on the street. Must have had several runs up to the speed limit on the road and every time it was the W for the boosted MY. The guy was shocked at our final light and I rolled down the windows and he saw there were 6 people in the car. The MY isn't even a quick Tesla but on the street, I'd run consistent high 4's like clockwork.

The Plaid is just on another level.

In a lot of ways, I've always looked at cars as to how they map up against motorcycles. I've been riding for 50+ years. When I was younger, I couldn't afford as fast of a car as I could a motorcycle at the time. I was always looking for "cheap" speed. Currently, Teslas currently map nicely into different classes of sportbikes when you look at them in the 0-60 sprint and sometimes 1/4 mile.

MY LR - if you are looking for quickness, you bought the wrong car.
M3 LR w/boost - about like a Triumph Trophy 1200 or Indian Scout
MYP - one of the slower 600cc class sportbikes. Above 60 the M3 LR w/boost will pull it and it pulls like a class of bike lower than it does initially.
M3P - one of the faster 600cc class sportbikes. Above 60 the M3 LR w/boost with boost is super close and it pulls like a class of bike lower than it does initially.
MS LR - similar to a 600cc sportbike to a 600cc sportbike but transforms into a 750cc sport bike at about 40 mph.
MXP - 1000cc sportbikes, Busa, ZX-12R, Vmax
MSP - No stock bike beats it to 60 or in the 1/4

All this takes into account someone who can launch the quicker bikes well, which is no easy task, and even harder to do it consistently on the street. Also at sea level and not on a hot day. Another huge benefit of EVs is they don't lose power due to higher altitudes. I used to ride in the mountains my liter bike turned into a s 750 at the top of the mountain.

One of the coolest things about the Teslas is you can easily bring along 4-6 friends to enjoy the ride even if they slow you down a bit. I remember having 5 passengers in my MY LR w/boost and just destroying a modified Mustang 0-60 repeatedly on the street. Must have had several runs up to the speed limit on the road and every time it was the W for the boosted MY. The guy was shocked at our final light and I rolled down the windows and he saw there were 6 people in the car. The MY isn't even a quick Tesla but on the street, I'd run consistent high 4's like clockwork.

The Plaid is just on another level.
This! Well said and described.

I have had the car 10 days. Love it. Still frustrated by FSD debacle. But will not be without one. Waiting on my wheels. HRE 20’s, custom finish, lug nuts and caps in route. Tires already here. Will post pics when done. HRE engineered size and specs for Plaid. Have had 3 sets of HRE and only wheel I will buy. Need a different look in a sea of North Dallas Tesla’s. Cheers!

Reactions: phantasms