Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Regrets?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have rode in a 2017 X, and currently use a 2022 3 LR. So I have never experienced a 3 second 0-60 and definitely not plaid. Anytime I get the chance I stomp it, but it’s not that exciting because it’s over 4 second 0-60. Do any plaid owners get bored with the acceleration and regret spending the extra money on a plaid V an S Lr. I plan to get a plaid in the future and keeping this in consideration because obviously a plaid is a lot more expensive than the LR

For the money I could have gotten a better car, but not a faster one. I actually find myself less inclined to go fast in this car, so when I do I still get the tinglies. Prior to this car, my daily was a modified C7 Audi S6. That car produced around 600hp or so and had a non-resonated exhaust with free-flow cats. Hammering that car still brought smiles to my face up to the day I sold it, and it was almost 11 years old when I moved on to the Plaid. The real question is how long does that performance capability distract you from the crap build quality, lack of intuitive controls for certain key functions required to operate the car, and the assclownery that is Tesla service.

I think you get used to any level of acceleration eventually. Whether you still enjoy the car after becoming accustomed to its acceleration is something only you can answer
Never got bored with Ludicrous in 3 years, upgraded to the Plaid a month ago and can't see this EVER getting boring haha!
I second that. I've had a Plaid since Jan of 2022 and it still scares me at times. I don't think it'll ever get old. It's faster than my Kawasaki ZX-10 sportbike.

Reactions: buckets0fun
You will get used to any level of acceleration. How often are you going to be stomping the accelerator?

Enough justify the extra cost?

I do it enough to need to keep multiple extra sets of tires and wheels 24/7. It's called the "fun tax".

PXL_20230502_213549815.jpg

Just took delivery Yesterday. Love the acceleration. Have not tried Plaid speed yet....soon. Car has like 90 miles on it now. Sold my 2022 Kia EV6. I miss that car for its features - literally has more features than my car costing twice as much. BUT...even with dated design look, I still find it very attractive. Very much like the 911 for decades as an air cooled car. The 2023 interior is great. I went Yoke and don't regret it. I think it is a huge mistake to drop Sonar devices and additional sensors, because now, I don't have summons, parking aids, and a frick'ing 360 aerial view to replace those aids. All things luxury cars and even Kias have. I am ordering $10K in HRE Wheels for it, so it will look even better and more unique. All things car guys do. I do like the car. It is my car and will drive it for awhile. The Kia was a year old and 12K miles. Range work great and it was decent commuter. But the the Tesla feels more substantial and I like the air suspension and ride for sure. Cheers!

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
For the money I could have gotten a better car, but not a faster one. I actually find myself less inclined to go fast in this car, so when I do I still get the tinglies. Prior to this car, my daily was a modified C7 Audi S6. That car produced around 600hp or so and had a non-resonated exhaust with free-flow cats. Hammering that car still brought smiles to my face up to the day I sold it, and it was almost 11 years old when I moved on to the Plaid. The real question is how long does that performance capability distract you from the crap build quality, lack of intuitive controls for certain key functions required to operate the car, and the assclownery that is Tesla service.
Make sure and break the motor in. No hard driving for the first 600 miles. :) Don't need to worry about that with a Tesla, but the brakes could be another issue.
Wait is this true? You should drive 600 miles before going hard on it?

The 90 miles thing was more about getting use to the car and its quirks and features. It can go top speed at 1 mile......brakes may get scorched, but that is another issue. I have the 19's now, knowing I would change wheels and probably will stay with 19's....maybe 20's. Steel brakes are fine and they could do 200mph with good steel brakes all day long. Carbon is great for track. Terrible for street. I also wish the car had more regen braking. The Kia in 1 pedal mode was about perfect.

Reactions: Sam1
Cost my friend, cost….. Carbon brakes on real race cars are superior. But on a track, they must be replaced regularly. They need heat to work well. Squeal like a dying pig. For road use they are low dust and never need replacing for normal driving. My C6 ZR1 were the same at new and 30k miles - no track use.

That is my knowledge and experience being around them on the street and track. That is what I mean bad for street - noise and heat. Cold carbon brakes cause accidents.

I can promise you, someone has a different opinion.