Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid+ reservation holders: what is Tesla telling you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got a call from Fremont, they offered me a Plaid for $10k more with a $2k discount on FSD, which I politely declined with a message about how if I’d given Tesla $100 last week it would’ve locked in $120k, but if I gave them $1000 for 9 months, I pay $130k? Not cool.

After a bit of a discussion he’d said that he was collecting feedback to deliver to senior management, I told him I’d buy immediately at the previous price, but would wait it out and see what the market offers over the next year or two if they’re gonna try to stick me for $10k. He said he had a list of feedback, so hopefully it makes an impact.
Thank you so much for letting them know, I am yet to receive a call back and I am going to tell them the same, yeah I feel the same have the plaid + reservation and will happily get the plaid only if they do 12k discount which is 8k for autopilot and base price of plaid s like you said should be 120k not 130k for reservation holders of plaid +

Thank you so much for letting them know, I am yet to receive a call back and I am going to tell them the same, yeah I feel the same have the plaid + reservation and will happily get the plaid only if they do 12k discount which is 8k for autopilot and base price of plaid s like you said should be 120k not 130k for reservation holders of plaid +

Totally agree, that's what feels most fair– honor the original $119k price and $8k FSD, and throw in a free bottle of Tesla tequila for our troubles.

I spoke with a lot of other angry Plaid+ reservation holders at the event we're not alone, several of them said that's how Tesla could make it right for them.

I got very lucky and booked a Plaid at the -$10k (of current) price the day they announced the + was cancelled. That said, I'd be angry if I were in the same boat as other folks here who had a reservation and didn't move over before the change. I hope Tesla considers the fact that you put up$1k last year and are willing to settle for a car with less-amazing specs for not much less money, and corrects this for everyone who has/had a + reservation.

I got very lucky and booked a Plaid at the -$10k (of current) price the day they announced the + was cancelled. That said, I'd be angry if I were in the same boat as other folks here who had a reservation and didn't move over before the change. I hope Tesla considers the fact that you put up$1k last year and are willing to settle for a car with less-amazing specs for not much less money, and corrects this for everyone who has/had a + reservation.
I would've moved mine over myself too, but I wanted to preserve the $8k FSD pricing I had locked in, so I was waiting to hear back from the person who had called me a week prior to tempt me to switch to the Plaid from +...

• Love
Reactions: rhuber
I ordered the plaid+ the second Elon said “available”. Nothing has changed on my acct re the plaid+.
Same, I ordered Plaid+ the moment it was possible.. My Plaid+ reservation is still there because Tesla also can't apply the $1k to the Plaid reservation, and I figured I didn't want to risk canceling and them messing up the "priority delivery" they claim I'll get since I had a + reservation.

Same, I ordered Plaid+ the moment it was possible.. My Plaid+ reservation is still there because Tesla also can't apply the $1k to the Plaid reservation, and I figured I didn't want to risk canceling and them messing up the "priority delivery" they claim I'll get since I had a + reservation.
So Tesla Sales telling you Will still get plaid+ even though it has been cancelled ? I doubt it but at-least I can dream the plaid+ was only limited quantity product for people who reserve will get it but otherwise cant order a new one. Highly unlikely though.

So Tesla Sales telling you Will still get plaid+ even though it has been cancelled ? I doubt it but at-least I can dream the plaid+ was only limited quantity product for people who reserve will get it but otherwise cant order a new one. Highly unlikely though.
Nono - they are saying that my Plaid+ reservation is what gave me priority in the Plaid(-) queue. The + order has RN11395xxxxx but the - order has RN115111xxxx. They said their backend somehow puts my - reservation in where the + RN was in the queuue.

So all I'm keeping the + reservation for is a placeholder in the - line, in case they mess things up if the + _order_ is cancelled.

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
Nono - they are saying that my Plaid+ reservation is what gave me priority in the Plaid(-) queue. The + order has RN11395xxxxx but the - order has RN115111xxxx. They said their backend somehow puts my - reservation in where the + RN was in the queuue.

So all I'm keeping the + reservation for is a placeholder in the - line, in case they mess things up if the + _order_ is cancelled.
Ah, Ok. I feel like though tesla isn't doing any favor by keeping our spot since we did pay $1k for that reservation spot already that too over 9 months now.

Another thing like I said we are not getting many things vs the plaid +

1.) Red Brake Calipers - (Which I feel like plaid+ reservation holders should get.) I am guessing they are not there since they are no where on the picture anymore on the tesla order page.

2) Battery to structure design.

3) 4680 Cells

4) Range Which was 520+ Miles. (which should have been more than 130 that means)

5) More performance, I think 80hp More for plaid+ which was.

6) Better FSD price Which we were locked in and also Plaid S was cheaper he did not give any warning and just cancelled the product and change the price to 130 for plaid S.

Yet somehow plaid s is good enough. Even though its only technically 8k less but almost 5 of those things I mentioned not there.

Ah, Ok. I feel like though tesla isn't doing any favor by keeping our spot since we did pay $1k for that reservation spot already that too over 9 months now.

Another thing like I said we are not getting many things vs the plaid +

1.) Red Brake Calipers - (Which I feel like plaid+ reservation holders should get.) I am guessing they are not there since they are no where on the picture anymore on the tesla order page.

2) Battery to structure design.

3) 4680 Cells

4) Range Which was 520+ Miles. (which should have been more than 130 that means)

5) More performance, I think 80hp More for plaid+ which was.

6) Better FSD price Which we were locked in and also Plaid S was cheaper he did not give any warning and just cancelled the product and change the price to 130 for plaid S.

Yet somehow plaid s is good enough. Even though its only technically 8k less but almost 5 of those things I mentioned not there.
I wanted the range and 4680 improvements, but I also don't want to wait another indefinite amount of time to move to a new S, so I figured this is as good as it gets for at least a year.

My motivation is to have a sedan that is good at long trips. My X is a 2019 Raven, and I like most things about it, but compared to my M3P, the charging curve is kinda brutal on road trips. (and of course my X is the car with free supercharging). The S probably makes up for the disappointingly similar-to-prev-gen range with a much better charge curve thanks to a pack redesign. This probably gets close enough to what I want, so I went for it.

I really really wish anyone would post a full supercharging session in a new plaid. I know there are only 25 in the wild, but there are just snippets of information about real world charging on the new batt architecture, which is the thing I am most interested in.

My Plaid+ order has not been cancelled either, but a sales rep called me over the weekend regarding it.
She was the first Tesla representative to officially notify me that my car had been cancelled.
Conversation (paraphrased):
"Hi! You probably heard that Elon cancelled the Plaid+. Would you like to change your reservation to the Plaid model? It's really an amazing car too."
"Um... will you honor the $120K price for those like me who put down deposits months ago?"
"No, I'm sorry we can't do that. You put a deposit down on a different model..."
"WHICH WAS YOUR FLAGSHIP MODEL AND THAT YOU CANCELLED WITHOUT NOTIFYING ME!!!"
"Oh. So. You don't want the Plaid?"
"I'll make it easy for you. I'll buy it if I get the original price. If I don't... I won't."
"Got it. Well, I can't do anything like that. But I'll annotate that in your file. Have a great day!"

In general it's BS that they're only contacting us after the price hike, like they didn't know it was coming.
Of course they knew.
They just figured that those of us with Plaid+ reservations would roll over and fork over another $10K.
Not this sucker.
No sir.

My Plaid+ order has not been cancelled either, but a sales rep called me over the weekend regarding it.
She was the first Tesla representative to officially notify me that my car had been cancelled.
"Hi! You probably heard that Elon cancelled the Plaid+. Would you like to change your reservation to the Plaid model? It's really an amazing car too."
"Um... will you honor the $120K price for those like me who put down deposits months ago?"
"No, I'm sorry we can't do that. You put a deposit down on a different model..."
"I'll make it easy for you. I'll buy it if I get the original price. If I don't... I won't."
"Got it. Well, I can't do anything like that. But I'll annotate that in your file. Have a great day!"

In general it's BS that they're only contacting us after the price hike, like they didn't know it was coming.
Of course they knew.
They just figured that those of us with Plaid+ reservations would roll over and fork over another $10K.
Not this sucker.
No sir.
I might have pointed out, "When I ordered it, it was called the Model S Plaid."

Of course they knew.
Not this sucker.
No sir.
The guy I talked to said no one knew the price was increasing, and that on a personal note he agreed it was a bad play if they actually wanted to sell cars, as well. I don't see how anyone could see it otherwise, which is why I think this is a classic case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

Yeah, I feel like we should tweet Elon for this unfair treatment to their loyal customers/reservation holders.

Also let's not forget the so called Plaid+ was called Plaid S at the time of Reservation with much better range / performance and all other good stuff.

Now its the same name aka model, but not all those features.. :) How is this not Bait and switch.

Reactions: croman