Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid S in the wild photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mlong5905

A man who does not exist
Nov 24, 2020
Chicago
Taken today.
Not sure who to credit for pics but found them on Twitter.
Plaid s in the wild
Wide body/wheels/black trim/rear defuser/mfg plates
9156D6C8-1BFF-42EF-B8E0-4C76FE0FB160.jpeg
CC50541A-44A8-4AD3-A8CF-BD521E11432E.jpeg
10F1AD4E-6F81-4FEC-830A-2932FC71E2D9.jpeg

That's definitely a wider body than the stock Model S we know today. The only question is if it's real photos or photoshop but that's not a typical Model S based on the proportions of the fenders.

In the first photo, look specifically at the distance from the edge of the taillight to the outside edge of the wheel well/fender. Then, in the second photo, look at the front quarter panel around the wheel arch area. The side camera surround is entirely visible from this angle whereas the stock fender would be angled much less and you wouldn't be able to see the front half of it.

I really don't think this is a stock Model S. No idea if it's a true Plaid test mule or not but it certainly looks like one if someone hasn't been busy with Photoshop.

Yeah I think this is more likely to be the 2021 refresh rather than the Plaid Model S. We've seen the Plaid S at the Nürburgring, which had holes for airflow in the front fenders and a more aggressive diffuser. You could argue that was just a prototype, but I feel like we'd see more aggressive aerodynamics/cooling changes for Plaid.

Reactions: Arctic_White
OHH Shoot. You had me just about ready to check price of stock. I'm ready but in no hurry. Once the Plaid comes out, we may see some slight changes as we are seeing in the model 3 and now the Model Y that just came out.

OHH Shoot. You had me just about ready to check price of stock. I'm ready but in no hurry. Once the Plaid comes out, we may see some slight changes as we are seeing in the model 3 and now the Model Y that just came out.

As soon as Jan 11th actually, once the S & X production lines start back up.

Seems it will be exactly that. Y & 3 updates to S & X and possible interior refresh. We'll find out soon