Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X was permanently vibrating under acceleration its whole life. If it will get this sort of vibrations as well it will be a double win LOL

I have seen a few X Plaid in Bellevue already, need to catch one of them and ask )))

I drove a co-workers P100D X back in 2017 and it vibrated pretty badly at normal height but was barely noticeable on the lowest height.

My concern is that lowering the car would make it harder to clear obstacles. After lowering, is your high setting still high enough to clear steep driveways, etc?

There must also be some consequence of lowering the suspension too. Does it have a higher risk of bottoming out the suspension? I'd guess it also throws off the alignment, but maybe you can have it aligned again with it lowered?

I thought US law said the burden is on the manufacturer to prove an aftermarket part is a the cause of an issue in order to deny a warranty claim? (I'm no lawyer and I might be quoting that incorrectly!)

Yes, - they can't deny a window regulator fix if you have links. But if there's a suspension issue, or wearing of components in that vicinity, - they likely will.

Why do you assume they don’t want to fix it and are looking for excuses?
They refused to fix mine the first time I brought it in. Said they couldn't reproduce the vibration. It vibrated on every drive I've taken it on. I've been trying to bring it back now for two months, but they keep pushing the appointment back two weeks at a time, citing "availability of parts".

They refused to fix mine the first time I brought it in. Said they couldn't reproduce the vibration. It vibrated on every drive I've taken it on. I've been trying to bring it back now for two months, but they keep pushing the appointment back two weeks at a time, citing "availability of parts".
I think that's a product of not knowing how to fix it at the moment.