Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it’s just a tiny adjustment in how the front motor is employed it really may have negligible impact on range. My experience driving @jebinc Plaid is that the lowering links don’t eliminate the issue but do minimize it to a noticeable degree. The problem I would have here in Seattle is then the car is too low at the highest level. I came within a 16th of an inch of tearing up my front bumper this past weekend getting out of a driveway. It was so close I had my wife get out of the car and tell me if I was going to bottom out and she made these terrible faces while guiding me out. She couldn’t believe I didn’t scrape. With the links on it would have been a travesty.
That’s why you have that location geofenced to a high setting! 🤣

Well, enjoy your vibration, then!
1658454672286.png

Reactions: jebinc
Just took delivery of plaid against my better judgement. On the drive home the yoke vibrated for like 1-2 seconds, it happened a few time on the highway, than on the street one time.

Is this the half shaft vibration people are talking about or is this some other issue?

I was not accelerating hard at all, very mild and it is in sport mode. My wife on her X felt it as well in her new X.

Just took delivery of plaid against my better judgement. On the drive home the yoke vibrated for like 1-2 seconds, it happened a few time on the highway, than on the street one time.

Is this the half shaft vibration people are talking about or is this some other issue?

I was not accelerating hard at all, very mild and it is in sport mode. My wife on her X felt it as well in her new X.
Welcome to the club! Per Tesla, this “for free” feature is “normal”.

Reactions: WilliamG
So this is the same thing everyone else is complaining about? I was under the assumption the vibration issue shakes the dash and it's far worse.
No, that’s the shutter issue on the last gen. Many threads and posts on this one.

Edit: Corrected auto incorrect, “shitter” to “shutter,” although, shitter works too! 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: af88 and WilliamG
geez so we are stuck with this after spending over a quarter mil on 2 new cars. lovely
Not sure you’re talking about the same thing. Gently accelerate from 35-45 and see if you feel any resonance/vibration through the accelerator pedal/yoke. Very gentle acceleration (really, really slowly - barely gaining speed).

Doesn’t matter what pedal mode you’re in.

Not sure you’re talking about the same thing. Gently accelerate from 35-45 and see if you feel any resonance/vibration through the accelerator pedal/yoke. Very gentle acceleration (really, really slowly - barely gaining speed).

Doesn’t matter what pedal mode you’re in.

I'm going to do more testing but it sounds like this is the issue. I'm still unclear how a smooth road and slowly accelerating or decelerating around 40 would cause only the yoke to vibrate for 1-2 seconds and nothing else.

Is this whare you are experiencing or do you believe this is a different issue?

I'm going to do more testing but it sounds like this is the issue. I'm still unclear how a smooth road and slowly accelerating or decelerating around 40 would cause only the yoke to vibrate for 1-2 seconds and nothing else.

Is this whare you are experiencing or do you believe this is a different issue?
It may be the same issue but the time it spends vibrating is pretty irrelevant. It’s however much time you spend gently accelerating or cruising around 35-45mph or thereabouts. In my car I can feel it from 35-80, though usually the movement of the car + road surface dulls the vibrations enough above ~50mph.