Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks William, so ill do the test as you suggested. I'm still unclear what the root cause it, on a smooth surface it can't be a half shaft issue. That is why i asked if it is related or a different vibration issue. I also only felt it in the yoke as did my wife in her x. Can you confirm this only happens in the yoke with yours?

Thanks William, so ill do the test as you suggested. I'm still unclear what the root cause it, on a smooth surface it can't be a half shaft issue. That is why i asked if it is related or a different vibration issue. I also only felt it in the yoke as did my wife in her x. Can you confirm this only happens in the yoke with yours?
No, I feel it in the pedal, too. Yoke and pedal. If it’s a really obvious vibration that someone could see, that sounds like lane assist as mentioned before.

Doesn’t matter what surface you’re on, but it’s easiest to notice on smooth roads since there’s no actual road vibration distraction.

Reactions: af88
Yep it sucks. But it’s just the way it is, sadly. Tesla has made it abundantly clear they don’t care about their premium customers.

This gets the Tesla stamp of approval!

1CB8B064-D803-419E-BF2B-F1360B6ACF7B.jpeg

Attachments

• 28016498-4525-486B-8743-59A4D79742C2.jpeg
    28016498-4525-486B-8743-59A4D79742C2.jpeg
    227.7 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: af88
For my Plaid, it IS the half-shafts causing the aforementioned vibration. It completely disappeared when they replaced both half-shafts. It did return, however, about 1,500 miles later. Unless they replace another component along with the half-shafts, and that component is the source. So in my case, it could not be software/firmware related, not wheels/tires, not steering linkage/dampeners, etc. the only thing Tesla replaced were the half-shafts and it fixed the vibration problem. Albeit temporarily.

For my Plaid, it IS the half-shafts causing the aforementioned vibration. It completely disappeared when they replaced both half-shafts. It did return, however, about 1,500 miles later. Unless they replace another component along with the half-shafts, and that component is the source. So in my case, it could not be software/firmware related, not wheels/tires, not steering linkage/dampeners, etc. the only thing Tesla replaced were the half-shafts and it fixed the vibration problem. Albeit temporarily.
So why then, with bad/vibrating half shafts, can you instantly turn the vibration off by going into track mode and selecting rear bias?! 🧐