Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took a drive after the update and I am happy to report my mid speed (38-50 mph) vibration under light acceleration has been significantly reduced if not eliminated completely. It could be a fluke or wishful thinking, but I do not think so.

At this point I cannot comment on the initial vibration we all experience on a cold start as the car had only been sitting for about three hours before I did the update and test drive.

Anyone else?

I just took a drive after the update and I am happy to report my mid speed (38-50 mph) vibration under light acceleration has been significantly reduced if not eliminated completely. It could be a fluke or wishful thinking, but I do not think so.

At this point I cannot comment on the initial vibration we all experience on a cold start as the car had only been sitting for about three hours before I did the update and test drive.

Anyone else?
You’re sure? And you’re on 2023.44.1 for sure? So hard to believe anything these days, you know…

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and aerodyne

Anyone else?
🍾🍾🍾

I didn't think the release notes mentioned anything vibration related.
I haven't seen the release notes, but the service bulletin only mentioned a vibration issue that is resolved by 2023.44 or newer on the Plaids. This is what it says:

Some model year 2021-2023 Model S Plaid and Model X Plaid vehicles running a vehicle software version earlier than 2023.44 may require a vehicle software update to address a mild vibration felt from the accelerator pedal and steering yoke/wheel that may occur during acceleration. This behavior does not affect the operation or safety of the vehicle. The software update adjusts certain motor controls during acceleration that may reduce the vehicle's rated range by up to 2 miles (3.2 km). Inspect the vehicle software version, and if necessary, update the vehicle software to version 2023.44 or later.

I haven't seen the release notes, but the service bulletin only mentioned a vibration issue that is resolved by 2023.44 or newer on the Plaids. This is what it says:
Whenever someone gets the update, I'd be interested if it mentions anything during the update to the effect of "Updating motor firmware" on the screen etc. I'll check myself, whenever this update comes to me (in 2027 cause I stupidly bought FSDj).

Reactions: jebinc