Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry not sure I understand. I opted into Beta the day it was offered in 2020. And it wasn’t a purchase it was a personal opt in option.
That's really weird. You're definitely not on early-access FSD, that I can tell you. 2023.32.9 is based on 11.4.4, and a week 32 has never been offered to the early access peeps. 🤷‍♂️

I would edit my earlier post, but it seems like I'm slightly off on group 2. Group 2 is 2023.32 at the time of this post, it seems.

So yes, you being on 2023.32.9 means you're on the regular FSD branch, not the early-access branch.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Yep, it's a joke. Completely shafted by Tesla. For those who don't know, there are essentially three branches of software that Tesla deploys:

1.) Mainstream software, that 99% receive, and is, of course, the latest available. This is what you would be on if you bought a car, and didn't buy FSD. Your average Joe. This is, as of this post, a 2023.44 release.
2.) Mainstream FSD + Mainstream software merge. This FSD is either the subscription or full payment, and is generally about as up to date as the regular mainstream branch. This is the optimum place to be if you have FSD but you also want to stay current on the mainstream software. 0.9% of people receive that (assuming a 0.9% take rate by the Tesla-buying populace). This is, as of this post, also a 2023.44 release.
3.) Early access FSD + Mainstream software merge. This branch of software goes to those who bought FSD relatively early on in its selling life. This includes me, @jebinc etc, and is based on a slightly newer version of FSD than the Mainstream FSD + mainstream software merge. The mainstream software in these builds is usually many, many months behind. At one point this year, this group of people was half a year behind the other groups. So, given the glacial pace of FSD evolution (at least, at the current minute), being in early access hasn't proven to be beneficial at all. This is, as of this post, a 2023.27 release, or 17 weeks behind the other two groups on 2023.44. Over four months.

Aaaand so, in relation to this particular thread, those of us who supported FSD early on by handing over cash for... well, nothing really, can't get the vibration fix until who knows when. Yes, that means we paid early, and ended up with an inferior product, and that's just the facts. Given the 6 month gap earlier this year between group 3 and groups 1 and 2, and now the 4 month gap between group 3 and groups 1 and 2, it may well be a while before group 3 gets to or beyond the 2023.44 and vibration "resolution." Now, it's possibly the holiday update that's looming may be a merged branch for everyone, but... we'll see. With Tesla, you never really know.
Thanks for the detailed info.
I see 2023.27.7 on my vehicle. Bought this used and I guess the previous owner opted in early. So so I guess I’m SOL.
LOL

• Funny
Reactions: WilliamG
That's really weird. You're definitely not on early-access FSD, that I can tell you. 2023.32.9 is based on 11.4.4, and a week 32 has never been offered to the early access peeps. 🤷‍♂️

I would edit my earlier post, but it seems like I'm slightly off on group 2. Group 2 is 2023.32 at the time of this post, it seems.

So yes, you being on 2023.32.9 means you're on the regular FSD branch, not the early-access branch.
Having successfully managed to escape the early access FSD beta back in the summer, my car has been getting mainstream versions that include non-bleeding edge FSD builds, and it’s now on 2023.38.9 with FSD 11.4.4, so I think that’s the latest for group 2.

Teslafi shows 8% of its fleet on this version, while 53% are on 2023.44.1, 15% are on 2023.27.7 (which is FSD beta 11.4.7.3), and 9% on 2023.27.12 (FSD beta 11.4.8.1).

It does seem odd that about three times as many are on the early access FSD version versus the mainstream version.. I suspect 2023.44.1 does have FSD but TeslaFi just doesn’t list it. That wouldn’t be the first time they do that.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Having successfully managed to escape the early access FSD beta back in the summer, my car has been getting mainstream versions that include non-bleeding edge FSD builds, and it’s now on 2023.38.9 with FSD 11.4.4, so I think that’s the latest for group 2.

Teslafi shows 8% of its fleet on this version, while 53% are on 2023.44.1, 15% are on 2023.27.7 (which is FSD beta 11.4.7.3), and 9% on 2023.27.12 (FSD beta 11.4.8.1).

It does seem odd that about three times as many are on the early access FSD version versus the mainstream version.. I suspect 2023.44.1 does have FSD but TeslaFi just doesn’t list it. That wouldn’t be the first time they do that.
I don't know if 2023.44.1 has FSD. I am on a 3 month trial for FSD that came with the car and then was expanded for another 3 months. So my trial ends end of December. I have never used it nor enabled it but I am still stuck on 2023.38.9 which stinks since I cannot test if 2023.44.1 fixes any vibrations.

I don't know if 2023.44.1 has FSD. I am on a 3 month trial for FSD that came with the car and then was expanded for another 3 months. So my trial ends end of December. I have never used it nor enabled it but I am still stuck on 2023.38.9 which stinks since I cannot test if 2023.44.1 fixes any vibrations.
It has been confirmed that 2023.44.1 contains FSDb 11.4.4.

• Informative
Thank you. I guess that is good - really wonder how they pick who gets new updates, especially when it is supposed to contain a fix described in a TSB specifically for plaids and have been waiting forever to get.

Are there any others are still on 2023.38.9 or older?
I’m on 2023.38.9. But I took delivery of my car like a week and a half ago. It came with I believe 2023.32.300 or something, got the 38.9 update in a few days after that. Not sure when I’ll get in the queue for 2023.44

Here’s another data point on the vibration:

Sure, service don’t ever seem to know much, but this always seemed like the most likely explanation, and so I’m sticking with this one. Come on, roll on 2023.44/holiday update for the early-access FSD users, please!

Attachments

• C721EF85-2666-4982-AB59-ED29F87CA6D8.jpeg
    C721EF85-2666-4982-AB59-ED29F87CA6D8.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Funny
Here’s another data point on the vibration:

Sure, service don’t ever seem to know much, but this always seemed like the most likely explanation, and so I’m sticking with this one. Come on, roll on 2023.44/holiday update for the early-access FSD users, please!
Engineering is working this as a priority and the firmware has been coming soon for the past 2.5 years….

• Funny
Reactions: teko and terranx