Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can also confirm that my 1-week old has the vibration right at 30MPH but it's only on the first drive of the day (i.e. it's cold). Once I get to the freeway it's fine at all speeds the rest of the trip, wherever I go(city/highway). Based on what I'm reading here, it sounds like I should wait a little while before reporting it to Tesla in case the magic firmware update comes. I will be at a service center on Friday for a minor cosmetic item so I'll ask there as well.

I can also confirm that my 1-week old has the vibration right at 30MPH but it's only on the first drive of the day (i.e. it's cold). Once I get to the freeway it's fine at all speeds the rest of the trip, wherever I go(city/highway). Based on what I'm reading here, it sounds like I should wait a little while before reporting it to Tesla in case the magic firmware update comes. I will be at a service center on Friday for a minor cosmetic item so I'll ask there as well.
That’s not the vibration specifically addressed by the TSB in 2022.44 onwards.

• Informative
Reactions: Magiken and jebinc
The update basically resolved the 35-45 mph light load vibration. It did not resolve the initial start up vibration that comes on around 30-32 mph.

Tesla needs to advertise the vibration as a feature so people are aware before buying And dont go to SC for a fix that doesn’t exist

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
Given the sheer volume of forum posts and comments on this subject, you think you’d see more people jumping on here for sheer joy that this was effectively resolved. Count me among those who were completely suspect that something seemingly mechanically related could be resolved by software/powertrain programming, yet for the most part it’s now a non-issue for me. As this was really the only issue or complaint I had about my Model S, I’m elated!

Given the sheer volume of forum posts and comments on this subject, you think you’d see more people jumping on here for sheer joy that this was effectively resolved. Count me among those who were completely suspect that something seemingly mechanically related could be resolved by software/powertrain programming, yet for the most part it’s now a non-issue for me. As this was really the only issue or complaint I had about my Model S, I’m elated!
I think a lot of people with the problem have FSD and are still waiting for the update.

Still waiting for the update, I have the vibration described here as well as start up vibration and Tesla says they can't upgrade me at this time to .44. Right now I am on 2023.27.7 with my new 2023 Model S Plaid. What a friggin joke...
You're on the early-access FSD, which means Tesla doesn't care about you one bit. If we don't all get bumped to the holiday update in the coming days, expect to wait up to 6 months for the latest update. And yes, I mean 6 months, as we were behind 6 months earlier this year. Currently we're behind a little over 4 months, as you've probably noticed... Pretty awesome, right? Being a flagship Tesla automobile owner is a real joy...

Reactions: aerodyne
Still waiting for the update, I have the vibration described here as well as start up vibration and Tesla says they can't upgrade me at this time to .44. Right now I am on 2023.27.7 with my new 2023 Model S Plaid. What a friggin joke...
I have tried every possible avenue to get FSD junk removed that is humanly possible. There isn’t a way out - like Hotel California and the “Roach motel”.

Many of us have received no update, thus no joy to share. I am stuck on 2023.38.9. Makes zero sense why it would not be pushed to all plaids when there is a TSB out for a while. And I am not on the "special" FSBb branch.

Reactions: Snardy
I think at this point it is a legal issue. They aren't allowed to install recalled software, so they have to make new updates that include the fixes for the recall that was announced yesterday. They probably don't have a Holiday update + FSDb 11.4.8.1 + recall fixes ready to go.

How did you guys get on this branch to begin with!?
By asking to get early access to FSD beta.

Reactions: jebinc
That may be a SC issue, but you're not missing anything, FSD wise (mostly regressions - the lucky part), but you are missing out on the production firmware improvements, just like those of use stuck on the 2023.27 FSD Junk branch. Guess that's the "unlucky" part.
Have never tried FSD and have no desire to do so. Nevertheless when I got the MXP end of June, the car came with a 3 month free trial that was extended for an extra 3 months. So, even though I have not activated FSD I have the subscription until end of December. This is the only reason I can think of I get very few updates. Still makes little sense since 2023.38.9 I have has 11.4.4 - and 2023.44.1 also has the same.