TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Plane crash near John Wayne Airport, OC

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by McRat, Jun 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. McRat

McRat Well-Known Member

I was northbound on the 405 going to visit a customer, and traffic was flowing well, thank goodness. Shortly after I left the freeway, I saw all the smoke rising. It apparently happened very shortly after I passed by. My customer was 1 mile away from the freeway, and everybody was looking at the smoke.

It's one time I was glad I wasn't hypermiling, I was going 80 mph because I had 2 stops that morning.

My daughter is interning for the summer at my business, and I was going to have her do the run. Whew.

Plane bursts into flames as it crashes on California freeway

2. dhanson865

dhanson865 Active Member

"no one on the ground was injured"

I'm sure it totaled a couple of cars that were covered in burning fuel though.

I wonder if the pilot survived.

3. Lump

Lump Active Member

The two people who were aboard the plane, a man and a woman in their 50s and 60, were alive when they were pulled from the fiery wreckage and were taken to a hospital with traumatic injuries, Orange County Fire Capt. Larry Kurtz said.

My cousin is a OC Paramedic & sent me this picture from the scene.

IMG_6974.JPG

4. ModelX

ModelX Active Member

McRat, glad you and your Tesla are ok!

5. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

And I'm glad that the pilot and passenger also seemed to have survived their crash-landing.

• Like x 2