Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

plastic triangle trim - side mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had that on my October 2018 build. I had a couple things to address and a mobile ranger came out and fixed them while I was at work. No problems since.
I had the same piece on the passenger side replaced by a Mobile tech. I compared the rear side of the replacement piece with the rear of the original piece, they were slightly different. I suspect Tesla realized there was an issue and redesigned the piece.

There are other threads on this topic.

That is the only issue I have had with my Model 3 in nearly a year and almost 11,000 miles.

Here is a photo of my passenger side piece, viewed from the front, before it was replaced. You can see the gap at the top.

86C40857-3A01-414C-A591-D386A0C69F9B.jpeg

Attachments

• 3652764F-DD2B-46E5-AF0C-2A46E06351E1.jpeg
    3652764F-DD2B-46E5-AF0C-2A46E06351E1.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 221
I had a similar gap on the passenger side. Since I suspected it was responsible for some wind noise I heard at a certain speed, I used a small piece of thick double-sided 3M VHB tape to attach the top of the trim piece (slide into the gap before removing the backing). Easier than dealing with Tesla service.

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors
I had the same piece on the passenger side replaced by a Mobile tech. I compared the rear side of the replacement piece with the rear of the original piece, they were slightly different. I suspect Tesla realized there was an issue and redesigned the piece.

There are other threads on this topic.

That is the only issue I have had with my Model 3 in nearly a year and almost 11,000 miles.

Here is a photo of my passenger side piece, viewed from the front, before it was replaced. You can see the gap at the top.

View attachment 446346

I took my delivery back in September last year and mine looks exactly the same..

Hey Random, both of mine look like ecarfan 2nd pic. Using my waffle towel to dry, I caught a loop on the damn thing. I thought I had pulled it out myself until I saw the other side. I also caught it on the T- emblems.
This tells me that the tape/ adhesive isn't fully applied across the unit, allowing me to get behind it.
I will try to get the old mobile ranger to fix those too or go to the SCtr. I'll let you know how that goes over... :rolleyes:

I had a similar gap on the passenger side. Since I suspected it was responsible for some wind noise I heard at a certain speed, I used a small piece of thick double-sided 3M VHB tape to attach the top of the trim piece (slide into the gap before removing the backing). Easier than dealing with Tesla service.

Is half inch wide 3M VHB good enough? Which one did u use? Thanks.