Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please give me a reason to buy Tesla, and thousand excuses for not buying a Jaguar.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can give you thousands of reasons to buy a Model X and thousands of excuses not to buy a Jaguar:

Reasons to buy a model X

1. Falcon Doors
2. Bio weapon defense mode
3. no gas ever, free to charge at every tesla super charger stations
4. cool, futuristic looking, be one of the pioneer of electric auto evolution
5. rare, must deposit, configure, custom build each time. Unable to do quick purchase from a dealer from now. (unless it's used). Give you the bragging rights.
6. Helicopter cockpit
7. auto pilot
8. fastest production SUV to date with Ludicrous P90D
9. White interior is an option (not many cars offer this option)
10. front door auto present itself
11. Very minor - Iphone convenient docking, rear truck door close and open remotely. (My wife's Macan right now only open, does not close with remote.)

Excuses not to buy a Jaguar

1. brand image not as good as BMW, Benz, Audi or equivalent (personal opinion)
2. all models are ugly (personal opinion)
3. gas is still been used
4. spent about the same amount as Model X depending on the model you buy
5. Don't have any features so far that i mentioned for the Model X

Bottom Line - If you can afford Model X, nothing else on the market can beat the value, comfortability, convenience, technological advanced features, geekness and practicality of the Model X.

Thanks.
ModelXBoy

Last edited:
Reactions: dwebb66
1) Better is the enemy of good...
2) Jaguar is past, Tesla is future.
3) You will never waste any more minute of your life breathing filthy air at the gas station.
4) Every morning you will start with a fully charged vehicle. Every.
5) When it's time to recharge after 2 hrs drive, enjoy a coffee and supercharge your Tesla.
6) When finished your coffee and after going to the restroom, go ahead for the next 2 hrs.
7) Don't forget to pay for your coffee, and forget about paying for the refill of the car. It's free.
8) Go for a test drive with a Model S with your family! That's maybe the best move...

Plenty of great reasons above, heres another one I cant WAIT for...

Oil changes will be a thing of the past. Between this and my wifes car I do this 6 times a year... Now my mom is starting to get on me taking her car in so I'm at almost an oil change a month here. Combine that with all the other "regularly scheduled maintenance" and the fact that the Tesla family of products dont need them is quite the value

As for the charging them, just tell them to imagine they had to go to a Phone Charging Station once a week for 5-10 minutes and see if they would rather do that or just plug it in over night.

Reactions: GSP
For the family...

1. Safety, the Model X is far far safer than a jag, remember the Mexican guy that crashed his model S into a concrete wall at 110mph? He walked away from the accident, google it.

2. Refueling the car is more convenient, and by a lot; you never have to drive to a gas station and deal with rude people again, takes 30 seconds to plug in when you get home.

3. Performance, MX will slaughter a jag in the acceleration regimes that are encountered in normal driving.

4. Auto-pilot, they're going to need to experience this before they realize it's a revolution.

5. The view, like auto pilot the panoramic windshield needs to be experienced, it's just better.

6. Clean, no oil drops in your garage no oil changes, no exhaust smell in your garage, no noise that wakes up the kids when you pull in late.

7. It's way cooler than a jag.:cool:

Only way the jag can compete is if you go on 250 mile+ road trips more than once a month or if the jag you're looking at really is that much cheaper. And road trips on the super charger network only cost you an extra 20% time wise, that time is more than made up for by the time saved not dealing with gas stations for most people.

:DBottom line, you need to get them to a test drive.;)

Is the Jag propelled by a crank in a pool of oil turned by pistons in sleeves pushed by burning oil that was refined by burning more oil? Then it's a lame cobbling together of several 19th century technologies and should go away. Nikola Tesla, otoh :cool: invented the AC induction motor, which as the single moving part in a Tesla "drivetrain" sets it apart and ahead in theory and in practice forevermore. Tell 'em That! ... and the test drive thing

So sad, I want to buy Model X, but My family vote against. How do i get it through?

Please give me a reason to buy Tesla, and thousand excuses for not buying a Jaguar.

My family always insists that it’s very troublesome to charge every day, every week. We went to the Jaguar XJ 4S shop, the car is very beautiful and interior is so cool, and it’s not expensive.

From your profile, you live in Shenzhen, so you have the ocean breeze to help keep the air clear. But even so, there are some days where it's clearly smoggy/dirty outdoors, right? So here's your one reason: Bio-weapon defense mode. That feature is available on no other car except the model X and can even filter out viruses.

Secondly, every version of the model X is faster than every version of the jaguar (within legal highway speeds).

And if new to EV's and you have access to a charger at home (even a slow one) or work, then it takes less time to charge than it does to fill up, because just like your cell phone, your habit will be to plug the car in when you get home and unplug the car before you leave for work (only 10 seconds each day). Even if it takes 10 hours to charge each day, you will never feel it, because you are at home doing other things while the car is charging. You never have to spend any time finding a gas station and waiting to fill up the tank. You will never have to take the car in for an oil change or other kind of "routine" maintenance. All these things are a HUGE waste of time, but your family doesn't understand this, because they're already so used to it.

Next, safety. Every gas-engined car will produce carbon monoxide. The reason you're NOT supposed to keep your car running in a garage or small parking structure is because the exhaust WILL kill you and your passengers. In the model X, you can keep your family in the car, with the AC on during the summer (or heater in the winter) in a parking garage and not worry about any exhaust. This is very useful if you have small children that fall asleep in the car easily.

Lastly, within 4 years, the sound of the engine in the jaguar will sound cheap, like a machine that's breaking down, because everyone will know how more powerful yet refined electric motors are than gasoline engines, and it will be unfashionable to drive gas-engined cars anymore.

I hope this helps you!

S
My family always insists that it’s very troublesome to charge every day, every week. We went to the Jaguar XJ 4S shop, the car is very beautiful and interior is so cool, and it’s not expensive.

1. I guess they don't use cellphones. Takes ten seconds/day vs. having to go to the gas station at inconvenient times.

2. Drive a Tesla for a month and the Jaguar will seem similar to driving a tractor.

3. The Jaguar owners I know have a history of nine days in the shop for every one day of driving.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the idea that charging is inconvenient is an incorrect conclusion that many non EV owners make. The plug is right next to my car. It take me less than 5 second to grab it and plug it in. The car if full every morning. I never have to waste 10-15 minutes driving to a gas station, and then stand there in the cold/rain like an idiot while I pump toxic fuel into my car. There is nothing more inconvenient than a gasoline powered car. Your family has it backwards.

So sad, I want to buy Model X, but My family vote against. How do i get it through?

"troublesome to charge"?!? Maybe I'm the exception, but it is a very easy habit -- get out, as I'm walking past the back of the car I pick up the charge cord hanging there, press the button, plug it in, continue into home. No trouble at all.

Now when/if we get a model 3 we might have an issue because I don't have an outlet on that side of the garage, but that's easy to solve by just parking on the other side of the garage every few days.

Not sure if the OP is still reading here. But the problem he mentioned is actually still in most of people's heads. They all know EV has limited range compared to an ICE and they need to charge more often because of that. And since it is in our heads that we have to go to a gas station (or now charging station) to fill up, people assume charging in general is a problem and annoying because it takes so much longer. Again, that's one of the few things everyone knows: EV charge slower than any ICE can fill up.

I will admit I had the same concerns before I bought my Tesla. I was worried about charging. After 2 years of owning one that's the first thing I tell people! Charging is one of the positive aspects of an EV. It's a convenience! On a daily basis you never have to worry about range with a Tesla and every morning you start with a 'full tank'. Without any time spent, without any worry. I always tell people, it's like having a personal assistant. Every night he takes the car to the gas station and fills is up and puts it back in your garage.

I really think charging is one of the pros of an EV. Being able to 'fill up' at home is an incredible convenience.

Not sure if the OP is still reading here. But the problem he mentioned is actually still in most of people's heads. They all know EV has limited range compared to an ICE and they need to charge more often because of that. And since it is in our heads that we have to go to a gas station (or now charging station) to fill up, people assume charging in general is a problem and annoying because it takes so much longer. Again, that's one of the few things everyone knows: EV charge slower than any ICE can fill up.

I will admit I had the same concerns before I bought my Tesla. I was worried about charging. After 2 years of owning one that's the first thing I tell people! Charging is one of the positive aspects of an EV. It's a convenience! On a daily basis you never have to worry about range with a Tesla and every morning you start with a 'full tank'. Without any time spent, without any worry. I always tell people, it's like having a personal assistant. Every night he takes the car to the gas station and fills is up and puts it back in your garage.

I really think charging is one of the pros of an EV. Being able to 'fill up' at home is an incredible convenience.
Totally agree and we need to get this info out there, I'm still amazed that even people who know about Tesla do not know about the superchargers.

I look at it this way: who's paying for it? If 100% of the money spent to buy the car is yours, then you have the right to make the final decision. You can factor in their needs as far as transporting them when need be but ultimately it is YOUR car.