Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please Tesla offer SR+ with premium audio so i can buy your car!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No - there is hardware missing as well. Even if a couple of the speakers are present, the wiring isn't.

No they shouldn't. Any more than they should make AWD, longer range, FSD (etc.) as standard.

How the heck is Premium sound tied to FSD okay but tying it to AWD isn't?!? That makes zero sense.

No need to get all dogmatic. I get it, you believe whatever Tesla does is wonderful, perfect and they have no flaws. But to say the SR+ shouldn’t come with premium audio is whimsical. Some of us are simply asking give us that option and you’re arrogantly saying “It won’t change and you can’t do anything about that.” How do you know they won’t ever change?

No need to get all dogmatic. I get it, you believe whatever Tesla does is wonderful, perfect and they have no flaws. But to say the SR+ shouldn’t come with premium audio is whimsical. Some of us are simply asking give us that option and you’re arrogantly saying “It won’t change and you can’t do anything about that.” How do you know they won’t ever change?
I'm not sure what you're interpreting but I was responding to
"All cars should have premium sound standard."​
with
"No they shouldn't. Any more than they should make AWD, longer range, FSD (etc.) as standard."​

(At least I assume that is the one of three parts of my post that you're responding to.)

The point being that when you add X, Y, and Z as standard, you drive up the base cost of the car. Tesla is still a very young company and they have to be very tight with their production to remain profitable. This means, they need to limit the number of configurations of cars and customizability. As others have pointed out, ALL car companies have things you can only get by buying more expensive configurations.

I (nor anyone else in this thread) never said it won't change, nor was anybody getting all fanboy. Learn how to read and get some manners.

Reactions: Gasaraki

Nobody’s saying that. What they are saying is that bundling features to create multiple trim lines is exactly how it works across the entire automotive industry. Want a sunroof? Gotta get the chrome wheels. Windows roll down with a single button push but express-up? Oh, that’s a Platinum trim option only.

Want LED headlights? Gotta ha e the package with heated seats for that.

Point being - features are used to differentiate trim levels. Best example of all: GMC Denali. Wildly, wildly successful differentiation.

Installing audio system in Tesla by your self is not easy thing to do, even some pro shops are refusing to do it.
Im not spending 45k after tax and then trying to install after market audio by my self.

Tesla is ONLY car maker in the world that ties premium audio and other features to AWD.
Tesla knows we dont need AWD in NV,AZ and CA where they sell 70% of their cars.

Tesla need to sell separate premium packages , or tie it to car "range/miles" and not to AWD.

Tesla isnt the only one doing that. Even Subaru does it now where to get the upgraded radio (which isnt anything special) you are forced into other options. Just like how they all force you for a sunroof no matter what now. Charge you for it but you cant order without.

At the end of the day, this is just down to marketing and model differentiation. ANY car from ANY maker will always package things in ways that annoy some customers. For anything not present in the base model there will always be someone saying "I only want feature X from the premium model, not the rest of the stuff." Sure, that is technically possible, but the logistics of making what are essentially a la carte cars (and maintaining them) would push the price up .. something no-one wants.

I see Tesla doing what Japanese car makers did in the 70's...you had certain models and configurations. Cream color exterior had a brown interior ect. ( bought two datsun's in the 70's like that) This seems to me a good idea to minimize production costs. With this: you get these....next step up you get this....

I don't see a problem. Buying good used cars always allow more bang for your buck. Or upgrade the sound system.

AND AGAIN !!!

PROBLEM IS AWD !!!

All wheel drive!!!

We don`t need that in our state.

Nevada
Arizona
California

Can you people understand that?

You are telling me if if drive AWD i need upgraded sound system?

Its not color of the car,its not battery, but AWD !!!

And again, for tesla AWD = faster car, and yes people in "nevada / arizona / california" do want faster cars, just like they do for ICE vehicles when they have 4 cylinder vs 6 cylinder. or the premium trim that requires someone to get heated seats if they want a nav system, or sunroof.

No, we are telling you that ALL car manufacturers bundle features that dont make sense together, not just tesla, to encourage more spend.

Also, I guess I really should have TYPED SOME OF MY RESPONSE IN ALL CAPS so that "you people" would better understand what I was saying.

Last edited:
I don't need AWD in my state either, I bought it for the increased performance for a relatively small price difference.

BTW the upgrade to AWD ($4000) was a lot cheaper than the upgrade for the larger battery ($9000)- so objecting to the cheaper one but saying the other is fine is...kinda weird.

Reactions: jjrandorin
You are telling me if if drive AWD i need upgraded sound system?

Its not color of the car,its not battery, but AWD !!!

I didn't need tri-zone climate control on my Cadillac, but I had to take it if I wanted lighted door handles.

My point is - ALL manufacturers associate unrelated features to build packages.... You just don't LIKE the one that the premium sound is bundled with ... I get it, but that's certainly NOT a Tesla unique thing...

And again, for tesla AWD = faster car, and yes people in "nevada / arizona / california" do want faster cars, just like they do for ICE vehicles when they have 4 cylinder vs 6 cylinder. or the premium trim that requires someone to get heated seats if they want a nav system, or sunroof.

No, we are telling you that ALL car manufacturers bundle features that dont make sense together, not just tesla, to encourage more spend.

Also, I guess I really should have TYPED SOME OF MY RESPONSE IN ALL CAPS so that "you people" would better understand what I was saying.

Are you saying im buying Tesla because of speed??

Faster car ??

I dont care im 70 years old im not going to race.

I want upgraded sound system with RWD or lower range !!!

I didn't need tri-zone climate control on my Cadillac, but I had to take it if I wanted lighted door handles.

My point is - ALL manufacturers associate unrelated features to build packages.... You just don't LIKE the one that the premium sound is bundled with ... I get it, but that's certainly NOT a Tesla unique thing...

no other manufacturer associate Premium sound with AWD !!

cant find color i want

But you arent going to buy one anyway, even if you find the color, or even if they had what you are specifically asking for, right? You bought a new car already and gave up on tesla:

So this doesnt impact you in the slightest, right?

I wish everyone good luck with their Tesla , hope they will improve their beautiful cars and service in all segments in future, we just decided to gave up on our MY order and purchased new 2020 CR-V Hybrid.
I took my wife (she already knows about Tesla problems reading owner stories on FB) to Tesla show room 2 days ago and there was an family with children arguing with sales person about their purchase and expired registration. On our way out other guy was arguing about his new car being in service for some time.
That was enough for us to say no to Tesla at this time.
Hope this issues will be resolved in next 2 years

Returned MY Today - post 37 in this thread

Last edited:
Installing audio system in Tesla by your self is not easy thing to do, even some pro shops are refusing to do it.
Im not spending 45k after tax and then trying to install after market audio by my self.

Tesla is ONLY car maker in the world that ties premium audio and other features to AWD.
Tesla knows we dont need AWD in NV,AZ and CA where they sell 70% of their cars.

Tesla need to sell separate premium packages , or tie it to car "range/miles" and not to AWD.

ok.... who actually "needs" all wheel drive