Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Polestar Superbowl ad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a test drive of the Polestar 2 recently. I only drive it for around 15 minutes, I deliberately picked the Front-Wheel drive model to see what it was like.

- Acceleration is adequate, however, it has that annoying delay when you first stand on the accelerator. I have no idea why other EV manufacturers program this in. I suspect the latest Model SR 2022 will have similar levels of performance.
- The interior quality and leather is really high, better than Tesla in my opinion.
- I really liked the Android Auto UI, and the instrument cluster, but couldn't offer a real opinion without long term use.
- Its subjective, but I think it’s a very good-looking car.
- The back seat is a joke; I mean a really sick joke. It’s hard to even put yourself in there due to the door opening, and I am only 5ft10. No leg room at all.
- The front seating area is heavily compromised because of the huge centre console, I mean, you can't spread your legs at all.
- Front wheel drive is just not good, I know people have differing views on this, but I just cannot see a place for it in the EV world, what with the instant torque control of a modern EV traction system.
- Obviously the hatchback is awesome.

What with the option prices, I can see no reason to choose this over a Tesla, and that is without even factoring in the Supercharger network. I so much prefer the openess of the Model 3, gives you the feeling of space.

I drove one in November, shortly before placing my M3LR order
the styling is too Lego-like for my taste
the lack of things that are standard for other cars in this price range is just stupid - they should reconsider
also the Pulsar Polestar 2 weighs 300kg more than a Model 3
that will affect range
it didn't seem to make the car less manageable though it felt heavier
I already knew about the weight difference before I drove it, so possibly auto-suggestion

Reactions: Zoltrix77
I had a test drive of the Polestar 2 recently. I only drive it for around 15 minutes, I deliberately picked the Front-Wheel drive model to see what it was like.

- Acceleration is adequate, however, it has that annoying delay when you first stand on the accelerator. I have no idea why other EV manufacturers program this in. I suspect the latest Model SR 2022 will have similar levels of performance.
- The interior quality and leather is really high, better than Tesla in my opinion.
- I really liked the Android Auto UI, and the instrument cluster, but couldn't offer a real opinion without long term use.
- Its subjective, but I think it’s a very good-looking car.
- The back seat is a joke; I mean a really sick joke. It’s hard to even put yourself in there due to the door opening, and I am only 5ft10. No leg room at all.
- The front seating area is heavily compromised because of the huge centre console, I mean, you can't spread your legs at all.
- Front wheel drive is just not good, I know people have differing views on this, but I just cannot see a place for it in the EV world, what with the instant torque control of a modern EV traction system.
- Obviously the hatchback is awesome.

What with the option prices, I can see no reason to choose this over a Tesla, and that is without even factoring in the Supercharger network. I so much prefer the openess of the Model 3, gives you the feeling of space.
Model 3 has a rubbish boot opening, which removes it as a choice for my needs.

I drove one in November, shortly before placing my M3LR order
the styling is too Lego-like for my taste
the lack of things that are standard for other cars in this price range is just stupid - they should reconsider
also the Pulsar Polestar 2 weighs 300kg more than a Model 3
that will affect range
it didn't seem to make the car less manageable though it felt heavier
I already knew about the weight difference before I drove it, so possibly auto-suggestion
The pulsar polestar thing is a bit pointless in australia where we have telstra and tesla, and to confuse it even more I have a telsa pool cleaner.

Reactions: schnaxxl
Polestar 2 was the main contender to the M3 when I was choosing an EV few months back.
But I couldn't see value in Polestar 2 being $12k more (+Pilot, +Plus) than the base M3 to have similar option level.
e.g. driver assistance, glass roof, power seats, heat pump, wireless phone charging etc
My wife also much preferred the Tesla "brand" over the Polestar that she's never heard of. So yeah...

Reactions: schnaxxl