Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - are you mad that your new Tesla just missed Autopilot 2.0?

Are you mad that your new Tesla just missed Autopilot 2.0?

• Extremely Pissed!! I want refund or compensation!

Votes: 63 14.7%
  • Mad!! In shock! I will be in daze for days...

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • Slightly mad, but understandable since technology always improve

Votes: 90 20.9%
  • Not sure/ neutral

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • It is alright. Thank god I leased my Tesla instead of owning!

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Not mad. Know that it is coming given the rumors about Autopilot 2.0

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • Not mad at all. It is good that Tesla keep improving Autopilot hardware

Votes: 129 30.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 25 5.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot understand why so many people are mad. We got what we configured/paid for, right? I was one of the first to get the refresh but I had ordered the original version with a nosecone, abd I would have been happy with either.

Same thing with this new announcement. It sounds absolutely amazing and can't wait to get a newer Tesla when my current one's time is up. Maybe I'll miss a flying Tesla or an amphibious Tesla by a few weeks in the future, who knows? For now, I am happy to have what I configured/paid for! :)

As for AP2.0 I have trouble believing they're as close to complete autonomy as advertised. AP1.0 needs babysitting outside of perfect conditions I just don't see a couple more cameras and a new processor eliminating the need for a driver. This will be an evolutionary step, not a revolutionary step.

Very true. In some respects, they are starting over with the autopilot system. They have to gather the data all over again to be able to properly train the neural network. They cannot just take the data from AP1.0 and load it in as they basically changed everything, except maybe the radar. Only time will tell if the new developments are truly enough. If I am not mistaking AP1.0 was suppose to stop at traffic lights, but it still doesn't do that yet. This seems a bit like a headline grab.

I am somewhat frustrated because I picked up my car last month. I just got my real tag yesterday, after putting on my second paper tag. I also dropped off my car this week for paint protection and window tint. It made me realize how nice driving the Tesla really is. I miss my TACC, the regen braking, my 17" screen, and instant torque. It is quite the conundrum.

I walked in the garage a few minutes ago and felt the same about my car as I did a few hours prior - absolute joy. I'm not angry at all, especially given the high price tag. I've only had my car for a few months and I'm happy with what the current AP does. I certainly don't think there will be $5500 more functionality anytime soon (at least that's what I'm telling myself).

As far as resale values: I don't spend any time thinking about that. In 7+ years when I'm thinking about getting a car again, the difference in the trade in price based on options won't be that high. IMO, if you're someone getting a new car every 2-3 years (where that might matter) you should probably be leasing.

I was disappointed when I cancelled my August order for a MS P100D and lost the $2,500 down, but now I'm glad I made that tough decision. :) I'll certainly pony up the $8,000 for the new full autonomous camera and sensor suite. Just wondering if I should wait until January while they're training the system and ironing out any remaining kinks in the new hardware.

You'll be able to "ugprade after delivery" via Tesla shop at least for vehicles as of today according to the design studio which basically confirms some level of retrofit being an option.

Curious how far back they will be retrofittable. My bet is for all facelifts to have a retrofit option. Hopefully it's slightly discounted considering the cost of the already purchased AP 1.0.
So are the facelift able to be retrofitted with ap 2.0???