Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: demographic distribution for Model 3 customers

Age group:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to have an unscientific poll on demographic distribution for Model 3 potential customer - those who put down deposit(s) or who are interested in purchasing a Model 3.

I am only able to create a poll for a single question, and would like help from other forum experts to poll:
  • age (4): under 25, 25-35, 35-50 and over 50
  • annual income (4): under $50K, $50K-$100K, $100K-$150K, over $150K
  • formal education (3): no college/trade school, 4yr college, more than 4yr college
  • current car (3): ICE car, Hybrid/PHEV, BEV
  • if Tesla can make a cheaper car in the future, what features do you require ?

The purpose is to show how widespread the Tesla appeals are to a large audience across multiple demographic groups. The media and doubters have been saying that Tesla is for the young, affluent and "green" people, but this data would show that Tesla cars can fit most anyone.

Thanks.

Don't you like it when a poll gives you an implied option ? I should have created another option for 50-65 group so that I can fit in that category, but too late now I can't change it :)

Yes, 50+ is a pretty wide range especially as one would assume that folks may be retired after 65. But this poll and the others you've suggested will likely help to illustrate the wide appeal of the Model 3.

Keep in mind, of course, that younger people will be more likely to surf around on nerdy message boards, so results of this poll may not be entirely accurate. :p I know that of the crowd at my store, I was among the younger people and I'm pushing 40.

I'd like a separate category for those at or over 100, please.

I'm 106.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

After all, they say that age is a state of mind.

And my mind is in need of a road trip. Fortunately, there's a perfect car for that. And, given that I'm now 106, it's not a bad thing that it almost drives itself. You should all be very thankful :).