Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: How many Tesla owners are also Apple users?

Do you use Apple products?

• Yes, I use Apple products

Votes: 116 74.4%
  • No, I do not use Apple products

Votes: 40 25.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny. My brother-in-law is the same way but that's because he works for MicroSoft. Everything in their house must be MS. His kids told me they are not allowed to Google anything (by which they meant they must Bing instead). They bought their kids Zunes and Kins. I feel sorry for those kids!

I wouldn't feel sorry for anybody using Zune. My zune software is so much better than iTunes. I can not tolerate Bing, however.

I think this question is being asked because of the similarities between Apple and Tesla: the way it has/is revolutionizing an industry, Musk/Jobs, the technological wizardry, even the amount of control the companies exert on their products. I've heard some financial analysts say Apple should even buy Tesla - the iCar? Wonder what Elon would respond to a gargantuan bid from Apple and nearly limitless cash resources?

I was curious how many Tesla owners use Apple products for their phones, computers, and tablets?

View attachment 24746

I think this question is being asked because of the similarities between Apple and Tesla: the way it has/is revolutionizing an industry, Musk/Jobs, the technological wizardry, even the amount of control the companies exert on their products. I've heard some financial analysts say Apple should even buy Tesla - the iCar? Wonder what Elon would respond to a gargantuan bid from Apple and nearly limitless cash resources?

Hopefully, Elon would just tell Apple to GTFO. The mission statements of Apple and Tesla could not be more different.

I'm a huge Apple fanboy:

Current:
15" Retina Macbook Pro
17" 2009 Macbook Pro
15" 2010 Macbook Pro
27" LED Display
24" LED Display
iPad 3 64GB Wi-Fi 3G
iPad 2 64GB Wi-Fi 3G
iPad 2 32GB Wi-Fi
iPhone 5
iPhone 4S
iPhone 4
iPhone 3GS
Time Capsule
2 Airport Extremes
2 Apple TV's

Whew that's all I can think of.

I am, and I also am hugely techno-ignorant. Sure wish someone out there (YOU!!!!) would gently take my (our) hand and help us get a lot more out of these products than I currently am disabled. ;)

We own: a MacBook Air, a (rather creaky) MacBook, an iPhone (version 3, I think), two iPods a Time Capsule (Time Machine?) and an Apple signal booster to extend the reach of our wi-fi signal.

Confession: I really don't even know how properly to get all our CDs into Appleable format..... :(

PS: I also am older than 18. That's the reason, right?

I am, and I also am hugely techno-ignorant. Sure wish someone out there (YOU!!!!) would gently take my (our) hand and help us get a lot more out of these products than I currently am disabled. ;)

We own: a MacBook Air, a (rather creaky) MacBook, an iPhone (version 3, I think), two iPods a Time Capsule (Time Machine?) and an Apple signal booster to extend the reach of our wi-fi signal.

Confession: I really don't even know how properly to get all our CDs into Appleable format..... :(

Wow. Does your hometown have an Apple store and nothing else? I didn't even know they made WIFI boosters?

there are free classes at the apple store. You should sign up!

The free classes are a good place to start, my wife signed up for a class on how to use Pages, I tagged along & learned many usefull features, my kids go to Apple Camp they learn how to use iPhoto & iMovie, they love it. My Mother in Law is 65 needs lot of help for her Apple gear so she signed up for their One to One, she goes at least twice a month & doesn't nag us every 5 minutes when she cant figure how to use something (one to One costs $99 a year, she's had it for 3 years so far)

Apple Retail Store - One to One

Ha ha - last three responses.

"Town" is 300 miles away. Except Fairbanks - that's only 200 miles, but there's no Apple store.

Seriously, however, I do know there's an Apple store near the m-in-law's in the Phoenix area. We do need to sit ourselves down there some time some winter and learn as much as your average 11-year old....

They have ELUA's that are impossible to follow and grant Apple the rights to your data in ways that would make the NSA blush, Dictatorial control over app development, terrible labor conditions in their factories, and completely refuse to acknowledge that computer security is an issue, or that their machines actually are susceptible to virus infections. They do design very nice looking hardware, but I do not agree with their business practices, or they way that they treat their employees or customers, so therefor, I choose not to allow their products in my home. I am sure allot of people here say the same thing about products that are "not green".

Wow. I'm a tech professional that develops/works on many platforms (25+ years of experience, my first computer was the original IBM PC). You have some seriously warped views there. Seriously misguided. I'm not going to get into it here - we can take this to ArsTechnica's Battlefront instead: http://arstechnica.com/civis/viewforum.php?f=14

I'm sure there are plenty of gear heads that like/work for several car companies that have the same kind of warped views on Tesla and Elon Musk. There are reasons to criticize any company - any operation will have its problems. However, your singling out of Apple in unfair ways reminds me of those that single out Tesla in unfair ways. As I did research on Telsa, the Model S, Elon Musk, and TLSA the stock, I ran across many of those on various financial, car, and tech forums that also harbor ill will towards Tesla, often based on incomplete or distorted views of facts and history.

My wife uses Apple products (iPod, iPhone 4S, Cube, Apple TV), but the only product I have and use is an older iPod along with iTunes as it was a gift. I've had to use Macs at work before and have used my wife's computer, but I inevitably get massively frustrated due to the limits on the control you have with customizing and managing the OS. I imagine that if you've invested a lot of time and money to learn how, you can tweak Apple products, but for the most part, you are limited.

I have a MotoX phone and I'm surprised I haven't seen any other person on this thread mention having one. I would put it up against the iPhone any day of the week, it will come out the champ 9 times out of 10. I know this because I challenge my wife's 4S and other friends' iPhone 5s any chance I get. Just one area that it's better, Google Now voice commands/searches blow Siri out of the water.

I guess there are those who prefer to be given a set platform that they simply learn and conform to. I must be too much of a control freak to allow my OS to limit my influence on the system, that's why I prefer PC/Android platforms. I want to get under the hood and tinker.

But, I digress, as this is a forum on Tesla cars. The fact of the matter is, Google has many more advances, in many more areas, than any other tech company out there, including Apple. From a business perspective, I feel like it would be best for Tesla to stick with the Android platform for its vehicles, and I hope they do.