Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[POLL] If you placed your order - what did you order

Which model 3 did you order?

• Short Range RWD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Short Range AWD

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Long Range RWD

Votes: 50 27.6%
  • Long Range AWD

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • Performance without Performance Package

Votes: 26 14.4%
  • Performance with Performance Package

Votes: 23 12.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am actually a little surprised, if the proportions so far are accurate. I thought:
1) There would be vastly more LR RWD ordered
2) Those that we’re willing to pay the upcharge for the Performance would proportionally get the Performance Package with it.

I am actually a little surprised, if the proportions so far are accurate. I thought:
2) Those that we’re willing to pay the upcharge for the Performance would proportionally get the Performance Package with it.
I originally had the performance package ordered but removed it out of fear of the 20" wheels and NE potholes. I think the car will still be a beast and if the stock tires that come with the 18" wheels don't suffice I will upgrade them.

I’m not surprised by how many AWD configurations there are. In addition to improving the car’s capabilities in bad weather, it provides a nice performance bump without upgrading to the performance model. In my opinion, it’s a pretty nice sweet spot.

Reactions: drawfour
I’m not surprised by how many AWD configurations there are. In addition to improving the car’s capabilities in bad weather, it provides a nice performance bump without upgrading to the performance model. In my opinion, it’s a pretty nice sweet spot.
I had the same thought but soon changed my mind after realizing that I could save additional 3 to 4 months agonizing waiting time by switching back to RWD. I had a BMW 325i for several years and survived Mid Atlantic winter. With Model 3, it'll only make it easier. And the performance? I don't think I'll need that difference between RWD and AWD to enjoy the driving. It's just already that good! :)