Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Is MS daily driver (DD)?

Is your MS a daily driver?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not technically DD as I have an ICE that I use probably 20-30% of the time. why? Bad weather, leaving car at airport, trips downtown where roads are crappy, etc.

HOWEVER, that is becoming less and less by the week.

To me, it would seem this would be a no-brainer. I can't see many people who would buy this car only for long trips since it's not as convenient as an ICE (at least until we get the supercharger/battery swap infrastructure in place). It's also not a weekend only fun car like my Ferrari, which I can't leave anywhere like the movies for fear of vandalism, etc. and it's only a 2 seater to boot. The Model S seems like the perfect DD unless you commute over 250 miles a day, and even that only applies if you don't have a way to "top off" while at your job. Pre-warm/Cool the interior via app, no startup noise waking up the wife/kids (try that in the Ferrari!). The ONLY downside I can see is that using it as a DD with the 21" tires will be more expensive than it would be with the 19's or another cheaper tire, but if you are spending 100K on a car, I would guess you could afford the tires.

Yes it is. 23ish miles each way. I love almost everything about it as a commuter car. I've only ever owned one car at a time, so I'm not sure what people look for in a commuter; to me, it's all the same--daily driver, weekend getaway car, road trip car, etc. So it's tough to pick out which things are especially good for commuters but might not matter as much for errands, trips, etc. Quiet, comfortable, amazing acceleration, not stopping for gas, regen braking...I think I'm going to list everything about the car, so I'll stop now. :cool:

Absolutely the daily driver unless I want to have fun in the Roadster or the powder goes up to the headlights; then the jeep wins...

Jeep in Snow-sm.jpg

Daily driver. Although on occasion I will drive our second car...

LOL. Nice.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I didn't expect 99.9% to be daily drivers, but now it makes sense. That says something about the versatility of the MS and the level of refinement, from "S" all the way to "P+"!

I will be putting in 100 miles/day - driving right past the Fremont plant, to a job not far from Palo Alto HQ!