Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll: Is your Service Center Overwhelmed?

What is the State of Service at your SvC?

• Fast, efficient, on top of it

Votes: 25 33.3%
  • Somewhere in the middle

• Slow, backlogged, overwhelmed

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Parallel Poll from the Model S area.

Looking for data on the State of our Service Centers. When it comes to the actual vehicle service side, and doing car maintenance I’m trying to infomally determine if they are staffed and operating ‘correctly’ or if they are grossly overwhelmed.

Thanks!

I drive past the SC/store quite a bit and the one thing that always stands out is the SC parking lot.
Don't think Ive ever seen less than ~50 customer cars just sitting on the lot. When I took a test drive
a year ago, I asked the rep the wait time to get in for a service/repair, he hesitated and said about 2 weeks.
Yea right. I drove through that lot looking for a place to park, those cars were dusty!

I hope they open a -lot- more soon because this could get ugly.

I drive past the SC/store quite a bit and the one thing that always stands out is the SC parking lot.
Don't think Ive ever seen less than ~50 customer cars just sitting on the lot. When I took a test drive
a year ago, I asked the rep the wait time to get in for a service/repair, he hesitated and said about 2 weeks.
Yea right. I drove through that lot looking for a place to park, those cars were dusty!

I hope they open a -lot- more soon because this could get ugly.

2 weeks is the same wait time for us. We have scheduled to go in to have paint damage repair caused by ran away windshield wiper and it will take 2 weeks until we could bring it in for them to look at it. Not sure how long it will take for the repair.

IMO, it seems like this poll will attract / biases the 2nd and 3rd more 'negative' results. i.e. people that are having excellent SC service may not respond *as* much. Just a thought.

That’s a human psychological truth. And that is being considered here. Thanks.

Either way, PLEASE cast your vote for the positive or negative as you see fit! I’m really looking for a good sample size!

Thanks everyone!

Reactions: scottf200
Michigan owner that uses the Cleveland service center here. They've always been very quick and efficient in addressing my concerns. When my mobile charging cable stopped working last week (3 red LED blinks) I received multiple calls from 2 parties (different phone numbers) to address the issue. They had a ranger out to me later that day to swap out the bad cable.

Michigan owner that uses the Cleveland service center here. They've always been very quick and efficient in addressing my concerns. When my mobile charging cable stopped working last week (3 red LED blinks) I received multiple calls from 2 parties (different phone numbers) to address the issue. They had a ranger out to me later that day to swap out the bad cable.

Oh yeah the ranger is really good and fast here too. It is the service center that's slow to get appointment almost like a doctor's office. It is also interesting that when the ranger sent out "how are we doing" email, they make sure that I will rate them based on the "mobile tech" division not the service center in the same city. I think they know all the service center got low rating and don't want to be judged by them.

no... called today (Tuesday) for routine 2 year service.... appointment for Monday. No issues. Here, they too have a number of cars in the parking lot. Keep in mind they are also the delivery center. Cars awaiting delivery is a GOOD thing.

fix alignment at Lawrence store in GTA only spent 3 days
A little impressed but probably luck

Most car in SC are fixing windows,
Either not coming up, or not coming down, or cannot be closed, or gap after door closed, I saw 5 of them have those issues, as they must park them inside SC

I'm also in Michigan and just scheduled my first appointment with Cleveland. Couldn't be happier with the process so far. Tesla service drove to my house in Grand Rapids with a loaner X 100d and took my car this week. Expect to get my X back on my doorstep next week.

Reactions: d21mike