Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on V11 interface

What is your overall take on V 11?

• I like its organization and customization a lot but its graphics are clunky. But function over form.

Votes: 104 14.5%
  • I love it and it's a huge Improvement in every way.

Votes: 149 20.7%
  • I I hate it and everything about it– wish I had not installed it.

Votes: 395 54.9%
  • I like its organization/customizability but its graphics are so bad it's overall a step backwards.

Votes: 71 9.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the poll. However, it does not capture those of us who are ok with the graphics, but take issue with the organization and placement of functions.

Poor poll options.

Organization is fine, graphics are fine, but it the whole thing has few very bad bugs. Window defroster is a critical safety feature just like the wipers are. You may need it really, really fast when you really can't go surfing the menus.
I agree. The organization and graphics are actually the strong points of the new UI - and clear improvements, in my view, over what was there before. What is missing, however, is a number of absolutely crucial features on the top level menu. There would be straightforward ways to add those features back into the UI 'desktop' while retaining the improvements of the new interface.

Of course, as I posted before, Tesla could go much further in its improvements by eliminating or minimizing the largely unnecessary 'car visualization' feature - which takes up a huge portion of the most prominent screen space - or by making the visualization feature pop up only when necessary. Imagine the worthwhile functionality that could be added by using that space for useful displays and controls!

I can't seem to find the the "display chargers" icon on the map (If I remember right the little lightening bolt icon in the trio of icons on the map). In the old version you could display all the 3 levels of chargers on the map. It was a great help to decide if I was going to stop at the next supercharger vs the one down the road.

Well that is very good news. I hope that we don't have to wait too long for this.

Terrific news! Hopefully they'll also restore the readability of the speedometer and other text from Nov. 2020, also the map size and content.

> "The team do understand that many users want to be able to adjust [demister, heated seats, profile, dash camera etc] manually, so the team are working on a concept that allows you to customise the bottom bar further with actions like this."

We can buy game controllers for our Teslas. I'd buy controllers like twist-the-stalk for wipers, a fan speed knob, and buttons (with status lights) for defrosters and recirc. (The S3XY buttons don't do it) and a pilot friend of mine would consider buying a Tesla.

While parked, screen taps are fine. While driving, I find them difficult.

Yet another gripe that I did not see anyone mentioning: The split climate control areas (two arrows and the temp setting) are mostly invisible during daytime hours when the climate system is off. There's just no contrast in the display. The other day, I thought those controls are gone for good, until I squinted.

Reactions: rmh9
Here’s a radical thought: should defroster and defogger have actual buttons either on steering wheel or dash? I know, I know, absolute heresy. But if there were physical buttons somewhere, the UI team could do whatever they wanted without adversely impacting (or just changing around) their menu structure.

Sorry, moment of delirium this morning.
Next, you will ask that with the next "update" Tesla retain the physical acceleration and brake pedals!!! Ha!!! Voice commands: Faster, Slower, and STOP NOW should work just fine, no?

Here’s a radical thought: should defroster and defogger have actual buttons either on steering wheel or dash? I know, I know, absolute heresy. But if there were physical buttons somewhere, the UI team could do whatever they wanted without adversely impacting (or just changing around) their menu structure.

Sorry, moment of delirium this morning.
And wipers and headlights, please. You know -- like a car!

Terrific news! Hopefully they'll also restore the readability of the speedometer and other text from Nov. 2020, also the map size and content.

> "The team do understand that many users want to be able to adjust [demister, heated seats, profile, dash camera etc] manually, so the team are working on a concept that allows you to customise the bottom bar further with actions like this."

We can buy game controllers for our Teslas. I'd buy controllers like twist-the-stalk for wipers, a fan speed knob, and buttons (with status lights) for defrosters and recirc. (The S3XY buttons don't do it) and a pilot friend of mine would consider buying a Tesla.

While parked, screen taps are fine. While driving, I find them difficult.
Where’s the double thumbs up button??

Have you seen ‘s3xy buttons’.. If they had wiper controls figured out I’d be buying one. (Although I’d build my own inputs for it as opposed to their buttons).

I have high bows Tesla is going to give us so good dockable gui controls/buttons.

Reactions: Transformer
Does anyone know if Tesla reads these threads, maybe get input from reading our posts?

I keep finding little things with the UI that tell me this update is not finished, like an Electronic Arts game (hints at Battlefield 2042).

Anyways to cut to the chase, I'd like to add one more item.
- I have 6 FM radio presets, I live in an area with good radio stations to cycle to and from.
-When I get to the last preset and use the left steering wheel button to click to the right for skiping to the next station, it leaves the FM radio and goes to Streaming instead of going to the 1st radio preset. God forbid you change radio stations while driving or you'll likely have to fumble with the touchscreen on how to get back.

Does anyone know if Tesla reads these threads, maybe get input from reading our posts?

I keep finding little things with the UI that tell me this update is not finished, like an Electronic Arts game (hints at Battlefield 2042).

Anyways to cut to the chase, I'd like to add one more item.
- I have 6 FM radio presets, I live in an area with good radio stations to cycle to and from.
-When I get to the last preset and use the left steering wheel button to click to the right for skiping to the next station, it leaves the FM radio and goes to Streaming instead of going to the 1st radio preset. God forbid you change radio stations while driving or you'll likely have to fumble with the touchscreen on how to get back.
I would assume a decent percentage of Tesla HQ employees own Tesla's and as a result will be reading these threads. Hopefully they have a way to alert the UI folks that they should be updating their resume's :)

Have you seen ‘s3xy buttons’.

Yes. It says "wipers coming soon." I'll go for that!

"Window defroster is a critical safety feature just like the wipers are. You may need it really, really fast when you really can't go surfing the menus."

I agree with this 100%. Just this AM I had to pull over to find the defrosters and the difference in the icon doesn't make it easy to tell back from front.
Also the defroster keeps defaulting to cold, not hot.

I last used it on hot. The heat is on in the car. It's 26 degrees outside. Is this really such difficult math?

Reactions: rmh9 and Sporty
If the fixes to this UI give us a way to, for example, open the glovebox with one tap, those S3XY buttons will turn into metaphorical buggy whips.
Tesla is never going to give everybody everything they want in terms of controls, so physical add-ons like these will always have a place. They add a convenient screen button for the glove box? Repurpose that SEXY button for something else like a chill/standard acceleration button.

Tesla is never going to give everybody everything they want in terms of controls, so physical add-ons like these will always have a place. They add a convenient screen button for the glove box? Repurpose that SEXY button for something else like a chill/standard acceleration button.
I do like the idea. The buttons are pretty bulky and ugly though. Remind me of those hideous Amazon dash thingies. Need to put them where I can punch 'em without having to look at 'em.

1641261918110.png

Reactions: smogne41 and Sporty
The more I use this new UI, the more I dislike it. Yes, we can use voice commands for many functions that are multiple taps now, but voice commands is slower than a single tap. And try doing a voice command with a back seat load of screaming kids. The Blind Spot Camera is worthless at night because the blinker glares out the video feed. Maybe Tesla can use a filter for this at night or it needs a hardware upgrade. The seat heater icons need to be on the main screen, not several taps to find especially when driving. And what happened to a tapping option for the fan speed? It's hard to work the slider while driving. Also, what happened to the charging screen snap function of the slider? And like many I hate the new icons, especially the one for streaming music. It was perfect the way it was before! In the past I have enjoyed OTA updates to my car and they always improved my experience with it. But this new UI, I am not a fan!