Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I had to come back and change my vote.... 2800 vibration free miles....

And then in the last 2 weeks it started. At first I thought it was just in my head or was the road surface. I first noticed it while accelerating (40 - 50 MPH) with the wheels turned. But it still seemed random enough for me to question it was there.

But yesterday, confirmed, no mistaking it, wheel turned or not, its there, exactly as others have described and I can fairly easily reproduce it at will.

And then in the last 2 weeks it started. At first I thought it was just in my head or was the road surface. I first noticed it while accelerating (40 - 50 MPH) with the wheels turned. But it still seemed random enough for me to question it was there.

But yesterday, confirmed, no mistaking it, wheel turned or not, its there, exactly as others have described and I can fairly easily reproduce it at will.
ah bummer. Sorry to hear it. I have no idea why it starts after so many miles.

Valid point for me it was just yoke but i need to do more testing next week
Give it time. It “grows on you”….

Welcome to our unhappy place!

Sorry to hear it, but… yep. I’m convinced every single S Plaid (can’t speak for regular S) has this issue to varying degrees. That said, @Muzzman1 says his does not, and he has a much higher number of miles on his. Alas, the one time I’m going to be in his neck of the woods he’s going on vacation. So I can’t test it. HOW CONVENIENT HE IS GONE WHEN I’M FINALLY IN LA.

What an ass.

😑

I have 3000 miles with no vibration other than a very slight cobblestone type feeling during the first minutes of the first drive of the day. (If you're coming to San Diego during your LA trip you are welcome to try my March 2022 Plaid).

Any chance the fleeting once a day minor vibration I experience is related to the more significant vibration others experience in the 40 mile an hour range?

• Love
Reactions: WilliamG
I have 3000 miles with no vibration other than a very slight cobblestone type feeling during the first minutes of the first drive of the day. (If you're coming to San Diego during your LA trip you are welcome to try my March 2022 Plaid).

Any chance the fleeting once a day minor vibration I experience is related to the more significant vibration others experience in the 40 mile an hour range?
Very kind. Alas won’t be nearby. I am renting a 2021 Plaid via Turo while I’m in LA, though. 😅

One more datapoint!

It really is a joke. I’m also amazed nobody here has an “in” with someone at Tesla to get something done for those of us frustrated to all heck with our expensive cars…

I mean, it took probably close to a year to get help with the P90DL fiasco where they realized they screwed up on the v1 and v2 packs and pulled back our max power by ~20-30 kW to prevent the batteries from failing. That took a lot of harassing to get them to restore the full power and deal with any packs that failed under warranty.

Reactions: WilliamG
I mean, it took probably close to a year to get help with the P90DL fiasco where they realized they screwed up on the v1 and v2 packs and pulled back our max power by ~20-30 kW to prevent the batteries from failing. That took a lot of harassing to get them to restore the full power and deal with any packs that failed under warranty.

How do we get help with this problem, then? :D

I'm at 11,600 miles on my plaid delivered in Jan (Nov 21 build). I do feel the slightest of vibrations between 35-45 mph when accelerating. I probably would not have taken note were it not for this thread. I think I first noticed it 5k miles ago. Doesn't seem to be deteriorating but 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: jebinc
I'm at 11,600 miles on my plaid delivered in Jan (Nov 21 build). I do feel the slightest of vibrations between 35-45 mph when accelerating. I probably would not have taken note were it not for this thread. I think I first noticed it 5k miles ago. Doesn't seem to be deteriorating but 🤷🏼‍♂️

I think the other part is that what some perceive to be slight, others perceive to be more extreme, and vice versa. That's likely why we haven't seen more (any?) heads rolling yet in terms of getting it addressed.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
I think the other part is that what some perceive to be slight, others perceive to be more extreme, and vice versa. That's likely why we haven't seen more (any?) heads rolling yet in terms of getting it addressed.

6C97E443-B538-4B6E-8BCF-931F96989834.gif