Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My software is 2023.32.9. According to the above I need correction code S012300005. How do I use or get this correction code? Does this require an appointment, mobile perhaps?
The SB says mobile service can do it, but I can't imagine it is necessary. It will probably just be an OTA you have to install:

1698525351753.png

The SB was just released yesterday, but we haven't seen 2023.44.x installed anywhere yet, so it may not be available just yet.

Given there is a range reduction, no matter how small, it may not be an automatic software update, and the user may have to request it. That’s just a guess of course.

There are no automatic software updates, you always have to click the install/schedule button. So, I guess if you don't accept the range reduction you will have to stay on version 2023.43 or older?

Given the details in the SB it doesn't really seem like it will be optional: (i.e. they won't be maintaining two different branches going forward; one with and one without the fix.)

1698525447899.png

Reactions: jebinc
The SB says mobile service can do it, but I can't imagine it is necessary. It will probably just be an OTA you have to install:

View attachment 986147

The SB was just released yesterday, but we haven't seen 2023.44.x installed anywhere yet, so it may not be available just yet.

There are no automatic software updates, you always have to click the install/schedule button. So, I guess if you don't accept the range reduction you will have to stay on version 2023.43 or older?

Given the details in the SB it doesn't really seem like it will be optional: (i.e. they won't be maintaining two different branches going forward; one with and one without the fix.)

View attachment 986148
Right, but it won’t sit well with some owners if they can’t ever update software at any point if there’s a range reduction along with the update, no matter how small. We’ll see how Tesla handles this. They may even need a new EPA rating/inspection. Tesla isn’t particularly clear about the range reduction, that’s for sure.

Anyway, so hyped for this. Only been waiting 2.5 years.

I wonder what they're actually changing. My guess would be shifting the power balance slightly rearward, hence the reduction in range?

Odd that they're only updating the Plaid though. I know I've felt what I thought was the same vibration being discussed when driving an X LR.

I wonder what they're actually changing. My guess would be shifting the power balance slightly rearward, hence the reduction in range?

Odd that they're only updating the Plaid though. I know I've felt what I thought was the same vibration being discussed when driving an X LR.
Yeah none of it is particularly clear. If it’s shifting the power balance ever so slightly, it may not affect traction at all. We’ll have to see. Excited to hear from the first person who gets it installed if this really, finally fixes the problem.

As for the Plaid vs non-Plaid, there’s definitely been reports of non-Plaid vibration. So… who knows…

Interesting that it says the service bulletin isn't applicable. Here are some details on that service bulletin:

So, it only applies to Plaids, and it may reduce range just a little bit.

But yeah, when will the early adopter FSDb firmware get updated to V2023.44, or newer?

In a sort of related thing, the Model X note about the brake fluid level issue has been updated with FSDb version notes:

So they may make a new 2023.27.8+ FSDb version for the Plaids that include the fix.
Not available because they can’t undo the FSD junk. Was told to wait until the beta program gets past .44! Ah, the benefits of the “Premium Flagship model w/ FSDj” experience! Wonderful….

Right, but it won’t sit well with some owners if they can’t ever update software at any point if there’s a range reduction along with the update, no matter how small. We’ll see how Tesla handles this. They may even need a new EPA rating/inspection. Tesla isn’t particularly clear about the range reduction, that’s for sure.

Anyway, so hyped for this. Only been waiting 2.5 years.
Tesla isn’t particularly clear about anything. Take CT… delivering in weeks and we don’t have a clue for configuration, range, price or anything. Joke.

View attachment 986147

View attachment 986148
No one can do it, if you’re stuck in FSDj.

Can't you opt out of the beta / junk?
No. They have an email process where you can request to opt out, but it’s no longer monitored. Many posts on this black hole ineffective process. I’ve been trying to get out for six months. Knocked on every door, sent many emails, made a few threats…. No action. Still stuck with the junk. This is what you get when purchasing a flagship Plaid and FSD for $12k - old software and software that tries to kill you at every turn when activated. Oh, and the wipers don’t work with the current release of said junk. Just sayin’…

@WilliamG

Reactions: WilliamG
No. They have an email process where you can request to opt out, but it’s no longer monitored. Many posts on this black hole ineffective process. I’ve been trying to get out for six months. Knocked on every door, sent many emails, made a few threats…. No action. Still stuck with the junk. This is what you get when purchasing a flagship Plaid and FSD for $12k - old software and software that tries to kill you at every turn when activated. Oh, and the wipers don’t work with the current release of said junk. Just sayin’…

@WilliamG
I get the impression wipers don’t work regardless of FSD status. My buddy with a Model 3 doesn’t have FSD and his haven’t worked for months.

As for Cybertruck info, that’s a whole different kettle of fish.

• Funny

@WilliamG
Oof, never realized, never looked into fsd that closely.

I suppose since you have a 2021, if you really wanted you could have them retrofit the 16GB MCU which I believe would reset your enrollment status. But paying $2k to remove a crap feature that you paid $12k for would be insult to injury.

I suppose since you have a 2021, if you really wanted you could have them retrofit the 16GB MCU which I believe would reset your enrollment status. But paying $2k to remove a crap feature that you paid $12k for would be insult to injury.
That it would! Why would I give them even more money for something it was supposed to come with in the first place (per the ordering page and marketing). Nope. Not having it.

Reactions: aerodyne

But you would get STEAM...but since it was supposed to work on all Refresh, that's kinda crap too.

Yeah none of it is particularly clear. If it’s shifting the power balance ever so slightly, it may not affect traction at all. We’ll have to see. Excited to hear from the first person who gets it installed if this really, finally fixes the problem.

As for the Plaid vs non-Plaid, there’s definitely been reports of non-Plaid vibration. So… who knows…
It says vibration “under acceleration” so that may only be the vibration we get under full throttle. This may not be an all inclusive because there are several different vibrations. The start up vibration for example occurs without any acceleration

It says vibration “under acceleration” so that may only be the vibration we get under full throttle. This may not be an all inclusive because there are several different vibrations. The start up vibration for example occurs without any acceleration
I’m not aware of any “startup” acceleration on the refresh S. The vast majority of the vibration issues are under load. The other vibration is at ~80mph while cruising etc. That one doesn’t affect a lot of people as far as I’m aware, - at least nowhere near the numbers of the other vibrations under load.

I’m not aware of any “startup” acceleration on the refresh S. The vast majority of the vibration issues are under load. The other vibration is at ~80mph while cruising etc. That one doesn’t affect a lot of people as far as I’m aware, - at least nowhere near the numbers of the other vibrations under load.
The startup vibration is the one that only exists for the first few minutes of the drive and usually becomes noticeable around 33mph in my case.