Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Informative
Reactions: BrianKH and impastu
Curious if it comes back?.. I didnt have this issue on my Plaid for the first 2200 miles, then it appeared. To me it feels more like an electrical current buzz, like a grounding issue. Seems to happen at cetrain harmonic moment with just the right electrical current and drive speed (2% throttle and 37-45 mph).. It doesnt bother me, it affects nothing, and I consider it part of the electrical nature of the car..

Reactions: impastu
Curious if it comes back?.. I didnt have this issue on my Plaid for the first 2200 miles, then it appeared. To me it feels more like an electrical current buzz, like a grounding issue. Seems to happen at cetrain harmonic moment with just the right electrical current and drive speed (2% throttle and 37-45 mph).. It doesnt bother me, it affects nothing, and I consider it part of the electrical nature of the car..
@Rambino Exactly the same experience and thought. Started at 2200 miles and I told the SC I thought it was more electrical than mechanical. They ignored that and replaced the half shafts.

Reactions: Rambino and impastu
I agree with you. 100%.

Reactions: impastu
Ah yeah that’s true. It’s bloody cold out, though, and I’m not climbing under my car in the wet. Do we even know if those part numbers are even visible?

Example.

EA3DF0B1-B99F-4FF9-9F0B-7BF69C54B467.png

Day 4 Update: Well, so far so good, but… I haven’t put a lot of miles on it. I have drive. It every day, wet and dry, and purposefully look for the issue to re-emerge, but not yet. Too early to declare victory, however.
Day 6 Update: Cold, dry and higher SoC level (87%). Vibration returns, as somewhat expected. As you may recall, I always suspected it's electrical, but Tesla insisted on new half shafts.
@Rbats How is yours?

@WilliamG