Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: vibration felt when slightly accelerating refresh Mode S Plaid or LR

Are you experiencing this issue with your Plaid or LR refresh?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, the Bellevue team is great. My address is actually under the Lynnwood SC zone but I don't want to deal with them anymore. I was supposed to drop the car last Thursday but they texted me there are no loaners available. Decided to push back the SC appointment to December, maybe something else will fall off from the car 🤣
Please keep us current on your car and attempted vibration repair.

Day 6 Update: Cold, dry and higher SoC level (87%). Vibration returns, as somewhat expected. As you may recall, I always suspected it's electrical, but Tesla insisted on new half shafts.
@Rbats How is yours?

@WilliamG
How was your driving? Hard acceleration, especially in turns should exacerbate the problem.
I think they are trying to harden the CV joints with every subsequent revision but I doubt that will help. They need to redesign the entire front of the car to straighten the shafts - which would be very, very expensive. I was hoping they would do that with the refresh but, apparently, they did not.

Reactions: impastu
How was your driving? Hard acceleration, especially in turns should exacerbate the problem.
I think they are trying to harden the CV joints with every subsequent revision but I doubt that will help. They need to redesign the entire front of the car to straighten the shafts - which would be very, very expensive. I was hoping they would do that with the refresh but, apparently, they did not.

Very mild driving since purchase, really. Sure, I floored it numerous times, but always straight line. No 1/4 runs, track, etc.

Reactions: Boza
Very mild driving since purchase, really. Sure, I floored it numerous times, but always straight line. No 1/4 runs, track, etc.
Is there any evidence of the vibration issue in later VINs or are data points limited to 1H21 deliveries? If this is a design issue, it’s best that you prepare yourself for a lemon law claim to exit the vehicle and hopefully get a fresh one if you’re not completely soured on the experience.

Reactions: jebinc
Is there any evidence of the vibration issue in later VINs or are data points limited to 1H21 deliveries? If this is a design issue, it’s best that you prepare yourself for a lemon law claim to exit the vehicle and hopefully get a fresh one if you’re not completely soured on the experience.
@impastu Yes, I am protecting that option - which is why I document everything and get Tesla to confirm the vibration exists at each visit. Currently in round #2, but need three rounds for the lemon (aka bastard) law.

Team TMC: I plan to take the vibration matter to social media (Twitter), in attempts to get some influencers to shed light on this issue. Will post tweets here in hopes those afflicted with the same issue will like it reply/retweet. Should have something started by the end of the day. Thanks for your support!

I'm feeling some vibration (consistently) when I turn the yoke all the way to the right and at crawling speeds (like pulling out of a driveway). I just picked it up a few days ago and taking it in tomorrow to have them take a look.

Last edited:
Picked up from service today. They acknowledged and documented (again) the issue. They stated it is a known issue and waiting for an Engineering fix.
@Hayseed_MS And that’s it?! “Yep, it vibrates. We are clueless. Like the airbag failure to deploy recall email, just go ahead and keep driving it until we reach out in 2-3 months…” Really?!
@WilliamG

I think I got bad news about this vibrating issue. I don't know if I have overread this thread but... I think this issue got a wider speed window. I was able to notice it an hour ago as low at 38mph. Also, I think I got some vibrations at high speed, like 70ish...

I hope it's related to tires and 45F is way too cold for MPS4S. Need to install my winter Alpins with 19" wheels already. Or maybe I just did not drive the car for 4 days and forgot already how it feels. IDK.

@Hayseed_MS And that’s it?! “Yep, it vibrates. We are clueless. Like the airbag failure to deploy recall email, just go ahead and keep driving it until we reach out in 2-3 months…” Really?!
@WilliamG

When you put it like that - their response does sound bad 🤣

Actually they understand and are actually pretty good - as far as any service team I have worked with at other dealers. They just want to make it work and not throw parts at it.