TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

[Poll] - Who bought or will buy Model S/X 60 kwh instead of waiting?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by ggnykk, Sep 12, 2016.

?

Instead of waiting for Model 3, who have bought or will buy Model S/X 60 kwh?

1. Yes, definitely will order/already received Model S/X 60 (first time owning Tesla)

36 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. Yes, definitely will order/already received Model S/X 60 (previously own Tesla/ own multiple Tesla)

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. Yes, I am getting BOTH Model S/X 60 and Model 3

9 vote(s)
    4.6%
  4. Yes, seriously considering Model S/X 60

18 vote(s)
    9.3%
  5. Not sure/ Neutral

13 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. No, I can only afford Model 3 financially, and I will wait

77 vote(s)
    39.7%
  7. No, I will use that money to buy TWO or more Model 3 instead.

7 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. No, Model S/X is too big for me, or I don't like it. I will wait for Model 3

17 vote(s)
    8.8%
  9. No, my current Tesla is just fine

15 vote(s)
    7.7%
  10. No, I don't currently own Tesla and don't plan to buy any Tesla in the future

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

Instead of waiting for Model 3, who have bought or will buy Model S/X 60 kwh? I should have setup this poll earlier, but better late than never.

2. MikeDog77

MikeDog77 Member

I personally am considering a used model S as well.

• Like x 2
  3. Xenius

Xenius Member

I couldn't hold out for Model 3 and went for a Model S 60D, which I love love love and wish I had ordered sooner.

• Like x 7
    • Love x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
  4. giarmdok

giarmdok New Member

Seriously considering a S 60. As I'm saving up for my 3 I'm watching through next year - figure around this time next year I'm about 75% likely to get an D instead of a 3 but I'm staying flexible. Waiting to hear more details about what the 3 will actually have beyond what we know today.

5. JY07

JY07 Member

I went through a few phases of building out some 60D's, then moved on to following the new and pre-owned inventory site, but never pulled the trigger on anything.

At the end of the day I decided I didn't really like any of the options due to the uncertainty of potential changes to the car over the next year, and I didn't want to wait for who knows how long for my reservation, so I ended up cancelling it and buying a Volt.

I'm hoping in 3-4 years it'll be a better time to buy: the mini-bus concept sounds kind of interesting so I'm hoping that comes to fruition around then as well

6. melindav

melindav ☰ reserved

I don't think the mini-bus would be a consumer vehicle, but commercial...

7. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

oops, I should have added that as one of the vote selection. Too bad the forum doesn't allow me to edit it anymore.

8. JY07

JY07 Member

Don't crush my hippy van dreams, man

• Like x 4
  9. Sharkbait

Sharkbait Member

I'm going over to the Brea Mall this Thursday for my MS60 test drive. I suppose it's a viable alternative if M3 production doesn't materialize by Q4 next year.

10. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Active Member

I voted yes, but I am going to buy a CPO 85 instead of the new 60. Looks like my cash flow is going to work out for me to be able to buy in November. Decided I am too impatient to wait and the CPO prices have been looking very attractive.

11. omar10r1

omar10r1 Member

To your point, the CPO prices look attractive to me as well, but the most enticing ones price-wise (~50k) seem to be 2013's or older. Am I correct that only 2014's and up can have Autopilot hardware? The 2014's on the Tesla CPO page don't seem to say (or maybe I'm blind).

That's sort of a deal breaker for me

12. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Active Member

Yes, late 2014 only for AP cars. There aren't many on the site right now, but rumor has it the CPO Advisors have access to a larger list. I don't know that AP cars are below $50k yet, though. Although once AP 2.0 comes out, they should come down.

I'm buying a "classic" without AP. I plan on skipping AP 1.0 entirely and jumping in for AP 2.0.

13. omar10r1

omar10r1 Member

I was actually thinking that too...perhaps just get a 2013 without AP, then I have incentive to get the M3 and not keep the S! :) Still fun to drive!

14. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

If you find a deal of like 85D in similar pricing as a new 60, it would be great.

15. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

Autopilot is Oct 2014 or after I think. Remember all the "D" (dual motor) version and autopilot hardware came out at the same time back in 2014.

16. vinnie97

vinnie97 Member

As expected, most of us are po'boys and don't have the moolah for an S.

17. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

I hope we could get around 300 total votes, so that we get a good sample size.

18. Booga

Booga Member

Can't consider it due to price, lack of charging location at the moment, and it's generally more car than I want (large in size, more expensive to insure, value of it would stand out in my apartment complex, etc.). If it was cheap enough, I would be happy to charge it twice a week at a location about 2 miles from my home, which would be an additional $30-40/month. ($15/month access and 10 cents per minute additionally) I really don't mind the "hassle" of charging, because I can just hop on wifi or even LTE with my phone to use the internet.

19. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

That means you are planning to get Model 3?

20. NuG

NuG Member

I couldn't wait so I bought a S60 and my wife will be getting the Model 3.

• Like x 1