Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - Who bought or will buy Model S/X 60 kwh instead of waiting?

Instead of waiting for Model 3, who have bought or will buy Model S/X 60 kwh?

• Yes, definitely will order/already received Model S/X 60 (first time owning Tesla)

Votes: 36 18.6%
  • Yes, definitely will order/already received Model S/X 60 (previously own Tesla/ own multiple Tesla)

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Yes, I am getting BOTH Model S/X 60 and Model 3

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Yes, seriously considering Model S/X 60

Votes: 18 9.3%
  • Not sure/ Neutral

Votes: 13 6.7%
  • No, I can only afford Model 3 financially, and I will wait

Votes: 77 39.7%
  • No, I will use that money to buy TWO or more Model 3 instead.

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • No, Model S/X is too big for me, or I don't like it. I will wait for Model 3

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • No, my current Tesla is just fine

Votes: 15 7.7%
  • No, I don't currently own Tesla and don't plan to buy any Tesla in the future

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously considering a S 60. As I'm saving up for my 3 I'm watching through next year - figure around this time next year I'm about 75% likely to get an D instead of a 3 but I'm staying flexible. Waiting to hear more details about what the 3 will actually have beyond what we know today.

I went through a few phases of building out some 60D's, then moved on to following the new and pre-owned inventory site, but never pulled the trigger on anything.

At the end of the day I decided I didn't really like any of the options due to the uncertainty of potential changes to the car over the next year, and I didn't want to wait for who knows how long for my reservation, so I ended up cancelling it and buying a Volt.

I'm hoping in 3-4 years it'll be a better time to buy: the mini-bus concept sounds kind of interesting so I'm hoping that comes to fruition around then as well

I voted yes, but I am going to buy a CPO 85 instead of the new 60. Looks like my cash flow is going to work out for me to be able to buy in November. Decided I am too impatient to wait and the CPO prices have been looking very attractive.

I voted yes, but I am going to buy a CPO 85 instead of the new 60. Looks like my cash flow is going to work out for me to be able to buy in November. Decided I am too impatient to wait and the CPO prices have been looking very attractive.

To your point, the CPO prices look attractive to me as well, but the most enticing ones price-wise (~50k) seem to be 2013's or older. Am I correct that only 2014's and up can have Autopilot hardware? The 2014's on the Tesla CPO page don't seem to say (or maybe I'm blind).

That's sort of a deal breaker for me

To your point, the CPO prices look attractive to me as well, but the most enticing ones price-wise (~50k) seem to be 2013's or older. Am I correct that only 2014's and up can have Autopilot hardware? The 2014's on the Tesla CPO page don't seem to say (or maybe I'm blind).

Yes, late 2014 only for AP cars. There aren't many on the site right now, but rumor has it the CPO Advisors have access to a larger list. I don't know that AP cars are below $50k yet, though. Although once AP 2.0 comes out, they should come down.

I'm buying a "classic" without AP. I plan on skipping AP 1.0 entirely and jumping in for AP 2.0.

Yes, late 2014 only for AP cars. There aren't many on the site right now, but rumor has it the CPO Advisors have access to a larger list. I don't know that AP cars are below $50k yet, though. Although once AP 2.0 comes out, they should come down.

I'm buying a "classic" without AP. I plan on skipping AP 1.0 entirely and jumping in for AP 2.0.

I was actually thinking that too...perhaps just get a 2013 without AP, then I have incentive to get the M3 and not keep the S! :) Still fun to drive!

Autopilot is Oct 2014 or after I think. Remember all the "D" (dual motor) version and autopilot hardware came out at the same time back in 2014.

Can't consider it due to price, lack of charging location at the moment, and it's generally more car than I want (large in size, more expensive to insure, value of it would stand out in my apartment complex, etc.). If it was cheap enough, I would be happy to charge it twice a week at a location about 2 miles from my home, which would be an additional $30-40/month. ($15/month access and 10 cents per minute additionally) I really don't mind the "hassle" of charging, because I can just hop on wifi or even LTE with my phone to use the internet.

Can't consider it due to price, lack of charging location at the moment, and it's generally more car than I want (large in size, more expensive to insure, value of it would stand out in my apartment complex, etc.). If it was cheap enough, I would be happy to charge it twice a week at a location about 2 miles from my home, which would be an additional $30-40/month. ($15/month access and 10 cents per minute additionally) I really don't mind the "hassle" of charging, because I can just hop on wifi or even LTE with my phone to use the internet.
That means you are planning to get Model 3?