Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Poll] - Who is ordering P100DL?

Who is ordering P100DL (either Model S or X)?

• Yup, definitely ordering one.

Votes: 34 13.3%
  • Seriously considering

Votes: 24 9.4%
  • Not sure/ neutral

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • No, I will wait for the non-performance 100D instead

Votes: 69 27.1%
  • No, I will save my money for Model 3 Ludicrous

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • No, definitely not! Total waste of money

Votes: 64 25.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a P85DL and have speced a P100DL and am debating. With 27,000 miles on mine now the resale is probably as good as it will get, but...I really want the Model 3 hottest version, so I'm torn. I need to decide soon I suppose but I do not feel urgency. Anyway, with new form factor as the next step I am expecting 120 kWh or so next year or so, and maybe I'll just wait. However the extra range would eliminate the two places where I most often must use non-Supercharger options on trips.

This is absolutely a First World Problem!
are you leasing your existing P85DL? If not, it is probably a good idea to upgrade now.

Reactions: jbcarioca
[QUOTE="Congrats! Did you upgrade a P90DL order? I see you confirmed 1 day after ordering...

Nope, trading in P85DL, sales person called and said that today was the last day to confirm for "Late September", so I was able to go on-line and confirm.[/QUOTE]

Cool, were you able to get a good trade-in price for the P85DL? I heard that Tesla always offer really bad trade-in price.

I voted no. As a P85D owner, more acceleration is very low on the priority list, I have plenty now. So the cost for the added range is a waste, it is not a big enough change to make a difference in how I use the car. I am happy to wait for new battery technology to take the capacity to 200kwh rather than messing around squeezing the maximum out of the same batttery technology I already have

Reactions: int32_t and ggnykk
are you leasing your existing P85DL? If not, it is probably a good idea to upgrade now.
No, I bought mine. I'm still dithering, so probably I'll wait for a while.
Lets be honest, everyone wants a P100DL. It's just that many would rather send the kid to med school instead.
Luckily for me everyone in my family who wanted med school has already gone. 'Everyone' in my case was 'no one' except two relatives who did not need my support.

Still there are many things that the $50,000 or so could more logically do than upgrade my already ludicrous P85DL. Since when has logic any role in these decisions? If logic were involved I would not even own a car in the US, I'd rent whenever I needed one. I've already rented Tesla twice, the latest one a P90D, but there is no logical defense for that either.

Frankly, we all know that our Roadster/S/X are subsidizing development of vehicles that will have logical justification. So, I'll continue dithering until the itch becomes irresistible...

Nope, trading in P85DL, sales person called and said that today was the last day to confirm for "Late September", so I was able to go on-line and confirm.

Cool, were you able to get a good trade-in price for the P85DL? I heard that Tesla always offer really bad trade-in price.[/QUOTE]

I'm very happy with it, same with last trade in. I have a 6-year loan on this one, where I put the minimum down, the trade in will cover what I owe after 1 yr and 9 months of ownership plus put about $1,000 back in my pocket. So better than most leases. The new car is more expensive, but after the fed tax incentive I'll be only 10k out of pocket for the same payment that I had before.

Not very many 100k+ cars you can do that with after owning for less than 2 years - even without the fed incentive.

So far there is not a single P100D order logged into the TMC Order Tracking Spreadsheets.... The day after the P85D and P90D announcements there was great activity there.... What does this mean?

Do many of the new folks here on TMC apparently not know about the order tracking spreadsheets?
Has the 2YR lease of P90D inventory cars sucked up all the demand out there?

I know we are a small subset of the total Tesla community, probably less than 10% of the total, but not a single order logged?
I have been TMC member for 6 months and have been "stalking" the forum for 1 year before that. I never heard such spreadsheet. Is that in one of the "sticky" threads somewhere?

Cool, were you able to get a good trade-in price for the P85DL? I heard that Tesla always offer really bad trade-in price.

I'm very happy with it, same with last trade in. I have a 6-year loan on this one, where I put the minimum down, the trade in will cover what I owe after 1 yr and 9 months of ownership plus put about $1,000 back in my pocket. So better than most leases. The new car is more expensive, but after the fed tax incentive I'll be only 10k out of pocket for the same payment that I had before.

Not very many 100k+ cars you can do that with after owning for less than 2 years - even without the fed incentive.[/QUOTE]

That's good to hear. Only 10k out of pocket when you upgrade to P100DL.

Arrgghhh.. took the wife today to test drive the P90DL, she saw a blue on tan leather 90D (new nose cone), and fell in love with it. She told me that we should replace both P85's for the 90D since it is such an improvement over the standard P85 (autopilot, AWD, new seats, summon mode, range increase, new car warranty BLAH, BLAH. BLAH)....

I really want the P100D, but she might see me as selfish, since her car is only 3 months older than mine.... wasn't planning on that outcome today. Wish Telsa would provide a multi-car discount and a loyal customer discount...

If anyone is interested in buying used - I have two loaded P85 Classics that are worth about half what I paid for them... one has the extended warranty and the other is still under factory warranty, I'm in DC - mama wants a new car...