Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poor Service and not respect Taiwan Cusotmer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a buyer from Taiwan. I pre-ordered a Model X 75D on July 8th and pay the advance deposit NT$160,000(US$53000). On Aug. 31st, Taiwan Sales informed me that I could get my car on Sept. 29th, therefore I paid the down payment NT$988,313(US$32000) on Sept. 18th and sold out my old car. I am so happy and can't wait to receive my new TESLA MODEL X.

Unexpectedly, the sales person just informed me it will be delayed one month due to the Hurricane and all the vessel was delayed. To be honestly, this is holy sxxx. The Hurricane attack Florida on Sept. 15th. I believe the estimated time of departure is much earlier than this date!! Becasue the voyage days from America eastern is 25 to 30 days to Taiwan and I just got the notice yesterday(Sept. 19) that it will be delayed. Is this reasonable? Taiwan sales person said because there is no delay information from head office. Who made this mistake and bring customer such a bad feeling?

Of course, I am not the only one victim and maybe you don't care this at all. Or maybe you don't care about the Taiwanese market. Otherwise your sales team will not just provide a roughly notice. Oops, sorry your car is delay due to the weather and no compensation or solution for customer.

It is really disappointed !!! And Tell my why shall I pay so early?

This is a buyer from Taiwan. I pre-ordered a Model X 75D on July 8th and pay the advance deposit NT$160,000(US$53000). On Aug. 31st, Taiwan Sales informed me that I could get my car on Sept. 29th, therefore I paid the down payment NT$988,313(US$32000) on Sept. 18th and sold out my old car. I am so happy and can't wait to receive my new TESLA MODEL X.

Unexpectedly, the sales person just informed me it will be delayed one month due to the Hurricane and all the vessel was delayed. To be honestly, this is holy sxxx. The Hurricane attack Florida on Sept. 15th. I believe the estimated time of departure is much earlier than this date!! Becasue the voyage days from America eastern is 25 to 30 days to Taiwan and I just got the notice yesterday(Sept. 19) that it will be delayed. Is this reasonable? Taiwan sales person said because there is no delay information from head office. Who made this mistake and bring customer such a bad feeling?

Of course, I am not the only one victim and maybe you don't care this at all. Or maybe you don't care about the Taiwanese market. Otherwise your sales team will not just provide a roughly notice. Oops, sorry your car is delay due to the weather and no compensation or solution for customer.

It is really dispointted!!!It is really disappointed !!! And Tell my why shall I pay so early?

It is really disappointed !!! And Tell my why shall I pay so early?
First of all, you probably have the wrong website. We do not have any affiliation with Tesla. If you are looking for Tesla Taiwan corporate customer service, you should go here:
聯絡我們 |

Also you got the Hurricane date wrong by a whole week. It was actually the week before: it hit Florida on September 10th. Logistics companies started closing as early as September 6 and by September 8 almost everything was shut down. I know some logistics companies that didn't open up until this week. Some places still don't have power. As for a month delay, that may just be because of the shipping schedule. They obviously don't have daily shipments scheduled, so if they missed a shipment, it's possible to be delayed quite some time (especially with backlogs from port closure making things worse).

Here in the US, if you ask, given your situation the store can probably provide you with a loaner (or if they are out of loaners they can give you a rental car like when they do service). I'm not sure how it works in Taiwan, if they have spare loaners, or if it's even customary to provide one.

Last edited:
Are the ships to Taiwan going via east coast where the hurricanes are happening? That seems like a long route, considering that Tesla is located on the west coast and has to train/truck to the east coast for that.

First of all, you probably have the wrong website. We do not have any affiliation with Tesla. If you are looking for Tesla Taiwan corporate customer service, you should go here:
聯絡我們 |

Also you got the Hurricane date wrong by a whole week. It was actually the week before: it hit Florida on September 10th. Logistics companies started closing as early as September 6 and by September 8 almost everything was shut down. I know some logistics companies that didn't open up until this week. Some places still don't have power. As for a month delay, that may just be because of the shipping schedule. They obviously don't have daily shipments scheduled, so if they missed a shipment, it's possible to be delayed quite some time (especially with backlogs from port closure making things worse).

Here in the US, if you ask, given your situation the store can probably provide you with a loaner (or if they are out of loaners they can give you a rental car like when they do service). I'm not sure how it works in Taiwan, if they have spare loaners, or if it's even customary to provide one.

Thanks, but I don't want to waste time to complain this issue to Taiwan Tesla because sales in Taiwan doesn't want to take the responsibility. The problem is Taiwan Tesla said " HEAD office didn't give any delay notice". I know Tesla president is one of member here. Just let them be awared if the sales revenue is bad in Taiwan, this is not his fault but they have bad service in Taiwan.

Thanks, but I don't want to waste time to complain this issue to Taiwan Tesla because sales in Taiwan doesn't want to take the responsibility. The problem is Taiwan Tesla said " HEAD office didn't give any delay notice". I know Tesla president is one of member here. Just let them be awared if the sales revenue is bad in Taiwan, this is not his fault but they have bad service in Taiwan.
It just seems like you are giving up a chance to possibly resolve this situation. Here in the US, when the local store does not resolve the issue, people just complain to the corporate office. The corporate office can always override the decisions made by the local store and you can go up the chain of command to get your issue resolved.

Assuming your local store has loaner cars or a policy to offer a rental car when vehicles are being service, I find it hard to believe they can't accommodate providing you with a loaner or rental for the period when you are waiting for your car to arrive.

And then, presumably, ship them back over to the Pacific Ocean to get to Taiwan. Something is weird.
Yes, that's what struck me as odd in the Tesla excuse ;) It also costs quite a bit to send to east coast by truck, or a lot of time + money if sent by train. May be, this is just a way to count these bigger deposits in "customer deposits" on Sept 30th for quarterly reporting.;)

Here is a map of the main shipping routes. Presumably, the same ship delivers cars to China, Japan, etc on its way to Taiwan.
(Reference: Main Maritime Shipping Routes)

Map_main_shipping_routes.png

And then, presumably, ship them back over to the Pacific Ocean to get to Taiwan. Something is weird.
Maybe not that weird. It's conceivable that some of the ships bringing goods from China travel through the Panama Canal for ports on the East Coast, maybe beyond. And those may be the same ships that travel back, stop and pick up goods on the West Coast, and then head back.

Obviously I don't know. I'm just saying I can see how the hurricane would impact shipments from SF to Taiwan.

Reactions: tccartier
I am too effect by this so called Hurricane shipment. I don't believe Tesla handled our delay properly. To blame on a Hurricane that occurred on a completely different coast I find it Ludicrous (pun intended), based on timeline of when the Hurricane occurred to when the delivery date was supposed to of been, these two event would of never crossed paths. It's upsetting that they take us as little kids and would believe this poor excuse. I understand delays happens, but to tell us at this point of time and when there was ample time to inform us early is poor upper management decision.

As of now, I still haven't gotten a confirmed date of shipment.

Tesla needs to get this straight, Tesla sells because of us the consumers, I was motivated to purchase based on this communities' support. Tesla Taiwan is fairly new, the past year, I've probably only seen a few on the streets. They need us here to spread the word on the advantages of owning a Tesla and that starts with service. With that said, I am disappointed with accountability they are taking and is considering cancelling my order.

Have you (plural) checked your MyTesla information? Apparently European customers have indicated that they have information about whether their cars are on the ship. I do not recall whether they named the ship or not.

Let's hope not.

Mine made it to the ship these days, according to the mytesla page. Statistic of 1.

(first sentence was a reference to the hurricane).

CFR Rinkens claims they are the shipping partner for Tesla for both Europe and Asia.

It's possible they take the Atlantic route to Europe and then Asia.
For example one of the European members tracked their Tesla to the Maersk Carolina, which goes from US to Europe then to Asia.
MAERSK CAROLINA - Container Ship - Details and current position IMO 9155133 MMSI 369233000 | Vessels | VesselFinder
Time from "in production" to UK delivery

Or if they take the Pacific route, it may be a shared container or ship for other brands/dealers (CFR Rinkens does offer this for less expensive rates) that are also shipping cars to Taiwan (given how small a market it is), so that might end up in the East coast since most of the other brands are there.

BMW for example exports through ports in Florida:
BMW Manufacturing Remains Largest U.S. Automotive Exporter. | BMW US Factory

I wouldn't write off the possibility that the Teslas destined for Taiwan ended up affected by the Hurricane.

CFR Rinkens claims they are the shipping partner for Tesla for both Europe and Asia.

It's possible they take the Atlantic route to Europe and then Asia.
For example one of the European members tracked their Tesla to the Maersk Carolina, which goes from US to Europe then to Asia.
MAERSK CAROLINA - Container Ship - Details and current position IMO 9155133 MMSI 369233000 | Vessels | VesselFinder
Time from "in production" to UK delivery

Or if they take the Pacific route, it may be a shared container or ship for other brands/dealers (CFR Rinkens does offer this for less expensive rates) that are also shipping cars to Taiwan (given how small a market it is), so that might end up in the East coast since most of the other brands are there.

BMW for example exports through ports in Florida:
BMW Manufacturing Remains Largest U.S. Automotive Exporter. | BMW US Factory

I wouldn't write off the possibility that the Teslas destined for Taiwan ended up affected by the Hurricane.

If it's shipped from east coast, what would be the lead time? From what my experience, it's 25-40 days. That may include stops at other ports in Europe or where ever. So, with that lead time, would a Hurricane on the 10th of Sep would cross path with that freight? For and delivery date of 9/29.

I am too effect by this so called Hurricane shipment. I don't believe Tesla handled our delay properly. To blame on a Hurricane that occurred on a completely different coast I find it Ludicrous (pun intended), based on timeline of when the Hurricane occurred to when the delivery date was supposed to of been, these two event would of never crossed paths. It's upsetting that they take us as little kids and would believe this poor excuse. I understand delays happens, but to tell us at this point of time and when there was ample time to inform us early is poor upper management decision.

As of now, I still haven't gotten a confirmed date of shipment.

Tesla needs to get this straight, Tesla sells because of us the consumers, I was motivated to purchase based on this communities' support. Tesla Taiwan is fairly new, the past year, I've probably only seen a few on the streets. They need us here to spread the word on the advantages of owning a Tesla and that starts with service. With that said, I am disappointed with accountability they are taking and is considering cancelling my order.

Well I'm no shipping magnate but I do know hurricanes can churn in open water as lower level storms reeking havoc with ships long before they make any possible land fall. Since you likely don't know where the ship was that was going to move your car in the days/weeks leading up to it's shipping date, the assumption that just because it's on the other coast may be flawed. The ship coming to get your car may have been on the "other coast" as well perhaps delayed due to having to maneuver around the storms. No Captain is going to drive his ship into a hurricane. Only submarines can move unimpeded by surface weather.

Tesla cannot control everything and every mishap is not their fault. While admittedly communication from Tesla could be improved, under the circumstances with multiple storms causing havoc in shipping lanes and rendering who knows how many ports useless to expect 100% accountability for ONE vehicle might be a little over the top. If it makes you feel any better you most likely won't care once you get your car! They are that good!

Reactions: bonnie
Here's an update, I've received calls admitting that my car was not shipped because of Hurricane, instead, that the freight forwarder had mishandled our shipment. This shipment was never shipped nor is it shipped as of now. How can it be possible when they state 81 cars was not shipped and sitting at the dock and no one noticed. It's all BS. My suspicion it's all an sales ploy to encourage us to place orders. Do they really need to go this route? Definitely is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Ultimately it's still up to me whether I would want to wait or not.

Here's an update, I've received calls admitting that my car was not shipped because of Hurricane, instead, that the freight forwarder had mishandled our shipment. This shipment was never shipped nor is it shipped as of now. How can it be possible when they state 81 cars was not shipped and sitting at the dock and no one noticed. It's all BS. My suspicion it's all an sales ploy to encourage us to place orders. Do they really need to go this route? Definitely is leaving a sour taste in my mouth. Ultimately it's still up to me whether I would want to wait or not.

Thank you for updated, as mentioned there are 81 cars have been mishandled, I assumed mine is one of them. I guess not thing we can do but wait! Unless you or other buyer know what vessel name and track it by yourself.