Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Poor Weather Detected' on NoA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 20 mile autoroute trip most days and have now become quite comfortable dropping into Navigate on Autopilot and letting autosteer and lane change cruise me to my destination. This morning, it was pouring with rain and I received the message 'Poor Weather Detected, NoA limited'. Fair enough but...all that seems to happen is the single blue line on the display is replaced by doubles with the car image in the middle. Autosteer, speed control and exit continue as normal as does auto lane change. So, my dumb question...does anyone know what is actually 'limited'?

I think its a more specific version of the camera blocked or blinded message - that will often not allow an auto lane change to the side that the camera is blocked.

Not a hard and fast rule but as well as the restrictions already noted, ie no thin blue line, often auto lane change restrictions, and no lane change suggestions, it will also not auto navigate off a motorway exit ramp - a word of warning, when this situation arises, if the car drives through the intersection still on the motorway (ie it hasn't turned off), it will still think that it has turned off so the car will behave and slow as if it is travelling up the slip road and stopping at the end - even when the car was doing 70 in lane 2 :eek:

• Informative
Reactions: Jez_GB
On a recent drive testing 2021.4.21.2 I got the 'Bad (poor?) weather detected' on very busy M3. Auto lane change continued to work fine even though the thick blue line was now the 2 lane markers.

What was weird about it was that the rain was so light it didn't need to put the wipers on for more than the odd flick. However, looking ahead, the traffic really started to bunch and brake lights come on and you could see the rain falling ahead, but not where I was. It was almost as if the car was aware of the oncoming rain shower that I was about to enter. I cannot recall seeing any noticeable spray from the road that may have confused it.

Right so this morning I got the poor weather message again on M56. Raining and at some points with a lot of spraying going around so there was reduced visibility indeed. What I noticed this time was that if I was indicating it would change lanes as normal but it would not do the change lane suggestion thingie. A bit of anecdotal evidence to be honest but it is what I noticed :)

Right so this morning I got the poor weather message again on M56. Raining and at some points with a lot of spraying going around so there was reduced visibility indeed. What I noticed this time was that if I was indicating it would change lanes as normal but it would not do the change lane suggestion thingie. A bit of anecdotal evidence to be honest but it is what I noticed :)

What s/w version?