Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Porsche Taycan is MUCH better looking than the Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C’mon guys, look at the picture before you downvote.

Attachments

• 1B4911D1-BCBA-47A9-A1B6-08064B6BC3A0.jpeg
    1B4911D1-BCBA-47A9-A1B6-08064B6BC3A0.jpeg
    324.5 KB · Views: 263
Porsche is super frustrated. Most every Taycan sold is replacing another Porsche that would have been sold instead. Net benefit to Porsche is ZERO. Of course this is better than loosing market share, but now company wants to be eating it's own babies.

On the other hand, most of Tesla growth has been from conquest sales. Most Tesla sales have taken away from the competitors ICE sales.

Yes, it is beautiful. And nicer interior than the Model S (of course, that is not a high bar to cross).

The new entry Taycan is price-competitive to the Model S Long Range.

Not competitive on accel or range. Or interior space. And almost certainly not on maintenance and factory parts.

But it sure looks better!

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
Just remember "A great relationship is more important than a pretty face!"

Yea, just don't bring up tesla service! :rolleyes: I've never owned a Porsche, wonder how they treat their customers. Lexus used to be great but has really fallen over time. We're test driving a Taycan this summer before final decision on our plaid order.

So I guess a pretty face was enough to get me in the door! ;)

• Funny
Reactions: ladysbff
Just remember "A great relationship is more important than a pretty face!"

Yea, just don't bring up tesla service! :rolleyes: I've never owned a Porsche, wonder how they treat their customers. Lexus used to be great but has really fallen over time. We're test driving a Taycan this summer before final decision on our plaid order.

So I guess a pretty face was enough to get me in the door! ;)

Porsche service, while it does vary by location, is leaps and bounds better than Tesla service.

I would 100% buy a Taycan 4S vs. a Model S Plaid. Unless the Model S is getting a significant refresh before then in which case I might reverse that decision. And also if I planned on road tripping. For that the S is a much better car (more space, much better charging).

Reactions: Fadiawesome
Taycan = Panamera killer

Porsche service, while it does vary by location, is leaps and bounds better than Tesla service.

I would 100% buy a Taycan 4S vs. a Model S Plaid. Unless the Model S is getting a significant refresh before then in which case I might reverse that decision. And also if I planned on road tripping. For that the S is a much better car (more space, much better charging).

The best service is no service.

And you're out of your mind lol

Well you know the Tesla definitely has a more utility type look a little more rugged more like a tradesman type thing, good stance, it's close, but I guess I would have to give the Taycan the nod.

I’m hoping that the Taycan’s upcoming stablemate - the Audi GT - will have the kinks worked out by, say, 2024, which is about when I’ll be ready to buy again, so maybe there will be real competition for Tesla. Love our MY but would like more choices.

Yes, it is beautiful. And nicer interior than the Model S (of course, that is not a high bar to cross).

The new entry Taycan is price-competitive to the Model S Long Range.

Not competitive on accel or range. Or interior space. And almost certainly not on maintenance and factory parts.

But it sure looks better!

It looks like a tweaked 911 .. which in turn look like all the other 500,000 911 variants .. which in turn looks like VW Beetle. :)

Taycan = Panamera killer

The best service is no service.

And you're out of your mind lol

ive owned 3 Porsche’s and two Tesla’s. You may disagree, but I am 110% not out of my mind. I’ve experienced both, have you?

I would agree best service is no service, however both My Tesla’s have both required servicing. Which has been pretty lousy overall.

So thanks for your opinion, but I’ll politely disagree.

Reactions: Tres_Azul
It's great - unless you own one of the 'lesser' Porsches. Then you get high shop fees and 'attitude'. (Like my old 944. Back in 1989, I switched from dealer service to a private shop the moment it left its factory warranty period.)
I ran into something similar when I bought a new Mini Cooper a few years into the BMW resurrection of the brand. Initially, BMW insisted that Mini be completely separate from the parent brand at the dealership and service level. But after I had owned the car a couple of years, BMW relaxed that requirement for service, and my only geographically close Mini dealer - the next nearest was 60 miles away - merged their Mini service operation with their BMW service operation, and Mini was suddenly the proverbial red-headed stepchild. All of the Mini service advisors were pissed they weren’t over on the BMW side of the service office, and the Mini owners got the short end of the stick. And there weren’t independent Mini service shops at the time either. It was a substantial contribution to my selling the car only four years into it, despite enjoying the car a lot.

ehhh.... it's just another Porsche, all Porsches look the same to me. They are good looking cars, but if Model S design hasn't been updated for a decade or so, then Porsches haven't been updated for half a century. I think their trick is to use the same base design layout and sell it for a sky-high price. It works, so they won't change anything.

Now, the tech of Taycan is really good and in some aspects it really competitive against Tesla for now.

Sorry, I am not a fan of Porsche design even if I could afford it.