Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, so Ive had the car for almost a week now after collecting from Southamptons un-spectacular event and the car is fantastic. A few things people for you all:

1. Parcel shelf. Had the parcel shelf in my XC60 and it got in the way most of the time. The missus would even leave it open so we didn't even use it. TBH, I'm actually glad its not there. The privicy glass is fine for keeping stuff hidden.
2. Noise. Don't even notice anything from the rear or rattling, all I hear is the noise from outside. Normally have music on anyways so that drowns everything out.
3. 20" wheels look great with the black car. The ride quality is a little firmer compared to my XC60 but I wouldn't change it for the 19"s. Down to personal preference at the end of the day.
4. Charging. Easy peasy when you go to Tesla superchargers and so quick. Yes you pay a little more for topping up your car compared to charging at home but still cheaper than a tank of unleaded.
5. Software. Didn't upgrade the software straight away and realised that I missed out on the updated UI changes on the screen and charging stats on the phone app.
6. Gaps and alignment. No issues at all. Everything looks straight and even.
7. Autopilot. Like cruise control, keeps you in lane and maintains speed and distance with the car in front. It did a phantom brake the other day where I was passing a lorry on a motorway with no road lights. No one else around so was all good.
8. Storage. So much space! Beats all other EVs storage hands down.

This is my first EV and had some reservations about converting but I'm glad I did and glad it was the model Y.
what a fantastic colour choice Sir......a real thing of beauty :)

Reactions: Keldron and Andy.MY
Am I reading the right, you can add 1600kg of weight in/to it?
No, the 4219KG figure is the max weight with trailer. Subtracting the top figure from the bottom one gives you the maximum weight that can be towed (1600Kg). To get the maximum laden weight (including passengers), you need to subtract the net weight of the car from the top figure on the VIN plate (as @rubberduck did in a previous post). From a quick search online, it looks like the net weight of the 2022 Model Y is 2066Kg which means its cargo capacity (including people) is 553Kg.

Reactions: RichardTheKing
No, the 4219KG figure is the max weight with trailer. Subtracting the top figure from the bottom one gives you the maximum weight that can be towed (1600Kg). To get the maximum laden weight (including passengers), you need to subtract the net weight of the car from the top figure on the VIN plate (as @rubberduck did in a previous post). From a quick search online, it looks like the net weight of the 2022 Model Y is 2066Kg which means its cargo capacity (including people) is 553Kg.
That is correct. It looks like I was using the 2021 Model Y net weight of 2004kg - thanks for the correction.

That is correct. It looks like I was using the 2021 Model Y net weight of 2004kg - thanks for the correction.
On the UK site of Tesla it says the MY2022 weight is 1979 kg.
MY2022.PNG

Strange. On Tesla webpage in Norway it says the Model Y LR weight is 1979 kg. This should make the max payload 640 kg (2619-1979=640 kg). Where are you seeing the net weight of 2004?
There are quite a few conflicting sources of information on this. Our online UK manual doesn't state the maximum curb weight (unladen) for the 2022 Model Y but the Tesla online manual for Singapore does and states that is 2066Kg (although its Gross Vehicle Weight is slightly different!): Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla
As the cars for this market are also made in China and this is a Tesla website, one would hope this is an accurate figure!

There are quite a few conflicting sources of information on this. Our online UK manual doesn't state the maximum curb weight (unladen) for the 2022 Model Y but the Tesla online manual for Singapore does and states that is 2066Kg (although its Gross Vehicle Weight is slightly different!): Model Y Owner's Manual | Tesla
As the cars for this market are also made in China and this is a Tesla website, one would hope this is an accurate figure!
Thanks for the info! They dont make it easy.. Must be how weights are calculated for the cars in different countries. Its anyway a substantial improvement on the 2021 payload. Tesla stated that the increase for EU would be 250 kg.

OK, so Ive had the car for almost a week now after collecting from Southamptons un-spectacular event and the car is fantastic. A few things people for you all:

1. Parcel shelf. Had the parcel shelf in my XC60 and it got in the way most of the time. The missus would even leave it open so we didn't even use it. TBH, I'm actually glad its not there. The privicy glass is fine for keeping stuff hidden.
2. Noise. Don't even notice anything from the rear or rattling, all I hear is the noise from outside. Normally have music on anyways so that drowns everything out.
3. 20" wheels look great with the black car. The ride quality is a little firmer compared to my XC60 but I wouldn't change it for the 19"s. Down to personal preference at the end of the day.
4. Charging. Easy peasy when you go to Tesla superchargers and so quick. Yes you pay a little more for topping up your car compared to charging at home but still cheaper than a tank of unleaded.
5. Software. Didn't upgrade the software straight away and realised that I missed out on the updated UI changes on the screen and charging stats on the phone app.
6. Gaps and alignment. No issues at all. Everything looks straight and even.
7. Autopilot. Like cruise control, keeps you in lane and maintains speed and distance with the car in front. It did a phantom brake the other day where I was passing a lorry on a motorway with no road lights. No one else around so was all good.
8. Storage. So much space! Beats all other EVs storage hands down.

This is my first EV and had some reservations about converting but I'm glad I did and glad it was the model Y.
Perhaps the best way of resolving the max payload question is for someone with a Model Y to post a photo of the tyre pressure plate which should also include this figure.