Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powder Coating Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how was the tesla logo / lettering done then? I'm not super familiar with what can be done with powder coating these days.

Obviously you removed the calipers.. did you just plug the lines and then re-bleed the brakes when reinstalling?
Well, my body shop did it. They really didn't go into it much with me but I think they PC them off the car (obviously) and then put the stickers on and clearcoated to make sure they stayed on. I'm not 100% sure as I left it up to them to figure that out. They did re-bleed and unplug the lines also. They did a great job.

Well, my body shop did it. They really didn't go into it much with me but I think they PC them off the car (obviously) and then put the stickers on and clearcoated to make sure they stayed on. I'm not 100% sure as I left it up to them to figure that out. They did re-bleed and unplug the lines also. They did a great job.

Love the red calipers! What body shop did the work for you...and how many days did it take them? (If you do not mind posting it or PM-ing me, how much did it cost you?) I am also in So Cal and and thinking of powdercoating my calipers as well. Thanks in advance...

Got mine powder coated dark gray, and absolutely love 'em
2013-08-24 15.09.14.jpg

Moving to Seattle soon. Guess I can't get by on 21" tires all year so may get the new 19" rims and powder coat them or maybe the aero wheels.

Wow! Good luck with the move; I loved every minute of a short and sweet 3-month stint in the Redmond/Seattle area several summers ago.

Now, you'll have to cough up $100 extra every year for driving all-electric! Atleast, you'd be driving on really clean power.

19" and 21" lugnuts and centercaps the same size?

Could one of you experts tell me:

1) Are the centercaps for 19" and 21" Telsa wheels the same size and interchangeable?
2) Are the lugnuts for 19" and 21" Telsa wheels the same size and interchangeable?

I am asking because I am interested in powdercoating 19" wheels to match the 21" glossy grey color, and substitute in the 21" grey centercaps (which have a silver "T") and grey 21" lugnuts bought as stock parts from Tesla.

Thanks!

The Fremont service center knows a guy who does the powder coating in house...I'm taking delivery of my pearl white MS on September 12, and I'm hoping to have my wheels done before actual delivery...When I was in a few weeks ago, one of the service people mentioned that if I brought my car in to have the wheels done, they would even give me a loaner!!

Im going to powder coat my grey with grey, but looking for someone with experience in the Bay Area (preferably San Jose). Anyone got any leads or places they've gone that they trust or can recommend?